Post-Delta Megaroad Thoughts

MisaForever

16 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'd be way more interested in the story of the Megaroad...but they would probably screw that up too

At this point, i think they did screw it up. Considering the new Delta movie "revelations "..

34 minutes ago, TehPW said:

now that the damage...

what is the story about that pic again, in Live!!!! ?

Spoiler

The Megaroad-01 is briefly visible when the paramilitary organization Heimdall uses the Protoculture System and their own Star Singer to open a super fold gate into the fold fault where it's been trapped all this time.  They believe Lady M is aboard that ship, and want to destroy the ship in order to kill her and free the New UN Government from her influence.

It doesn't actually participate in the plot in any way.  It just kinda sits there on the other side of the super fold gate and vanishes again when Heimdall's flagship blows up and the super fold gate closes.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:
  Hide contents

The Megaroad-01 is briefly visible when the paramilitary organization Heimdall uses the Protoculture System and their own Star Singer to open a super fold gate into the fold fault where it's been trapped all this time.  They believe Lady M is aboard that ship, and want to destroy the ship in order to kill her and free the New UN Government from her influence.

It doesn't actually participate in the plot in any way.  It just kinda sits there on the other side of the super fold gate and vanishes again when Heimdall's flagship blows up and the super fold gate closes.

Spoiler

On the subject of Lady M: I was wondering about the possibility (if not mentioned previously) that Lady M could be an AI along the same lines as Sharon Apple?

Now, I know when Megaroad-1 was launched, there wasn't much (if anything) of any AI research available that would be on the level of Sharon. But since its' evident that there had been contact with the Megaroad for about the past decade, that said research could have been shared with them. The reason I postulate this is because I do not think any of the original Macross characters would turn on Earth like this, but an AI version might.

Disclaimer: I'm probably half-remembering this stuff (and doing a lousy job at it), so if I veer to either side off the Macross highway here, please forgive me and correct my poor mental driving! lol

8 hours ago, pengbuzz said:
  Hide contents

On the subject of Lady M: I was wondering about the possibility (if not mentioned previously) that Lady M could be an AI along the same lines as Sharon Apple?

Now, I know when Megaroad-1 was launched, there wasn't much (if anything) of any AI research available that would be on the level of Sharon. But since its' evident that there had been contact with the Megaroad for about the past decade, that said research could have been shared with them. The reason I postulate this is because I do not think any of the original Macross characters would turn on Earth like this, but an AI version might.

Disclaimer: I'm probably half-remembering this stuff (and doing a lousy job at it), so if I veer to either side off the Macross highway here, please forgive me and correct my poor mental driving! lol

That'd be a hell of a plot twist...

Spoiler

"Ethical Skynet orders a ban on AI and its own dismantling after judging itself too dangerous to exist."

Given that "Lady M" is apparently very opposed to the widespread use of advanced AIs, unmanned fighters, etc., it seems a safe bet that she's not an AI herself.  If the movie is to be believed, she is behind the bans on various types of AI technology.

Since Megaroad 01 disappeared and was never to be seen from again...

Spoiler

Would that mean that they would have no knowledge of developing new laws and technology bans and are basically free to pursue whatever they wanted for almost 50 years?

8 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Since Megaroad 01 disappeared and was never to be seen from again...

Hide contents

Would that mean that they would have no knowledge of developing new laws and technology bans and are basically free to pursue whatever they wanted for almost 50 years?

Spoiler

Based on Absolute Live!!!!!!, the opposite appears to be true.

If what Exsedol, Max, and Cromwell say in the movie is true then "Lady M" has not only been somehow managing to stay up to date on current events, she's apparently been sitting in judgement of humanity's development from the Megaroad-01 and wielding her influence to manipulate the New UN Government's policies to her liking.

She is apparently one of the major opponents of the use of AI and unmanned weapons, among other things.

I’m thinking;

Spoiler

How does ‘Lady M’ wield influence while being stuck in a fold fault all these decades? 
Even if communication can filter in & out of the fault, why should anyone do what she says?

I can only think she possesses important, profound information to convince others to follow what she says, but if so, no one seems to be revealing what that knowledge is & seemingly follow her wishes on blind faith.

I suppose we’ll find out only on the next Macross installment. Seeing that Macross always follow current music trends, I wonder what musical trend be like 5 years down the road..

48 minutes ago, MKT said:

I’m thinking;

Hide contents

How does ‘Lady M’ wield influence while being stuck in a fold fault all these decades? 
Even if communication can filter in & out of the fault, why should anyone do what she says?

