Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this. I recently bought the Max Mirya set directly From Kitz' webpage ($88 shipped for both) and gotta say. For the money these are really great. If you dig SD like I do they're a must have. ESP on sale. 

IMG_4866.JPG

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Great price on that set! I've been waiting on the GBP since I got my Rick. SD + GBP seems like full win, especially since I think battloid is where these toys do best.

Agreed. I'm impressed with these things. Especially since they started out as unlicensed 3rd party toys. I was expecting Joke Machine sized toys. These are big and heavy. Look great with the Mastermade Makuros. 

1/72 scale works fine for me, if anyone has a Bandai model knows it’s a decent size for something like this. Sculpt looks decent, lots of detail I wouldn’t of expect to see. So this is a maybe for me mainly cause I’m broke as always.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Curious though. Does Robotech figures only limited to the Macross TV series and not the DYRL movie, correct? 

Harmony Gold is known to have obtained the merchandising rights to Macross: Do You Remember Love? from Tatsunoko in the early 2000s.  Apart from reselling a few Macross-branded items from Japan pre-2008, IIRC the only thing they ever used those rights for was to do a single convention-exclusive "stealth" VF-1 w/ Strike Pack that a blatant knockoff of Yamato's 25th Anniversary VF-1S and include the Strike Pack in Toynami's short-lived 1:100 line.

Mostly, they got the license to deny it to anyone else.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

28 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Harmony Gold is known to have obtained the merchandising rights to Macross: Do You Remember Love? from Tatsunoko in the early 2000s.  Apart from reselling a few Macross-branded items from Japan pre-2008, IIRC the only thing they ever used those rights for was to do a single convention-exclusive "stealth" VF-1 w/ Strike Pack that a blatant knockoff of Yamato's 25th Anniversary VF-1S and include the Strike Pack in Toynami's short-lived 1:100 line.

Thanks Seto. I just asked because from what I've been seeing as far as Robotech figure goes, they only do the TV series one. So I'm curious if KitzConcept will somehow do VF-1 Valks from the DYRL. Because if I'm going to grab one of this for worktable display, I rather get a Hikaru VF-1S.

55 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It wasn't a knock off, that was just what Yamato fan boys cried. It's actually a far superior paint scheme to Yamato's and I am no Toynami fan boy. To be clear, Yamato had an awful straight Black and gold release and a passable Black and gray release. The Toynami you are referencing is dark blue with completely unique trim applications. We can't just go saying "it's dark, it's a rip off" in a toy industry that sells tiny changes in trim bits as "unique".

Toynami used the DYRL rights quite a bit for the 1/100 line and also their super poseables and even their vinyl Regults.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Toynami used the DYRL rights quite a bit for the 1/100 line and also their super poseables and even their vinyl Regults.

Ok. So that means, KitzConcept along with HG can produce a Hikaru VF-1S in this light-up 1/72 scale in the future if it's premitted. Thanks Jenius.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I do like fully artocilated toys.

I will be buying one. If I can have seventy thousand different Optimus Primes in the house I can have ten thousand different VF-1 toys. And I really like my SD VF-1S Fokker from kitzconcept so I expect this to be an equally good or better figure. 

7164B457-1CCF-46FC-8363-5BFAE4B8D14A.jpeg

Edited by eriku
Reasons

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I took a chance on this one..

I picked up the Hikaru/Max/Kakazaki combo set and the Max/Millia Super set both on the sale pricing.

Also took a chance on the 1/72 Fokker 1S.  

Did they make a Fokker 1S SD valk?

Yes they did. It was released last 2016.

R0IzO4o.jpg 

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Boo, no super packs?  I might have grabbed one if they had those included, otherwise that's more than I paid for most of my 1/60ths.

I'm rather amused that HLJ carries it in the first place though.

I'm wondering if they're gonna release the super packs and armor set separately or if they're repack the Veritech with them

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Why is it so much more expensive at HLJ?

Possibly because you'll be sort of double-importing it?  Since it's actually made for distribution in places where HG still holds the Macross license hostage, HLJ is probably already paying import fees to get it.  It'd probably be cheaper direct from the source.

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I ended up picking up the Roy VF-1S w/fast packs from BBTS..  these guys will make excellent toppers to my SDF Macross Pachislo Machine!

You're talking about the SD right? I have one in my pile of loot right now. That sounds like a good usage. I almost wish they were smaller, I think I could come up with more uses for them that way.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

You're talking about the SD right? I have one in my pile of loot right now. That sounds like a good usage. I almost wish they were smaller, I think I could come up with more uses for them that way.

Yep,  Sorry should have been more specific.. though I did pre-order the 1/72 one as well directly from Kitz Concepts website.. 

I'm waiting on the GBP armor release now.. :)

I picked up the Super VF-1S for a pretty good price mainly because I was curious. All in all the quality is pretty good. I prefer the non-light up head to the one with the LED in it. The effects look pretty cool if a bit glossy. I will say that I don't really trust the stand with the super and effects parts attached. Feels kind of wobbly and top heavy given the weight of the toy. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just an observation. I was actually surprised by the size of it. When was the last time you bought a toy and when it arrived it was larger than you thought it would be. All in all pretty happy.

I wish they'd still had the VF-1S on sale, as it would have been my preference; however, in the interest of changing things up and getting a VF-1 in a color scheme I don't own, I went with the Max Sterling. I like how the FAST Packs are two-toned- nice touch. Anyway, for anyone on the fence, Kitz Concept has their SD VF-1s on sale, all with free shipping. here's the store link:

https://kitzconcept.hk/

I sat on the fence for quite awhile , but I like egg-planes and SD versions when they're done well. After looking at pics and reviews, I'm pretty impressed overall with the proportions of these guys, and the perfect transformation they were able to execute, with one caveat: there is a removable plate that goes around the neck to help hold the chest and back plate in place. I don't know if it's there just as an extra assist, or if it's necessary to keep it from devolving into a sloppy mess. Either way, it seems a small price when the rest is done so well. I've been wanting an SD VF-1 for some time, so these guys have had my attention ever since this topic appeared. Guess it was just time to plunk down some cash and get one.

I still kinda regret not getting the SD VF-25 when that was out, as it seemed like a cool little figure, too. Ah well.

4 hours ago, Felix said:

I picked up the Super VF-1S for a pretty good price mainly because I was curious. All in all the quality is pretty good. I prefer the non-light up head to the one with the LED in it. The effects look pretty cool if a bit glossy. I will say that I don't really trust the stand with the super and effects parts attached. Feels kind of wobbly and top heavy given the weight of the toy. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just an observation. I was actually surprised by the size of it. When was the last time you bought a toy and when it arrived it was larger than you thought it would be. All in all pretty happy.

'preciate the heads up concerning weight and the stand. Mine will likely spend most of its time in battroid, but if I get a wild hair to change up and display it in fighter with missiles firing, then it's good to know what to expect. As for the size thing, usually toys of this nature are small- I've got the SD Roadbuster Mugen Caliber repaint, and it's pretty small. Like these VF-1s, I wish it'd come with a second smaller head that could be incorporated into the transformation, but it didn't. However the last time a toy surprised me with its size, it was FT's Phoenix, which I knew was gonna be big, but it's surprisingly so in hand.  Their Dinos are pretty good sized, too, but I understand Giga's are even bigger- wow. Also, Toy World's Devastator (Constuctor) when assembled is massive. 

I had preordered the 1/72 from HLJ prior to securing one elsewhere for less - forgot to cancel the HLJ order, the cancellation email they sent out implied that they can't sell it.

Hello,

This is Daniel Hoffman from HobbyLink Japan.

I'm contacting you in regard to your order for KZC10028 KC918 Robotech VF-1S Roy Fokker. Unfortunately, we have learned that we will not be able to carry this item. Your order for it will be canceled.

You have not been charged for this item; we only charge when the item is here to fill your order.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,

Daniel Hoffman
www.hlj.com

I wonder if that's a Harmony Gold issue, or something else. Either way, shame for HLJ, but good that you were able to find it at a better price. I'd highly recommend buying directly from KC directly, esp since shipping is free and most of their SD valks are on sale for better prices than you'll pay through an online retailer.

I already have 2 Arcadia 1/60 VF-1s, which fills my quota for now. The only other VF-1 I'd really like to own is an Elint, just b/c of the unique packs, so I hope Arcadia will do a rerelease. However, if Kitz Concept released one, and reviews are good for their 1/72, I'd accept that as a decent alternative. Scale's not a real big deal to me. If it was, I'd have quit Transformers, LEGO, and Macross a long time ago.:lol: