Life after Delta

Laundro

hehe! I still haven't watched the last two eps.. I probably should make an effort and do so. Even if I know what happens..

Ya mon. Finish the series. 😉

And check it off your bucket list😆

Not many people loved the series but you know we're gonna buy the hell out of those DX's and 1/72's

Aintcha Spanner..well at least the DX's..🤔

yeah I'll definitely be buying em thats for sure! And I think for the next Macross series needs a departure from what they've done previously. Macross the ride would be pretty cool to see as a series. And it would be cool to see them release those unique variants as 1:60 toys!

I want them to have a great idea or just any idea. You know an actual story to tell. Then present it to an audience in a Macross style package.

Delta had no story. It was just a paint by numbers anime series and they couldn't even get that right. They need to have a story to tell.

One day we will get SDF Macross redone, a la Yamato 2199.

O M G........ Beyond amazing if it ever happens.

I was going to say exactly the same thing, but didn't think anyone would get it.

That would be awesome. Macross the First and those Pachinko animated shorts were heading towards the right direction, I just hope that there is enough interest in the old stuff to do something like Yamato 2199.

I still have to find some time to watch Mac D beyond the first 10 minutes,

I wish Kawamori would do a 3 or 4 parts movie compilation of 7.

Hopefully better edited than the last movie compilation.

Though really, I don't care for compilation movies. They smack of laziness and cheapery. Go all DYRL-style and remake 7 to fit inside, say, six hours. Seven is popular enough for a trilogy, right?

Hopefully better edited than the last movie compilation.

Though really, I don't care for compilation movies. They smack of laziness and cheapery. Go all DYRL-style and remake 7 to fit inside, say, six hours. Seven is popular enough for a trilogy, right?

They'd have to recast Mylene though, since her VA just retired. Though maybe they can get someone who sounds a bit closer to how Chie Kajiura sings. I always found that vocal disparity jarring. I figure doing something like you say could use reuse the music (god knows it still holds up). Maybe while they're at it they could throw in extra Fukuyama songs, or even use Re.Fire tracks for added variety.

All I know is any reworking of 7 needs one thing above all else: Gamlin Kick!

Why not new songs? Basara's always singing every opportunity he gets lol. (I guess I'm not overly impressed with the Delta songs, there are only a few songs I really like. I'm not really looking forward to hearing from them again aside from JUNNA.)

Why not new songs? Basara's always singing every opportunity he gets lol. (I guess I'm not overly impressed with the Delta songs, there are only a few songs I really like. I'm not really looking forward to hearing from them again aside from JUNNA.)

Because Basara needs to STFU and let Mylene sing!

In seriousness, I really like Basara's singing, but I also really like Mylene's singing and would love to hear Mylene-as-lead-vocal versions of the big Fire Bomber songs.

I wish Kawamori would do a 3 or 4 parts movie compilation of 7.

THIS. I think even a single movie would do if it was 3 hours of solid 7 action, not 90 minutes and much of it "framing".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on board for the whatever the "NEW" thing will be..I just don't think Kawamori is a fan of reboots and rehash of his old stories..Now Big West could be different but it will probably be with a new animation studio and set in an alternate universe..

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of reboots and rehashes. I'd love to see an OVA retelling Macross M3, just cuz I'd love to see all the valks from that era (VF-9, VF-5000, Variable Glaug!) with modern animation.

And on the general topic of life after Delta. I gotta give props to Delta cuz I've been rewatching Frontier and Delta has made it seem 10 times more awesome in comparison. The Valk battles alone are on another level, and they do a lot of cool things with the composition of the shots and stuff. And ironically I'm kind of curious to rewatch Delta for the additions it made to the universe/setting and for some of the cool stuff from the earlier episodes (Arad actually being effective in combat? Good times).

Edited by Raptor One

Speaking of reboots and rehashes. I'd love to see an OVA retelling Macross M3, just cuz I'd love to see all the valks from that era (VF-9, VF-5000, Variable Glaug!) with modern animation.

I tried to play through the game, but I'm not sure the actual playing has aged all the well, at least in comparison to the newer Macross ACE/Frontier/Utlimate games. The story is compelling though and this would be really cool.

There are two primary Walkure albums, Walkure Attack and Walkure Trap. Aside that there is some single releases but with the exception of variations of Giraffe Blues (such as Mikumo and Freyja solo versions, since the album version is both of them) the two albums cover pretty much everything seen in the show.

For the next series (if we get a next series that is) I was thinking that maybe they should aim towards a smaller scale conflict. Pretty much every Macross series has ended on a galactic scale and it's getting a little stale. In Delta I didn't really care whether or not Roid made the entire galaxy into one big hive mind. In Frontier all of a sudden the Vajra have to attack the whole galaxy because whatever. Perhaps make the next series about just one planet, make it about survival on a hostile world or something. Maybe even set it between SDFM and Mac+ to utilize the VF-4, 9 and 14 designs.

• 4 weeks later...

...or hire someone that likes to do 'war stories' and focus more on what this series makes great -- Valkyries.

They already focused on the girl/group/song/triangle theme this Delta, hope next time they just focus on the Valkyries. Just saying. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm not really salty about Macross Delta since they released Delta Scramble on the Vita. It had all the pertinent story and why settle for scissors yelling when you can do all the transforming robot fighting yourself in-game :p

I hope the next series is less about selling music and more about a story I can follow easily. Mac Delta just had so many characters and such a shallow dabbling on any character development or story that I could really care less. (though to be fair mac delta music has been sorta successful, both Walkure almbums already exceeded 100K sales each for "Gold Status")

Also, if you're gonna have a love triangle have it much less one-sided if at all :p

I also think I'm a big sucker for non-vocal instrumentals that were so great in Mac +, Mad F and even the original Macross and DYRL.

It gave those series much more of a space opera feel that I totally missed in Delta, which felt more like a mainstream idol show with some scissor fights thrown in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 10:19 AM, peter said:

I was going to say exactly the same thing, but didn't think anyone would get it.

That would be awesome. Macross the First and those Pachinko animated shorts were heading towards the right direction, I just hope that there is enough interest in the old stuff to do something like Yamato 2199.

I still have to find some time to watch Mac D beyond the first 10 minutes,

Yep, I thought the same myself. I saw your post, the impression Delta gave me was pretty much the same thing, I couldn't freaking believe what I was watching. You can watch the rest of it if you want, but I assure you, it won't get any better. I HATE Macross 7 with the bloodiest of passions, and it's still head and shoulders above Delta in my honest opinion.

A Yamato 2199 type redo of SDFM would be pretty great (though all the characters should stay unchanged, even if the changes in Yamato 2199 were actually good). 

I might be one of the few here that liked delta, even if it was a bit pedestrian compared to some of the others (SDFM and Plus being masterworks of the franchise).