I can only think she possesses important, profound information to convince others to follow what she says, but if so, no one seems to be revealing what that knowledge is & seemingly follow her wishes on blind faith.

I suppose we’ll find out only on the next Macross installment. Seeing that Macross always follow current music trends, I wonder what musical trend be like 5 years down the road..

Really, nothing about "Lady M" makes sense... and to make matters worse, all the information about her is presented as either secondhand or rumor.

Spoiler

Nothing is ever clarified about who "Lady M" actually is or how she supposedly wields so much influence that she can control the New UN Government and New UN Forces from afar while stuck aboard a ship trapped in a fold fault.  All we know for sure is she's apparently a voice (maybe) with an internet connection that uses the Megaroad-01's military frequency to communicate.

As Megaroad-01 has apparently been immobilized in a fold fault for the last fifty-two years it's dubious that Lady M would have any kind of important or profound information to convey to the greater galaxy.  She might have some pertinent thoughts about how to improve the comfort of emigrant ships for long-term habitation... or some feedback in the area of how five decades of chemically recycling water from urine has left it tasting like Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Back when the Megaroad-01 thing was presented as just a wild and unconfirmed rumor from an unreliable source, it made a lot more sense as Lady M was presented as a mysterious researcher who'd been studying music's potential as a weapon since the First Space War and wielded Xaos's influence as a (lower tier) megacorp.  Now that it's someone who's been isolated from the galaxy since just four years after the First Space War, none of that makes any sense.  There's no clear reason for anyone to listen to her at all, never mind jump to her commands when it's clearly at odds with humanity's best interests.

The only Megaroad-1 story that makes sense now is if they set it up as the future antagonist.  All along you thought you were fighting for the good guys, when... surprise, you have been fighting for the bad guy.

Delta really does screw up everything doesn't it?  This whole crazy Lady M thing came from there.  In the vain effort to capitalize on nostalgia, the franchise is going to self destruct.

27 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Really, nothing about "Lady M" makes sense... and to make matters worse, all the information about her is presented as either secondhand or rumor.

Hide contents

Nothing is ever clarified about who "Lady M" actually is or how she supposedly wields so much influence that she can control the New UN Government and New UN Forces from afar while stuck aboard a ship trapped in a fold fault.  All we know for sure is she's apparently a voice (maybe) with an internet connection that uses the Megaroad-01's military frequency to communicate.

As Megaroad-01 has apparently been immobilized in a fold fault for the last fifty-two years it's dubious that Lady M would have any kind of important or profound information to convey to the greater galaxy.  She might have some pertinent thoughts about how to improve the comfort of emigrant ships for long-term habitation... or some feedback in the area of how five decades of chemically recycling water from urine has left it tasting like Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Back when the Megaroad-01 thing was presented as just a wild and unconfirmed rumor from an unreliable source, it made a lot more sense as Lady M was presented as a mysterious researcher who'd been studying music's potential as a weapon since the First Space War and wielded Xaos's influence as a (lower tier) megacorp.  Now that it's someone who's been isolated from the galaxy since just four years after the First Space War, none of that makes any sense.  There's no clear reason for anyone to listen to her at all, never mind jump to her commands when it's clearly at odds with humanity's best interests.

Spoiler

Since time seems to flow at a different rate in a fold fault (if my info is correct), then how much time has passed for  the  Megaroad -1?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, obakesan said:

crazy theory:

Hide contents

What if "Lady M" isn't a person but is actually the Megaroad-1 itself in some way. Either infused with AI as someone mentioned or some unknown protoculture tech. 

That'd raise the awkward question of "from where?".

The SDF-2 Megaroad-01 wasn't a remodeled alien starship like the SDF-1 Macross.  She was planned as a 100% human-made copy of the Macross-class and construction began on that premise, before the First Space War forced a change of plan that saw the partially-completed warship remodeled into a 100% human-made long-distance emigrant ship for the first long-distance emigrant fleet.  She wasn't hiding any surprises.

She disappeared just four years after launch without finding any inhabitable planets.

Spoiler

Having apparently never stopped anywhere in her brief four years of travel before disappearing, it's dubious she could have picked up any kind of Protoculture artefact.

The AI tech to create a self-aware, sentient artificial intelligence entered the prototype phase almost twenty years after the Megaroad-01's disappearance.  It'd have to be an AI that the Megaroad-01 crew somehow independently developed with exponentially less resources than what went into creating Sharon Apple.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That'd raise the awkward question of "from where?".

