I have a very minor bend but I'm wondering what exactly the problem is.  I had the system overheat one time when it turned itself on in my pocket and I'm wondering if that was it or if it's even worth trying to replace.

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I have a very minor bend but I'm wondering what exactly the problem is.  I had the system overheat one time when it turned itself on in my pocket and I'm wondering if that was it or if it's even worth trying to replace.

I'm in the same boat. It's so minor I can't even decide if it's warping or just manufacturing imperfections. 

Way I see it, the thing's warranted for a year. I'll use mine normally, see either the warping gets worse. If not, no worries. If it does, send it for repairs before the warranty is up.

45 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I'm in the same boat. It's so minor I can't even decide if it's warping or just manufacturing imperfections. 

Way I see it, the thing's warranted for a year. I'll use mine normally, see either the warping gets worse. If not, no worries. If it does, send it for repairs before the warranty is up.

I was thinking the same. My one concern about waiting is, for whatever baffling, i.e. Nintendo reason, all saves are stored on the internal memory.  If something catastrophic goes wrong in the interim I lose all of my save files, etc.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I was thinking the same. My one concern about waiting is, for whatever baffling, i.e. Nintendo reason, all saves are stored on the internal memory.  If something catastrophic goes wrong in the interim I lose all of my save files, etc.

For right now, that just sounds like a good excuse to repay Zelda.

did notice some excessive heating when I docked mine tonight for the first time. I do try to limit myself on the amount of gaming I do though so with any luck this won't be a growing issue. I'm just gonna charge my switch so I can play tomorrow morning before work.

It's probably worth a mention that some of the initial pics people posted of the warping didn't provide context. No mention of heat issues, just warping. So it could have been a manufacturing defect. It doesn't make it unusable, but it is a defect. I suspect it to be heat from the battery as well as the rest of electronics packed into the device. It's a gaming system. If one wants that kind of performance from such a small device, it's bound to generate heat which would warp the plastic over time. If it's a manufacturing defect, then the affected units should have some common factor which should separate them from the units that are not exhibiting signs. At least Nintendo is repairing/replacing the affected units.

Luckily my switch is completely straight and I have marathon gamed on it, but only in Hand-held mode. Whenever the fan spins fast enough for me to hear it I take it as a queue to put the system into sleep and take a 5-10 min break to get up and do other stuff.

If there's anything I learned from my 3DS XL it's that Nintendo has a retarded level of variance in its systems. It took freaking forever to get a 3DS XL that has both top and bottom IPS screens AND no stupid dust under the plastic AND no dead pixels (I ended up cannibalizing two separate 3DS XL's to make mine and selling the spare on ebay lol)

It's sad to see the Nintendo Switch production is seeing that same retarded variance. it reminds me of Bandai and all the people who got bum DX CF VF-171's while others that had perfect ones O_o 

hope they sort this out soon.

Edited by Duymon

Think I'm doing something wrong. I seem to die constantly during my battles with monsters, mostly those goblin looking guys when they're purple. I don't know if it's my weapons just being crappy or if there's a strategy to get them.

but that's another issue are my weapons. Most are pick ups like the bone arms or small clubs. Don't seem to get a lot of interesting stuff, just things that break after a few whacks. Any advice?

When weapons are scarce you need to get creative with how you kill stuff. 

Throw bombs at everything or if there's metal objects like crates, use magnesis and slam the metal objects into bad guys for free easy kills.

You can even wait until night time and sneak up on bokoblins when they sleep. Grab their wapons so that when they wake up they are unarmed and super easy to kill.

Try to never fight more than one bad guy at a time. If there's more than one keep running away so that some of them give up and peel off.

47 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

Think I'm doing something wrong. I seem to die constantly during my battles with monsters, mostly those goblin looking guys when they're purple. I don't know if it's my weapons just being crappy or if there's a strategy to get them.

but that's another issue are my weapons. Most are pick ups like the bone arms or small clubs. Don't seem to get a lot of interesting stuff, just things that break after a few whacks. Any advice?

That's totally normal. With three hearts, a stick, and the shirt you found in the cave where you woke up anything tougher than a red Bokoblin is a challenge. It'll get easier. Seriously, by the time you fight the final boss you'll be like, "Is that it?"

As far as advice goes, when you find the old man's cabin Mark it on your map. Pick apples, and when you have 5 cook them. It's an easy early recipe that, with so few hearts, will heal you to full. Headshots with arrows will also do more damage at this point than melee. Oh, and in the early game the bomb rune is your best friend.

Don't be afraid to run. You can even fast travel while in combat.

If you insist on melee, get a shield. IIRC, there's one in a chest around the Temple of Time. That'll let you block, but if you time it right and press A just as the enemy attack hours you're should you can party it. Or, if you jump backward or to the side just before getting hit you'll do a perfect dodge, which will open the enemy for a flurry attack.

Was playing Zelda...wanted to look around Hyrule Castle.

Had no intention of finishing the game...but somehow ended up in the Sanctum...

...and I dunno if I'm overpowered but Ganon was WAY too easy.

To be honest. I had tougher times fighting Lynels.

:(

Edited by UN Spacy

2 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Was playing Zelda...wanted to look around Hyrule Castle.

Hide contents

Had no intention of finishing the game...but somehow ended up in the Sanctum...

Hide contents

...and I dunno if I'm overpowered but Ganon was WAY too easy.

Hide contents

To be honest. I had tougher times fighting Lynels.

:(

Everyone says the same thing.

I'm getting the hang of it......it's kind of troublesome to have a horse if you don't intend to go long distances. I would like to spend some time roaming more I think. But I'm atleast able to get clothes, scored some better weaponry which just a damn shame it'll all break eventually. I can't believe there are 100 shrines to visit, that just seems intimidating but so far of the 6 or so I've visited I haven't had to many concerns yet.

1 hour ago, kanedaestes said:

That's if you do the beasts though. I think he's harder without doing the divine beasts 

Not exactly.  Each beast you conquer will unleash an attack, and if you do all four the combined attacks will take away about half of its health.  If you don't do any, you just have to whittle away that health yourself, but it's still not that hard.  I'd say with upgraded armor (the Soldier, Ancient, or Wild gear will do), the Master Sword, half of the max hearts, and maybe three or four meals to refill your health and you should be fine.  In fact, as UN Spacy noted, you'll probably have a harder time with Lynels along the way.

I just beat the game before I have my Switch repaired. I retract my previous statement, he was far easier than he should've been. But to be fair I don't remember too many hard Ganon fights short of the first Zelda. 

Edited by kanedaestes

Thinking I got a defective unit. This sat in a car charger for half of yesterday then docked all last night. When I grabbed it this morning the indicator was at full and I turned it off.

20 minutes later I turn it on and it's at 50%.

IMG_4436.JPG

I finally hooked mine up last weekend, but am not going to play Zelda until I finish Horizon Zero Dawn, so at this point the entire gaming history on my Switch is my 2.5-year old enjoying Just Dance 2017.

With the wait though, I'm seriously considering getting a 2nd Joy-con and painting the cases gold so I can Zelda properly.  There are some awesome custom paint jobs out there, and thankfully some how-to guides to go with them.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, Hikuro said:

Thinking I got a defective unit. This sat in a car charger for half of yesterday then docked all last night. When I grabbed it this morning the indicator was at full and I turned it off.

20 minutes later I turn it on and it's at 50%.

IMG_4436.JPG

Did the issue get resolved, or do you have to send it back?