Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

Toynami's look way way off except Roy and Millia just a touch off, rest are WTF.  

Kitz concept Minmay looks pretty good but why that outfit instead of a more iconic one?   

Minfactory 1/20 look good,  a little "updated" artwise but gets the Feel of the original art pretty much there 

Those Toynami figures are horrible..  how does stuff like this pass anyone's standards? 

And the Robotech Comic makes me want to gouge my eyes out..  what has been seen cannot be unseen.. gah

@Mechapilot77 Minmay's outfit is predominantly seen in the SDF Macross TV series and is what worn during her "big" moment in the TV series.   As I mentioned previously I have the ARII version of her in this outfit.. and it's a Good Figure especially considering the time period when it was released and the overall quality of figures coming out at that time.

I as well would prefer the DYRL stage outfit...  

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

As more of a fan of SDFM than DYRL....one of the good things about the KC Robotech license is their apparent requirement to stick with SDFM designs.....personally, I'm bored of just getting Minmay in her DYRL outfit...or DYRL pilots....

What happened with the 1/6 SDFM TV pilot figs....haven't seen any new pics in a while

22 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

And apparently no love for elbows either. :lol:  Hope they're not planning on any sort of cockpit poses.

On the other hand though, I have to seriously question their intended market here.  Is Robotech still on the air somewhere, and do they expect kids to watch it, and want to buy things like these?  Or are they actually targeting these at some fanatical branch of collectors that will buy any Robotech product no matter what the quality is like?

They're clearly trying to tap the nastalgia market but homaging the visual style of the original 1980's figure line:

FigRickHunterLoose1a.jpg

As for the KC Minmei, she kind of looks like a KO figma, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

So...did Toynami have a falling out with Oritoy and had to hastily make these pilot figures in house? Because the ones shown at 2016 Toy Fair are clearly different and full of joints and, well, actually look like they were designed by professionals. 

551333C8-A208-4B4A-AAA2-2A2A920289BE.thumb.jpeg.2f7219ef84a5596ec9216529152e4956.jpeg

THAT SAID...I will probably still buy them because I’ve wanted pilot figures for so long and they are cheap. Hopefully the lipstick thing will be less noticeable in person.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:52 PM, anime52k8 said:

They're clearly trying to tap the nastalgia market but homaging the visual style of the original 1980's figure line:

FigRickHunterLoose1a.jpg

As for the KC Minmei, she kind of looks like a KO figma, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

I have no idea if that typo/misspelling was a simple mistake or intentional, but damn, given the context of what you're referencing, it's absolutely, hilariously brilliant.:good::rofl:

Nastalgia:  Noun -- A penchant for desiring something from the past that is universally recognized as utter crap.  A lack of good taste in anything considered vintage so long as what it depicts is something from a fondly held memory.  Love of bad stuff from one's youth.  Nasty nostalgia.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, eriku said:

So...did Toynami have a falling out with Oritoy and had to hastily make these pilot figures in house? Because the ones shown at 2016 Toy Fair are clearly different and full of joints and, well, actually look like they were designed by professionals. 

551333C8-A208-4B4A-AAA2-2A2A920289BE.thumb.jpeg.2f7219ef84a5596ec9216529152e4956.jpeg

THAT SAID...I will probably still buy them because I’ve wanted pilot figures for so long and they are cheap. Hopefully the lipstick thing will be less noticeable in person.

Man, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that Hikarick sculpt. It looks all macho and confident.

Seriously, though... they should get someone that watched the show to pose these things. That pose is more appropriate to Focker than Hikaru.

We discussed previously that they also painted the hair wrong, Rick has Roy's hair and vice-versa. The person who posed them was probably just trying to get them to stand and the backward lean is inadvertent. It's like all the times we see mistransformed mecha on display... the booth person is just a booth person. 

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I know the promo pic says "Robotech" and "Harmony Gold"....but all I see is Hikaru Ichijyo!  :good:

+1  :good:

It's about time that some company do a good versions of this characters. I'm tired of waiting for other companies like Bandai to do this with all these rights and licenses going on. Atleast there's a company who wants to do it correctly design-wise rather than just make another pickle or something. ^_^ 

The solo 1/6 Rick Hunter figure that was announced last year might be a vaporware now or something since there's no update if it's going to get released. But atleast with 1/12 scale, they're more manageable. Besides, I'm not a completionist anymore so I'll just stick to what I want -- Hikar, err, Rick Hunter and Minmay, and probably Roy figure too. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

It's a nice prototype. I hope the final version adds some waist articulation and toe bends, and I'm curious about how those hips will work. I  would like to be able to do more than just a static standing pose, if I were to buy into this line.

