Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 26 -Finale - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 26: Eternal Walküre  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( WALKURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ツ)_VV )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ("Eternal blunder" is more like it...)

RU equipment sometimes is better than NATO one, too.

Anyway welcome i'm also french,a movie was thought before the show started, but nobody knows now. We are "all" waiting for confirmation.

I'm not so sure about it though...

:p

Edited by asukamaru

I have a feeling that one of two things happened to cause the series' failure:

1) Kawamori's hands were tied by the Big West execs and had no room to come up with something decent.

2) He's gotten old and senile

3) He phoned in the second cour because he was working on his new series already.

Edited by Zinjo

Unless he wants to square off with HG

You know, I do wish the inclusion of the Megaroad would be the opening salvo in that fight and that, essentially, it would lead to more content featuring those characters.

As I posted in the "What do you want in Delta Movies" thread, I want more and there so many directions that it can go, but before I get all ashy and flaky, I want to see the holy trinity again.

RU equipment sometimes is better than NATO one, too.

In Macross, it is. It is no secret a lot of VFs have "Flanker" influences, both VFs and SVs, as Kawamori dislikes the dull lines of stealth fighters. That said, VF-17 inspiration is obvious, YF-21 have some YF-23 reminiscences and some lines in VF-5000 "Star Mirage" may look somewhat like the F-22 derived X-44 Manta.

Unfortunately, for me, Kawamori likes X-29 and S-37 Berkut lookalikes. Only one I don't puke at is VF-9.

Edited by Aries Turner

You know, I do wish the inclusion of the Megaroad would be the opening salvo in that fight and that, essentially, it would lead to more content featuring those characters.

As I posted in the "What do you want in Delta Movies" thread, I want more and there so many directions that it can go, but before I get all ashy and flaky, I want to see the holy trinity again.

Well I am curious if and how Mikimoto would update the characters. As for "that fight", all the IP belongs to Big West, that is settled. If Big West wants the international franchise back, they can simply sue to get the copyrights and trademarks that HG eroneously registered taken away. There is nothing they can do about the animation and merch rights to SDFM, that is already settled.

In Macross, it is. It is no secret a lot of VFs have "Flanker" influences, both VFs and SVs, as Kawamori dislikes the dull lines of stealth fighters. That said, VF-17 inspiration is obvious, YF-21 have some YF-23 reminiscences and some lines in VF-5000 "Star Mirage" may look somewhat like the F-22 derived X-44 Manta.

Unfortunately, for me, Kawamori likes X-29 and S-37 Berkut lookalikes. Only one I don't puke at is VF-9.

Well you might in your mouth considering it's battroid mode is FUGLY! :angry:

Design aesthetics aside, each group of aircraft have their flaws. I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest as to who's compensator is better than who's. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

Design aesthetics aside, each group of aircraft have their flaws. I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest as to who's compensator is better than who's. :rolleyes:

I didn't take anything personal: I just made a point. I could have nitpicked about chinese equipment but one post was more than enough.

Back to business, VF-9 may or may not be ugly. I don't pretend VF-19 or YF-29 to be ugly for everyone: just for me. What I like about the VF-9 battroid is exactly that it does not pretend to look hero-like (had real world reasons for that, as it wasn't even thought for Macross). Also, its method for protecting the cockpit is quite original. A nightmare for a toy, but quite an efficient use of resources in-universe. That is the beauty of the VF-9, and I like it for that.

I didn't take anything personal: I just made a point. I could have nitpicked about chinese equipment but one post was more than enough.

Back to business, VF-9 may or may not be ugly. I don't pretend VF-19 or YF-29 to be ugly for everyone: just for me. What I like about the VF-9 battroid is exactly that it does not pretend to look hero-like (had real world reasons for that, as it wasn't even thought for Macross). Also, its method for protecting the cockpit is quite original. A nightmare for a toy, but quite an efficient use of resources in-universe. That is the beauty of the VF-9, and I like it for that.

My biggest complaint about it is the afterthought transformation process that would be lethal in a hairy dogfight situation. It simply not an efficient method IMO and would expose the pilot to unusual peril every time they transformed. As a fighter it is gorgeous.

Edited by Zinjo

My biggest complaint about it is the afterthought transformation process that would be lethal in a hairy dogfight situation. It simply not an efficient method IMO and would expose the pilot to unusual peril every time they transformed. As a fighter it is gorgeous.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seen its transformation sequence.

smh

I'm pretty somewhat familiar with the VF-9's transformation process but I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to here. Care to elaborate?

Edited by Raptor One

VF-9:

To the Macross Mecha Manual and the color-coded transformation guide! (Waves at Chad.)

My two cents: It does give more protection to the pilot in the event of a non-crippling chest hit, but it does so by putting a flying surface in harm's way. It would be inconvenient to lose a wing while blocking a hit, transform out of Battroid... and either tumble out of the sky because the wing fell off, or be stuck in Battroid because the wing is now permanently fused to the torso.

