Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 26 -Finale - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 26: Eternal Walküre  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( WALKURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ツ)_VV )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ("Eternal blunder" is more like it...)

so the one with followed destroid missile launch are called daedalus attack and the one without it called aether attack? why not firing aether cannon if there's no destroid in aether? affraid it might destroy aether?

"Because F U! Its macross delta! Thats why! " -Eric Cartman

so the cannon are only in hemera? aether dont have it? I though aether and hemera are the same type of ship

They look the same but I'm not sure they both have cannons. But in this episode the Hemera is blown off at the joint after it fires its cannon so Ernest then punches with the Aether.

Edited by Heron

My thoughts on the episode.

In terms of mech action, it's not too bad, and not even a single scissor in this episode. They blow through the space defenses in a minute or so... yes, it seems like most of Windermere military is just incompetent. It was a very good set of action sequence though. Down on the planet, there was hardly any real fighting before we went all "Klaatu Barada Nikto" Then on with the rest of the story. I still thought there was way too much talk in this episode compared to actual fighting. Contrast this with Frontier, I think ep 25 of Frontier outdoes the ending for Delta by leaps and bounds, both in terms of mech action and combat.

As far as the character is concerned, poor Mirage. But the ending is a twist, Freyja winning is a different thing from the other series. That marks this as a stand out. Very interesting. It gives us a resolution, albeit, not a great one since we know what'll happen to Freyja in 15 years.... But hey, everyone dies eventually right.

A couple of funny things:

1. Bogue's change of mind. I guess in a way, that was developing over time... but nice to see a resolution there. May be he won't be death to Walkure afterwards

2. So, isn't it a major animation error that with the naked AKs, they forgot Cassim? ha ha ha ha.

On a stand alone basis, I'll give this episode a thumbs up.

The songs in the end was not that great, I was hoping for Ikenai Borderline one more time, but no such luck.

Over Disappointments in the ending:

- Chuck lived

- Herman lived

- Marianne lived

- Bogue was not made head of AK

- Ketchup boy lived

- No Berger

Highlights:

-Umineko lived, still opportunity to turn him into umineko-man

Somewhere in the Pantheon of Macross villians, Roid shows up, and says: I'm here, and I almost conquered the galaxy, I'm just like Grace O'Connor. Then Kamjin steps up... "I know Grace O'Connor, Roid whateveryourlastnameis, you're no Grace O'Connor."

One last thought, it was ironic that Mikumo was no longer in bondage, but her singing put everyone else in so called bondage. I wonder what is with this bondage fetish with the writers.

Edited by kalvasflam

They look the same but I'm not sure they both have cannons. But in this episode the Hemera is blown off at the joint after it fires its cannon so Ernest then punches with the Aether.

haven't seen the episode yet,.but if the joint are destroyed, why not release hemera from elysion? so this means hemera cannon are powered by elysion main reactor not by hemera own reactor.

This sucked. This whole series was as big of a disappointment as I felt when they teased us with the first episode back in December and I totally called it. They just rinsed and repeated so many elements I've hated since Macross Zero. I may never trust Kawamori with his work ever again.

Here is a screen grab. You can see the Hemera falling away.

haven't seen the episode yet,.but if the joint are destroyed, why not release hemera from elysion? so this means hemera cannon are powered by elysion main reactor not by hemera own reactor.

nc7D8wy.jpg

The good: They didn't cop out with resolving the triangle and the guy delivered a proper confession and got a proper non ambiguous romantic ending. And it's refreshing that the young girl actually won vs. the mature one.

The bad: This episode came too late and felt too rushed.

The ugly: Bogue survived as did most of the Knights. Worst Macross antagonist ever.

The good: They didn't cop out with resolving the triangle and the guy delivered a proper confession and got a proper non ambiguous romantic ending. And it's refreshing that the young girl actually won vs. the mature one.

The bad: This episode came too late and felt too rushed.

The ugly: Bogue survived as did most of the Knights. Worst Macross antagonist ever.

But the middle aged one won. Freja is effectively the oldest non windemeran member of the cast.

Whatever surprises, reveals or expectations you had for the finale should be kept very low.

Since Spoilers are not required this time around, those of you wishing, hoping, praying for a Armored VF-31....... Nope!!!

This is an interesting side effect of having the arms outboard of the legs, though. (Spoiler tag for size.)

SXMAhcH.jpg

I want to see a VF-31 loadout that has three (or even four) large cannons on it, since it should be possible.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

I'm satisfied. Admittedly, my bar for this show wasn't as high as many of your's.

I actually think that very few Windermereans being defeated in combat speaks to the fact that they have superior reflexes and that when they are experienced pilots, it takes a Windermerean to defeat another. That, and or heart failure.

I still need to see it with subs as I know maybe 10 words of Nihongo apart from Utada no Kaze.

- we didn't get a cheap Lady M scene - because it leaves it for a bigger movie reveal !

- Freya is still alive and kickin'

- Marianne is on the mend

- Roid's glasses are now state property

- Armory-things on VF-31's

- White Drakens

- Draken's with swords - holy crap!!!

- Kumo-kumo breaking her bonds - I see some obvious parallels with Wonder Woman's susceptibility to being tied down by men here, which I find interesting.

Dislikes:

- celestial nudity

- electric mental tentacles when combined with so much nakedness - umm, I didn't need it to be that kind of show

- lack of announcement for further series or movie

In the end, I think the series was true to itself. It may not have been the show many wanted, but I'm happy with it added to the Macross library and can wait till the next volume.

Glad this trainwreck is over, did not like it at all

Talking......NAKED....head episode

I have a very long list of everything wrong with this finale I was midway trought but deleted and just decided to sum it up here.... 'effing stupid., everything!!

Altought the mecha action was mildly entertaining, it was mediocre at best.

Where they 'effing sword *methaphorically dick* fighting ??'

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcarm Glad Bandai can now sell the regular VF-1J and then the VF-1J Grim Reaper, regular SV-154 and evil white SV-154, regular Mikumo and bondage Mikumo, regular Elysium and DYRL style damaged sitting out Elysium. /end sarcasm

Edited by Valkyrie addict

This is an interesting side effect of having the arms outboard of the legs, though. (Spoiler tag for size.)

SXMAhcH.jpg

I want to see a VF-31 loadout that has three (or even four) large cannons on it, since it should be possible.

All the bitching about VF-31 not carrying as much ordinance as VF-25... and we see those two hardpoints are reinforced for heavy loads and multiple racks.

Going in with no expectations should at least make the action enjoyable I guess.

Still.. you can't even call this a triangle. The angle's so close to zero, it's like a toothpick with Hayate and Freyja hugging on one tip while Mirage sulks at the other end.

I would've preferred it staying unresolved to such a one-sided and depressing ending.

Edited by Chronocidal