Macross items appearing in Estate Sale on Ebay

Cowboy17

Tonight there was an estate auction on ebay that featured a TON of Macross 1/48 and 1/60 Yamatos. I won the 1/48 max and miria, but that's not what this thread is about.

One of the items that was NOT available for bidding online (onsite only) was 4 large tubs full of custom valkyrie parts, broken pieces, spares, etc. Which made me think - if the owner of this estate had all that, then they were very likely to have been a member here at some point. The auction is in Little Rock, Arkansas. Does anyone know of a member from that area that hasn't been heard from in a long time?

Sorry if this is morbid or the wrong forum for the question.

Scream Man used to be a member here and lived in Little Rock, AK. He was a huge collector of 1/48 valks. A member checked in here a while back to inform us that he had passed. I have a feeling that this auction may have been put up by his wife or son, though the last time I remember anything about his son he was a bit young.

Edited by Loop

Scream Man used to be a member here and lived in Little Rock, AK. He was a huge collector of 1/48 valks. A member checked in here a while back to inform us that he had passed. I have a feeling that this auction may have been put up by his wife or son, though the last time I remember anything about his son he was a bit young.

Oh. Yeah, that sounds like it might be the case, then. I was excited to get a bit of a deal on a couple of nice 1/48s, but now it's just a bit sad. Well, at least a couple of them are going to a good home.

Edit: I don't think it was the user Scream Man. He last posted on Oct 3rd, and was showing as active just Yesterday on the forum.

Edited by Cowboy17

Looks like I quoted the wrong name. It was not scream man.. gosh his username is slipping my mind, but he had the avatar of a "a pimp named slickback" from boondocks and in his sig something about valkaholics anonymous. He got more in to photography towards the end there.

*Edit*

His username was Macrossman here is the thread if anyone would like to see it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40383&hl=%22photography%22

Edited by Loop

Ha! I registered and was looking at the 1/60's, hoping against hope that no one else knew about them.

Opening bids start then around 90, then went to 120, and most items sold around 150. The yamato stands sold for $50 each I think. Interesting to actually partake in a real, voice and video auction.

Things mostly seemed like a decent deal compared to what I see people normally asking for on ebay. I had wanted the 1J supers and the low vis valks but everytime i saw one someone would be asking 400 bucks BIN or more with killer shipping. I started the low vis off at 150 but that was the absolute max i wanted especially after already winning the max and miria supers. I think it sold for 190.

What?!? MacrossMan is gone?!?

Even though this happened almost 3 years ago, it's still hard to swallow...I didn't know, as I was out of the Macross game at the time.

He was a big Minmay Guard fan, and had commissioned Kurt to do a few customs of his. His collection is what inspired me to contact Kurt for my own Paris Act custom, and I took over ownership of his Moon Act when his passion shifted to photography.

I hope his family is doing okay...he's sorely missed here, that's for sure...

Edited by Old Man

I saw that auction on eBay...struggled a bit to figure out how to bid on it, should have paid closer attention as a lot of the Macross stuff went for some very reasonable prices.

RIP Macrossman, even though it was 3 years ago.

That would explain why he wasn't active on his flickr account, we were following each other there, and I haven't seen anything new pop up on his account. I think I had sent some invites for some of his photos for my group page, but he hasn't responded to them Geez three years so sad. It makes you think that you may never be promised a tomorrow, any one of could die unexpectedly and our collections could end up in the trash by our loved ones (my sister for example). At least his wife and son put them up for auction knowing others would want them. R.I.P Macrosman.

Ok my mistake the guy I am following was Macrossjunkie not Macrossman, I checked. But I do remember contacting him about a his picture he Photoshoped a 1/48 making a landing at the demolition site for PNC Park in Pittsburgh. I thought he lived there cause that's where I'm from, and I recognized the location.