Also:

• Fully possible articulation?
  • High guality decoration?

Someone forgot to read/edit the brochure. :p:lol:

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

+1  :good:

It's about time that some company do a good versions of this characters. I'm tired of waiting for other companies like Bandai to do this with all these rights and licenses going on. Atleast there's a company who wants to do it correctly design-wise rather than just make another pickle or something. ^_^ 

The solo 1/6 Rick Hunter figure that was announced last year might be a vaporware now or something since there's no update if it's going to get released. But atleast with 1/12 scale, they're more manageable. Besides, I'm not a completionist anymore so I'll just stick to what I want -- Hikar, err, Rick Hunter and Minmay, and probably Roy figure too. ;) 

Funny...because I was thinking more or less the same thing when I saw that KC SDFM Hikaru......been a long time coming....like I mentioned in another post.....the good thing about the KC offerings is that they are restricted (perhaps initially?) to the original SDFM characters and mechs.....imagine when they get to the DYRL stuff at that 1/12 or 1/6 scale.....tears of joy will flow...

BTW....curiosity got the best of me...and the price didn't help.....so I ordered one of the SD VF-1's...went with the VF-1A Soldier Type with the FP......I have to say they look alot better in person and the quality is not bad.....if the 1/72 VF-1's they are releasing are just as good..or better....I will definitely be supporting KC's Macross efforts.....well, except those 1/6 scale bluetooth speakers.....I'll just have to wait for the 1/12 versions! ;)

Oh and I ordered the pull-back mini Minmays....so guess you can call me a KC supporter already! 

The KC 6” SDFM figures will be around $50.  Minmei is scheduled to be released in May and Rick is scheduled for August.  I’m planning on buying all of the characters that they release.

^ I read ya; but to be fair, Figmas and Figuarts and Mafex are also around that price point.  Ordinarily, $15-$25 would be far more reasonable for 1/10-1/12 articulated figures, but limited production volumes and licensing costs, etc., play major factors in the final retail price.

Any word on when the Kitz Concept figures are launching, and which figures will be produced?  I'm gathering a $50 price point, but looking online, I'm finding nothing about them.

I might still get the toynami 4.25" figures, as they will be rather cheap in comparison, even if the faces are pretty bad.

48 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Any word on when the Kitz Concept figures are launching, and which figures will be produced?  I'm gathering a $50 price point, but looking online, I'm finding nothing about them.

I might still get the toynami 4.25" figures, as they will be rather cheap in comparison, even if the faces are pretty bad.

:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, jenius said:

Cool, that does look pretty good. Does Rick come with a sniper rifle?

8812D0FA-E2AE-439B-B9D8-5FD8F425AFCB.jpeg.1a253ffdf5a16379b5972113a3f8809e.jpeg

Looks like he comes with 2 guns and I think one of them is this one.

43 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Minmei in May and Rick in August.  KC said that if Minmei sells well then there will be more from SDFM. They also are planning characters from all 3 chapters if sales are good.

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I'm all in on that 1/12 line if it turns out not to be vaporware. That rick looks GOOD. Haters gonna hate. Give me the whole SDF cast. I'm down. 

Yeah I want the whole cast too.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

76C1BE95-23F0-433B-A483-3B84612EFB8F.jpeg.cd87c6a0cb5a8fce1ecd648794e54d5b.jpeg

AB8E6103-EA51-428E-AFB0-7E587EDFF67B.jpeg.803f57ab3fb04b650cb1b7fda77e0a73.jpeg

Rick comes with his helmet.  Both figures have a good amount of accessories.

Thanks for posting....all in on this figure line....

Nice rifle....

latest?cb=20140818112215

....but maybe the gun would have been better considering his flight uniform....or why not both?

gallery_12176_640_58724.jpg

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

8812D0FA-E2AE-439B-B9D8-5FD8F425AFCB.jpeg.1a253ffdf5a16379b5972113a3f8809e.jpeg

Looks like he comes with 2 guns and I think one of them is this one.

LOL....where's the second gun?

*edit* I think I see it now....weird angle......also like the minmay doll accessory.......KC's stock is rising!  All they need to do now is fix all of the issues with their 1/2000 TV SDF-1....do that and all will be forgiven! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross