3D Print replacement parts for Yamato 1/48's & 1/60

pezley

On 6/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, Kurisama said:

Side covers are coming, and for the baby pod - I'd have to eye ball it as I don't have one in-hand.

I'll definitely buy a baby pod even if you eye ball it.  

I might buy the 2 seater as well for my VF-1D VR.

• 2 months later...

I have 1/48 side covers that came with the GBP Armor Parts. 

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to replicate them via 3D printing or some other method? I've never tried but am curious. 

Would be cool to have them for my other 1/48s

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I have 1/48 side covers that came with the GBP Armor Parts. 

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to replicate them via 3D printing or some other method? I've never tried but am curious. 

Would be cool to have them for my other 1/48s

You could try making your own molds, youtube has a lot of video's on the subject. Might cost ya bout $10 for materials 

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'll bet those parts could be produced Via Shapeways or something similar. 

Probably, but not sure they'd be very durable out of most of the plastics available. Even the Acrylate material might wear over time.

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2017 at 9:40 PM, Kurisama said:

'll start the side covers soon - I have 2 variants;

Vents.jpg.de72fb160298c0de21938e500ab0c5b7.jpg

Which do ppl prefer? I always wanted to do another version, the one we see when Max first battles Milia in the TV series;

Maxu_Vents.jpg.1eb5a00b5ff202eaa18b27f4cf016b07.jpg

This please!

2yr necro..

Edited by Bolt

16 minutes ago, Spiff said:

Where are the replacement shoulder hinges? Can't seem to find those on Shapeways.

Assuming you mean the shoulder hinges for the Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956

Do you know if they make the backpack hinge (BP-8) for the 1/48 i couldn’t find it. But i didn’t find that shoulder joint either. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, Kurisama said:

I always wanted to do another version, the one we see when Max first battles Milia in the TV series;

Maxu_Vents.jpg.1eb5a00b5ff202eaa18b27f4cf016b07.jpg

I vote this version that has working flaps and LED glow effect when open!

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Alejandro said:

Hello. Is this thread still alive? I am looking for replacement hands for a 1/48 yamato valkyrie. Looked at sideways but only found 1/60 hands.

thanks

You and me both. I would love some nice fixed posed hands for a 1/48 yammie.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, Alejandro said:

Hello. Is this thread still alive? I am looking for replacement hands for a 1/48 yamato valkyrie. Looked at sideways but only found 1/60 hands.

thanks

Don't buy anything from here. They never shipped my stuff and by the time I realized it was too late for recourse through feeBay. Every time I message them.........crickets.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/strikealpha247?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

On 8/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, sqidd said:

Don't buy anything from here. They never shipped my stuff and by the time I realized it was too late for recourse through feeBay. Every time I message them.........crickets.

Thanks for the heads up. You mean in the whole macrossworld site or sideways? Hope someone with some broken 1/48 reads my wanted post and sends me an offer or something.

Edited by Alejandro
mismisspelling

5 hours ago, Alejandro said:

Thanks for the heads up. You mean in the whole macrossworld site or sideways? Hope someone with some broken 1/48 reads my wanted post and sends me an offer or something.

I mean don't get anything from that eBay seller.

Hopefully someone is making this stuff still. I need hands and cavity fillers.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, sqidd said:

Yikes. That used to be member here years ago and used to have a good reputation. After he was banned he went sour and is still up to the same old shenanigans.

Avoid this seller like cancer.

44 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Yikes. That used to be member here years ago and used to have a good reputation. After he was banned he went sour and is still up to the same old shenanigans.

Avoid this seller like cancer.

The $50 I got screwed out of hurt. But not being able to get hands and cavity feelers hurts more. 

I can't believe with 3D printing stuff flying all over the place I can't get hands and fillers.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Just came across these. Not mine, but if you need them here they are on Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/iscustom

1/48 BP-8 

and

1/55 VF-1D Conversion Kit 

Nice finds! I've been looking for a BP-8 replacement for a Yamato 1/48 1S that I want to turn into a Minmay Guard Paris Act. Just placed an order for the two-pack (in case I screw something up).

And I *do* still plan on 3D scanning all of the resin cast 1/55 parts that I have, which includes a VF-1D head, cockpit, and heatshield. I'll probably scan in a chestplate and modify it for the 1D, too. The scanning project is on hold at the moment while I design and build my own scanner from the ground up. The reasonably-priced commercial options ended up being very disappointing.

• 11 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Apologies for reviving an older thread ... but can someone please comment: have they bought from this seller - are they legit?

I bought a used Yamato 1/60 VF-1D with broken shoulders and need replacement shoulder hinges. TIA for any help.

EDIT: Also, the photo of the part does not seem to look exactly like the broken shoulder hinge.

Edited by ValkAddict

32 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Apologies for reviving an older thread ... but can someone please comment: have they bought from this seller - are they legit?

I bought a used Yamato 1/60 VF-1D with broken shoulders and need replacement shoulder hinges. TIA for any help.

EDIT: Also, the photo of the part does not seem to look exactly like the broken shoulder hinge.

Granted that I'm just eyeballing stuff, but after watching the video on that page and looking at the interactive 3D preview of the parts, I think they'll work. Based on the description of the parts, they were designed by someone else and hosted by the Shapeways user. Shapeways does all of the printing and shipping, so you won't have to worry about your order being fulfilled. Given that these parts have to be durable, it's good that they're only offered in Versatile Plastic. The natural finish isn't too bad if you're trying to save a little money. You can polish the surfaces with a high grit sandpaper. I did that for some replacement 1/48 backpack hinges.

Saw your message @ValkAddict, since I can't post pictures in a message (for some reason) here's a reassurance that the Ball joints are there. 

Also, I've used 4 sets of these shoulder replacements and they almost appear to be a bit stronger than the factory parts. 

710x528_4535849_463232_1459316930_1_0.jpg