The SDF-2 Megaroad-01 wasn't a remodeled alien starship like the SDF-1 Macross.  She was planned as a 100% human-made copy of the Macross-class and construction began on that premise, before the First Space War forced a change of plan that saw the partially-completed warship remodeled into a 100% human-made long-distance emigrant ship for the first long-distance emigrant fleet.  She wasn't hiding any surprises.

She disappeared just four years after launch without finding any inhabitable planets.

Hide contents

Having apparently never stopped anywhere in her brief four years of travel before disappearing, it's dubious she could have picked up any kind of Protoculture artefact.

The AI tech to create a self-aware, sentient artificial intelligence entered the prototype phase almost twenty years after the Megaroad-01's disappearance.  It'd have to be an AI that the Megaroad-01 crew somehow independently developed with exponentially less resources than what went into creating Sharon Apple.

My thoughts on that:

Spoiler

It's entirely possible that they encountered something alien either just before or within the fold fault that ended up taking over the ship's computers, much like the nanites did in the ST:TNG episode Evolution (S03 E01). While admittedly doubtful, it would explain a few things.

Spoiler

It might even be possible they encounter said entity, which took control of the Megaroad and deliberately trapped them within the fold fault, but it's just half-baked speculation on my part...

Spoiler

(...and a few tacos from Taco Bell.  Misa was buying and asked all of us if we wanted anything. :D  )

Spoiler

Hikaru got himself a 3-layered burrito

Spoiler

Note: never fly with him after he's had Taco Bell! That boy could have cleared out an entire Zentradi MAIN FLEET after dinner! WHOO!!!

Spoiler
1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

It's entirely possible that they encountered something alien either just before or within the fold fault that ended up taking over the ship's computers, much like the nanites did in the ST:TNG episode Evolution (S03 E01). While admittedly doubtful, it would explain a few things.

All in all, I think we can/should probably resign ourselves to the fact that any future official explanation that's offered for the Megaroad-01's circumstances in the second Macross Delta movie will be at least as stupid and contrived as the circumstances themselves.

14 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:
  Hide contents

All in all, I think we can/should probably resign ourselves to the fact that any future official explanation that's offered for the Megaroad-01's circumstances in the second Macross Delta movie will be at least as stupid and contrived as the circumstances themselves.

Like the fact that there's no AAA that Misa could have called. :lol:

10 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Like the fact that there's no AAA that Misa could have called. :lol:

... actually, yes.

Spoiler

"Lady M" wields so much power and influence that she can direct the New UN Government to enact her decisions as law and manipulate the New UN Forces and PMCs of the galaxy, and that massive rebel movements rise up to end her oppression by force of arms... but she can't get anyone to build a ship with a zero-time fold system to come bust her *ss out of the fold fault her ship has been stuck in for half a century?

6 hours ago, obakesan said:

crazy theory:

Hide contents

What if "Lady M" isn't a person but is actually the Megaroad-1 itself in some way. Either infused with AI as someone mentioned or some unknown protoculture tech. 

Been there , done that.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Pure speculation on the scene...

Hide contents

Hide contents

lady_m.jpg.5ce40a98226999e528503ab6dadd6a31.jpg

Misa ? (with the captains hat, long hair? and pin skirt) and minmay ? (shorter, non-uniform i.e. dress)?

Lady M and M?:pardon:

Spoiler

Lady M or not, it's safe to guess that's who the two are in the picture since we know they are on that ship. 

54 minutes ago, Master Dex said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lady M or not, it's safe to guess that's who the two are in the picture since we know they are on that ship. 

heheh my inner fanboi got the better of me and i just got to say it to maybe believe it. or on the flip side it could be...

Spoiler

evil androids/robots killed the entire crew and then replicated them. 😅the next batch of macross antagonists....🤪

• 1 month later...

From the clues we got...

Spoiler

It was Lady M that gave the info about the Song of Stars and tasked Wright Immelman to steal back the Star Singer samples. It is said Lady M has been studying songs since the end of Space War 1. 

Which suggest to me the plate that had the song DYRL is real and the Song of Stars is the original Protoculture rendition. In Berger Stone's exposition Star Singers were on Altira. 

My guess along their journey Megaroad-01 encountered Protoculture stuff but ended up in some accident. After the Vajra War they managed to get communication with the outside relayed the information they got. But that info fell into the wrong hands. Sidney Hunt a NUN diplomat stole the Star Singer Singer samples. The info relayed is in regards to the Protoculture Ruin system which may be Megaroad-01's way out. Hence the creation of Mikumo. However Epsilon Foundation facilitating anti-UN groups misused that knowledge. 

While we know where the Megaroad-01 ship is we don't know what happned to the rest of the fleet. 

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

We are certainly led to believe , in that silhouette, it's two specific lady's.

And yes, where is the rest of the Megaroad fleet??

Five'll get you twenty they forgot the fleet exists.

44 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Five'll get you twenty they forgot the fleet exists.

Lol. You may be right. At this point, in what we've been shown, it's certainly of No importance to the writers. I can't imagine ,now, where they're going with the rest of that story line..

I think it best that they drop that thread and pursue  a new story within the Macross universe. There's plenty of avenues to explore, without going down that dead end alley and finding nothing but a dumpster fire .

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Lol. You may be right. At this point, in what we've been shown, it's certainly of No importance to the writers. I can't imagine ,now, where they're going with the rest of that story line..

I think it best that they drop that thread and pursue  a new story within the Macross universe. There's plenty of avenues to explore, without going down that dead end alley and finding nothing but a dumpster fire .

This is my private view on the matter:

Spoiler

I think its more to do with private shame than forgetfulness. They had so much trouble with SDFM-TV, between internal lawyer infighting in Japan, as well as HG's dishonorable conduct that the very idea of a return (regardless of what The Floating Head publicly says or claims) to post 2012 would never happen "as is". It would always look like either DYRL or 2012 (Never SDFM-TV)

Some of you will disagree but Baka! (Ya'll too stubborn to even consider it)...

16 minutes ago, TehPW said:
Spoiler

I think its more to do with private shame than forgetfulness. They had so much trouble with SDFM-TV, between internal lawyer infighting in Japan, as well as HG's dishonorable conduct that the very idea of a return (regardless of what The Floating Head publicly says or claims) to post 2012 would never happen "as is". It would always look like either DYRL or 2012 (Never SDFM-TV)

Some of you will disagree but Baka! (Ya'll too stubborn to even consider it)...

Spoiler

Eh... I'm not sure I'd say it's motivated by shame, unless that shame was an expression of dissatisfaction with how the original series turned out.

Macross's creators were already showing a pronounced preference for the more detailed and polished movie versions of the original designs years before any of the legal issues you're referring to emerged.  Flash Back 2012 used the movie version of the MacrossLovers Again based its setting on the movie's version of the original story, and both the TV anime Macross 7 and OVA Macross Plus retroactively replaced the TV designs with their movie counterparts.  The stylistic choice smacks of pure creator favoritism, not anything connected to the franchise's HG-induced and now resolved legal problems.  I think they just have a clear preference for the less dated designs they were able to put more time and care into.

The Megaroad-01 was a lazy throw-it-in in an attempt to get older fans into the theaters for Absolute Live!!!!!!.  No thought behind it, no deep creative intent, just a cheap effort to pull our heartstrings with the original cast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 10:07 PM, Seto Kaiba said:
  Hide contents

Eh... I'm not sure I'd say it's motivated by shame, unless that shame was an expression of dissatisfaction with how the original series turned out.

Macross's creators were already showing a pronounced preference for the more detailed and polished movie versions of the original designs years before any of the legal issues you're referring to emerged.  Flash Back 2012 used the movie version of the MacrossLovers Again based its setting on the movie's version of the original story, and both the TV anime Macross 7 and OVA Macross Plus retroactively replaced the TV designs with their movie counterparts.  The stylistic choice smacks of pure creator favoritism, not anything connected to the franchise's HG-induced and now resolved legal problems.  I think they just have a clear preference for the less dated designs they were able to put more time and care into.

The Megaroad-01 was a lazy throw-it-in in an attempt to get older fans into the theaters for Absolute Live!!!!!!.  No thought behind it, no deep creative intent, just a cheap effort to pull our heartstrings with the original cast.

Spoiler

Agreed; I think if they're going to involve the OG characters, they deserve better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... it's been forever since I watched Delta and only ever the TV series, no movies. Should I watch the movies or am I better off re-watching the series again (despite the second half being ever-so-slow AF since it was SUPPOSED to be a movie)? All this discussion of the Megaroad and Lady M has piqued my interest yet again. :D

19 minutes ago, RedWolf said:

The first movie is a retelling of the TV series. The second movie Macross Delta Zettai Live is a sequel to the first movie with a new plot post Windermerean war. The movie doesnanswer who Lady M is more on where Lady M is. 

Thank ya! I went ahead and watched the first movie anyways and yep, exactly what you said. Looking forward to new stuff in the second one. :good: