Doyusha 1/144 scale die-cast bronzed YF-19

Acteon

Hi guys - while I was in Japan I happened upon an auction item at Nakano which was fairly unusual. I thought you guys might enjoy it as a little rarity.

This is the Doyusha 1/144 scale die-cast YF19, but in a show exclusive (not sure which one!) as a display item and was never for sale. It's completely unpainted.

I have the regular YF19 and YF21 from this series, which I'm very fond of. I love die-cast toys, and this version of the toy completes the Macross Plus set nicely :)

Image1_zps4tqjbcxj.jpg

valk2_zpsduvjzwjf.jpg

valk3_zpsyfzc6dvn.jpg

valk4_zpsvwbre3fp.jpg

PS: Can one of the mods please fix the title by removing the bracketed part? Not sure how that got in there ><

It is relatively rare....I've seen maybe 4-5 since the Doyushas were first released.....good find!

BTW...says right on the box....it was made to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Macross...it was an exclusive from the Art Jeuness Gallery shop in Japan....

gallery_12176_633_196064.jpg

gallery_12176_633_139296.jpg

gallery_12176_633_226267.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

It is relatively rare....I've seen maybe 4-5 since the Doyushas were first released.....good find!

BTW...says right on the box....it was made to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Macross...it was an exclusive from the Art Jeuness Gallery shop in Japan....

Aha, so Art Jeuness is a gallery - I didn't know that. I knew why it was made, just didn't know where it was shown off - I think I was thrown off by the Any Moon blog which referenced the release as a show exclusive (http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=2259)

Great to see them all together in your photos!

I picked it up for 2,100Y, which I thought was pretty good - not as good as 1,200Y in the other thread, but still well worth it in my opinion :p

Edited by Acteon

The Art Jeuness Gallery features high-end art from several Japanese illustrators. However, they often have several "shows" or events to commemorate things such as the Macross 20th Anniversary...and more recently the Macross 30th Anniversary...go figure! And, of course, these events usually will have plenty of "event exclusive" merchandise offered for sale.

Again, nice catch and welcome to the exclusive Art Jeuness Macross 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Doyusha YF-19 Owners Club.... :drinks:

You know....that Art Jeuness YF-19 reminds me of how several companies seem to go with the "monochromatic" look when deciding to release "special" versions of their collectibles....

Takatoku did it....IMAI/ARII did it....Bandai did it.....Doyusha did it....even Toynami gave it a go....

I would totally buy the one Arcadia was teasing months ago......

gallery_12176_633_102769.jpg