Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

I still haven't received any of my 4 orders I placed yet. Three of the orders have been sitting at customs in Chicago since the 16th, and my officer IJ hasn't hit the US yet. 

17 hours ago, Crimson9 said:

I still haven't received any of my 4 orders I placed yet. Three of the orders have been sitting at customs in Chicago since the 16th, and my officer IJ hasn't hit the US yet. 

That sucks the balls..

My luck with them has been pretty good.. less then 10 days after placing the order.

But on the flip side.. I send things frequently to Germany and sometimes it goes through super quick.. and others like now  I have a package sitting in customs clearance for more then 3 weeks.. so win some and lose some.

On 2/24/2018 at 2:06 AM, sh9000 said:

892725AB-77FF-4921-8822-0186EC557FAE.thumb.jpeg.bc107e2bb176c528d257b246b35a3052.jpeg

I'm in too. Esp if they will make 'Rick Hunter'. Though I would prefer if it's the DYRL Concert versions. ^_^ I know, I know, rights and all. But one can dream, right? ;)

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

Instabuy...thanks for posting!  Ditto on the Zentradi figs....

1/12 VF-1 cockpit in our future?

latest?cb=20100419205208

Hey JVM! Do you want those cockpit to come up with lights and speakers too? ^_^

26 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Toynami has done it again. Pic found by MW member Darotower. My eyes bleed from these abominations

To be fair, these are way more accurate to the source material than perhaps we'd like to think.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a Minmay figure based on her Macross the First design. Because... reasons.

And apparently no love for elbows either. :lol:  Hope they're not planning on any sort of cockpit poses.

On the other hand though, I have to seriously question their intended market here.  Is Robotech still on the air somewhere, and do they expect kids to watch it, and want to buy things like these?  Or are they actually targeting these at some fanatical branch of collectors that will buy any Robotech product no matter what the quality is like?

Edited by Chronocidal

14 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

To be fair, these are way more accurate to the source material than perhaps we'd like to think.

Huh?  Are you referring to the original Haruhiko Mikimoto Character lineart?  I don't see how you can even compare those Toynami monstrocities to Mikimoto's original Macross character designs.

As for the KitzConcept Minmay....they seem to be going with the Macross Fever look, which is good......no idea what they are using for reference on the Toynami figs....seriously, why even release them when those KC figs are also being teased.....

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Huh?  Are you referring to the original Haruhiko Mikimoto Character lineart?  I don't see how you can even compare those Toynami monstrocities to Mikimoto's original Macross character designs.

No, the show art. The only lineart I've seen of any SDFM are for the mecha. Can HG et al even USE design sketches?

Apart from Max looking like Harry Potter, at least they look better than this

1994.jpg

Still, I’d think that recycled corn from a goose, held together with Amy Schumer’s period blood would look better.

21 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

No, the show art. The only lineart I've seen of any SDFM are for the mecha. Can HG et al even USE design sketches?

Oh...OK...you mean the worst of the actual drawings used in the cel animation....

HG licenses out the original character and mecha designs every now and then to someone that wants to publish a collection of it...think there is a book out now..but you'd be better off just finding an old original Japanese Macross reference book....

Anyway, no one seems to ever "try" and capture the look of the original SDFM character art designs...at least no one so far....KC did a good job though on their Minmay, even though they seem to be using the Macross Fever designs instead of the original Mikimoto....I guess they are a hybrid of the old and new styles....sort of a merging of SDFM and MFrontier character styles....at least to my eyes...

gallery_12176_600_41222.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Lovely. :wub:

Fever is still Mikimoto designs, yes?

They are definitely Mikimoto-inspired....but not his designs....I think they were drawn by a Satelight artist...but not 100% sure...

I think a repost of some Macross Fever animation clips is in order!

31 minutes ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

Hmm,  have there ever been any figures or model kits that actually captured the look of any of the original characters? 

Well....I suppose if you want to include kits or statues....there were those ARII releases from the...90's?

And one Yellow Submarine Minmay in Chinese dress....

But all of them are a matter of opinion on how well they captured Mikimoto's original drawings

True.  I like what Popbox was able to do with the Hikaru sculpt and the Roy and Max busts were also decent. There have been a ton of Minmay toys and kits but only a few come close to capturing the likeness of the original design. The CM's are nice but are so small. I would love to see good sculpts after all these years.

5 hours ago, DarkArchon3000 said:

Hmm,  have there ever been any figures or model kits that actually captured the look of any of the original characters? 

Plamax 1/20 model kits are pretty decent (EDIT: they also have kits of the members of Walkure, too):

8d7ffedf90e0e4b06379174101fabcc0.jpgcc41574885f701909f1dc53aadd44782.jpg

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5574/PLAMAX+MF+04+minimum+factory+Lynn+Minmay+Do+You+Remember+Love+Ver.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6669/PLAMAX+MF+20+minimum+factory+Lynn+Minmay+Chinese+Dress+Ver.html

Edited by kajnrig