Jump to content

Life after Delta


Laundro
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 25/09/2016 at 7:15 AM, Laundro said:

Well ladies and gentlemen. Delta is finally done.

Any thoughts or ideas on what will keep those Walkure sales going without the show?

Maybe an OVA taken a few months later on Walkure doing a galactic tour or the members possibly retiring from Walkure and going solo?

I suspect the music will outlast the merchandise.  M7 had  a similar effect.  You don't see a huge demand for M7 toys and models now, compared to then, but you do see re-releases of FB albums and music.  Yes there was cool gear in MD, but the mecha were not the stars.  The stars and focus were the idol group and their music.  So I suspect that Bandai and the conglomerate of Macross merch peddlers will not see the same payday they did with Frontier.

Edited by Zinjo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wishlist for Delta movie:
1) Extended flashback where we get to see the Draken II predecessor in other modes
2) Extended flashback that includes glorious VF-22 action
3) Armor packs for VF-31 that get used for much awesomeness
4) Make each movie (if there is more than one) able to function as a standalone movie as much as possible. 
5) Ditch the doomed trip to Windermere, have Arad just tell a story about how cool old man Immelmann was in battle (great chance for that VF-22 and Draken II predecessor stuff I was looking for) and explain to Hayate how he disobeyed orders to reduce the magnitude of destruction. Let Mikumo be taken during a battle instead.
6) If you're going to have a special NUNs group show up, give them VF-25s to complement their 171s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On ‎2016‎/‎12‎/‎29 at 10:39 PM, Zinjo said:

I suspect the music will outlast the merchandise.  M7 had  a similar effect.  You don't see a huge demand for M7 toys and models now, compared to then, but you do see re-releases of FB albums and music.  Yes there was cool gear in MD, but the mecha were not the stars.  The stars and focus were the idol group and their music.  So I suspect that Bandai and the conglomerate of Macross merch peddlers will not see the same payday they did with Frontier.

Nor the payday they could see with an upgraded SDFM animation coupled with Merchandise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2016 at 10:15 PM, Laundro said:

Well ladies and gentlemen. Delta is finally done.

Any thoughts or ideas on what will keep those Walkure sales going without the show?

Maybe an OVA taken a few months later on Walkure doing a galactic tour or the members possibly retiring from Walkure and going solo?

Maybe it's time we followed the Star Wars formula of Rogue One?  You know something that happens between the established shows.

Maybe the development program of the current VF ala Macross Plus with the Draken being the competing VF and later stolen. :p 

Or maybe a movie about the resurgence of the Anti-U.N. faction and them being behind the the war.

 

Edited by grss1982
Grammar.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, grss1982 said:

Maybe it's time we followed the Star Wars formula of Rogue One?  You know something that happens between the established shows.

Maybe the development program of the current VF ala Macross Plus with the Draken being the competing VF and later stolen. :p 

Or maybe a movie about the resurgence of the Anti-U.N. faction and them being behind the the war.

 

I like this idea: it could be before Macross Plus, or right after SDF-Macross (Megaroad?) or even before Macross Frontier. Now, if new updated Valks is the whole reason to keep going forward, at some point I would like a series more about discovering the protoculture homeworld.....sort of like "this is their homeworld, but it has been overrun by X alien race"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jedi Dark Knight said:

I like this idea: it could be before Macross Plus, or right after SDF-Macross (Megaroad?) or even before Macross Frontier. Now, if new updated Valks is the whole reason to keep going forward, at some point I would like a series more about discovering the protoculture homeworld.....sort of like "this is their homeworld, but it has been overrun by X alien race"

We actually kind of already had that with, ironically, Macross 30: Voices Across the Galaxy and Macross Delta.

Uroboros was established in Macross 30 to be an ancient Protoculture stronghold, and it was abandoned and overrun by the Dyaus... though admittedly the Protoculture seems to have made the technorganic Dyaus specifically to (non-destructively?) infest the ruins of their settlements on Uroboros as a security measure to protect the systems maintaining the seal on the Fold Evil they'd buried and abandoned under the Madis glacier.

The worlds of the Brisingr globular cluster in Macross Delta are theorized, in-series, to be one of the last enclaves of the ancient Protoculture during the collapse of their civilization, which are now overrun by the sub-Protoculture species they created and then abandoned (e.g. humanity, the Ragnans, Voldorans, and Windermereans).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, grss1982 said:

Maybe it's time we followed the Star Wars formula of Rogue One?  You know something that happens between the established shows.

Maybe the development program of the current VF ala Macross Plus with the Draken being the competing VF and later stolen. :p 

Or maybe a movie about the resurgence of the Anti-U.N. faction and them being behind the the war.

 

Or maybe something completely different from Delta altogether. Something with more Zentraedi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Nah, Zentradi are all played out IMO, just like space bugs Vajura.

Time for something new I reckon.  I'd still liek to see more VF vs VF combat, just better done than in Delta.

 

Oh hell no, the Zentraedi have vast potential both as either antagonists or protagonists. Just look at how Klan and her Queadluun-Rhea spiced up Frontier.

Better VF combat has already been already done in Zero and Plus, so it wouldn't really be anything new.

A modern series showing Zentraedi troops, ships and mecha in major battles with another alien race would be something we haven't seen before.

Not that we'd ever be that lucky of course.:unsure:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Oh hell no, the Zentraedi have vast potential both as either antagonists or protagonists. Just look at how Klan and her Queadluun-Rhea spiced up Frontier.

Better VF combat has already been already done in Zero and Plus, so it wouldn't really be anything new.

A modern series showing Zentraedi troops, ships and mecha in major battles with another alien race would be something we haven't seen before.

Not that we'd ever be that lucky of course. :unsure:

Agreed that VF vs VF has been overplayed. I also think a Zentradi focus would be interesting. We haven't actually seen that much of life within the Zentradi fleet, especially not one that has been incorporated into NUNS. Macross II had a Zentradi specific VF and I think the current main Macross universe could play around with that idea as well (I know the YF-21/VF-22 has Queadluun heritage, but it doesn't really fit the bill).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...