It's also moving the wingtips really far every time it has to transform to Battroid. I'll give the design credit for turning the wings into something other than borderline kibble the way they are on many other VFs, but it's a lot of extra movement.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

I do not understand what the issue with this final episode really was. It was fine ending. The twelve episode leadup was difficult to watch but I think people are allowing that to cloud their judgement of the final episode, which on it's own is a fine episode. And the conclusion is fine as well.

The whole series could easily be summed up, and fixed, in two movies. Certainly they wasted opportunities and it's confusing just what the hell happened, but this episode was fine.

Also, Freya already has scales forming so she ain't living another fifteen years. Hayate could fly off with her for five/seven years then come back for Mirage and he'd still be in his twenties.

Edited by Mommar

In terms of the series, this was a decent ending. It didn't fix the mess of the last ten episodes, but it brought resolution to the main points of the plot.

Hayate and Frejya make sense and them together is an earned conclusion that I'm happy with. I'm really disappointed that Mirage got sidelined as much as she did through the series, but I'm also pretty happy with her seeing Hayate as more of a brother/friend/partner than a lover.

Delta took the Lost approach on its main mysteries, and that's frustrating, but I'm very relieved that we didn't have a last minute Lady M ass-pull cameo. At this point in the series, that would've been a much bigger disappointment than leaving it unresolved.

The action was fairly low key, but I actually don't mind that. A big fleet battle with wall to wall dogfights would've felt like too much of a retread of Frontier. Since they took the hive mind aspect already, I'm glad they kept the focus on the character growth for what won the day. The Elysion looked good doing its thing and the action that we got was fun.

Bogue being pissed off that he had to help Walkure was funny and fit nicely. It actually made me respect him a bit more (not a lot, but some) that he followed orders despite his personal feelings. I would have liked to get a Hermann/Mirage interaction to complete that circle (which started all the way back in the asteroid battle of episode 6), but you can't have everything.

Does Delta go down as a success? Debatable. The missed opportunities in the story are pretty glaring and frustrating. That said, there were an awful lot of things it did really well (at least, most of the time). Frontier was a better story, but Delta has better characters and is an interesting departure from the Macross formula. Maybe too much of a departure, but I won't fault it for trying. A DYRL style retelling that trims out the exposition and brings Mirage out of the shadows would make this a damn good tale.

Edited by guyxxed

Not happy at all with this series! Lacked emotional fortitude!

In the flashback scenes, is this the crew from Megaroad? is that Misa And Hikaru? No Minmay?! They are wanting to show Minmay again but aren't shure how to reintroduce her. Rember the TV series for frontier the Zentradi that was playing with the trains had a picture of her inside of a locket. But she never was shown in any of the Frontier movies.

post-2399-0-94844000-1474986107_thumb.jpg

What a disappointing series overall. It had so much promise in the beginning, yet it resorted to fillers and plot dumps halfway. Furthermore, it suffers from having just too many characters. As a result, the final episode was a completely forced ending that merely rips off every Macross ending.

Overall, here's how it ranks on my list:

1. Macross Plus (1994)

2. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982)

3. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love (1984) / Flash Back 2012 (1986)

4. Macross Frontier (2008)

5. Macross Frontier Movie Duology (2009/2011)

6. Macross Zero (2002)

7. Macross 7 (1995)

8. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers Again (1992)

9. Macross Delta (2016)

10. Macross Dynamite 7 (1997)

Warning strong salt in this one.

Wrote that while watching.

How did they feel Mikumo anguish at the begining?

Why half the episode is about people being naked in space Gundam like?

Traitor? Having a plan? All this exposition for a half baked remake of Frontier ending?

Music is a weapon, except when its used by the heroes...

Macross Seven is leagues above this show.

A sword... When i watch Macross i don't watch Gundam again. I like some Gundams but not to much in my Macross. Sorry.

The first fight in the debris field, with the arrival on Ragna was ok. Lets say the actions scenes were effective to wake me up. Some nice shots.

Love saves they day

Keith and Royd die, ok? Ceasefire, how so? Lets go back home with a smile... O_o'

Marianne is alive, what a secondary plot, at least it has ended.

Freyia won the lotterie.

Mirage character arc ended, she can pilot, she loves Hayate because of piloting, she loves piloting more than Hayate.

Hayate character arc... Huumm yeah...what was it again?

At least it has ended...

Thanks Burger in Heaven, no revelation about Megaroad and M.

What about Burger? Ahuummm... The guy that stole the show the past episodes?

Its not good.

The few actions scenes on this episode do not erase the memory of talking heads and the story being stopped for 10 episodes.

Its not good.

Music is forgetable,Ikenai Borderline being my favorite, studio version, and im nice public.

Its not good.

Useless and flat secondary characters, deus ex everywhere, predictable "plots".

Its not good.

No tension, no emotion.

My biggest problem are definitively the story and characters ...

Im starting to believe it was handled so badly because the script was a mess to begin with (or began a mess? Was there a script?).

Can't wait for strike witches this fall :D

Edited by asukamaru

So the real Lady M was Love all along...

EDIT: I'm sorry, I've been corrected. Lady M was really baby Mirage, which clears things up. I didn't understand what the glasses fellow meant by time becoming an eternity, but if time itself collapsed then I guess that explains it!

Edited by Bryan Cranston