3D Print replacement parts for Yamato 1/48's & 1/60

pezley

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Saw your message @ValkAddict, since I can't post pictures in a message (for some reason) here's a reassurance that the Ball joints are there. 

Also, I've used 4 sets of these shoulder replacements and they almost appear to be a bit stronger than the factory parts. 

710x528_4535849_463232_1459316930_1_0.jpg

Here's the backside of the set, using the site's 3D viewer:

image.png.2ef53ab97f98c74a7482003936dc718b.png

3 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Thanks @505thAirborne for the info! Sorry for missing the obvious.

Looks like I can only order white colored sets from here (wish they had cream color),
https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956

I didn't notice the ball joints at first, either. Saw them in the "how to" video, then went to the 3D viewer and flipped the parts over to make sure they were there.

10 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Apologies for reviving an older thread ... but can someone please comment: have they bought from this seller - are they legit?

I bought a used Yamato 1/60 VF-1D with broken shoulders and need replacement shoulder hinges. TIA for any help.

EDIT: Also, the photo of the part does not seem to look exactly like the broken shoulder hinge.

The 3D artist who did that is a long time member of this forum — @VF5SS.

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Has anyone designed a Yamato 1/48-compatible VF-1D head for printing?

Haven't seen that yet. I would hope it's out there.. I was able to score a resin cast one , along with the rest of the 1-D conversion kit. some years ago. I still need to get to that project..

59 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Has anyone designed a Yamato 1/48-compatible VF-1D head for printing?

Haven't seen one before but I'll do you one better by suggesting somebody design an all new VF-1D conversion kit for the Yamato 1/48's.

• 11 months later...

It's funny, funny that I say funny. I finally ordered a pair of shoulders for my V2 VF-1D. I just got an email today 12/30/23, from Shape ways that my order is being sent. Now if I only knew where my Yamato V2 VF-1d is. 

Moving sucks from one state to another, so you know. I have thought of buying these for a long time and I finally pulled the trigger, yeah me!

Yep, had my local library print them out in resin. Too big to fit initially, but some sanding brought them mostly into line. I suspect the tabs in back are too large to fit into the slots, but more sanding will do them no doubt. 

Many thanks Chronocidal!!

IMG_0369.jpeg

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Good to see them working!  I definitely oversized the tabs, since I figured it would be easier to sand them down than build them up.

Those came out great! Way to go on helping a member out.

Happy 2024!