3D Print replacement parts for Yamato 1/48's & 1/60

pezley

After just finishing up a few bits for the Transformers forums I was looking to recreate some of the bits that keep these guys from living a long happy life.

I have a 1/48 Cannon Fodder and have always hated the head so have knocked up a VF-1J Style head for him and it's off to the printers next week ( pics will come )

With that said, what parts are in need of being recreated. I know the 1/60V2 shoulder joints are shoddy and I know Shapeways has some but will redo them anyway. Ideally I'd like to help by creating one area we can all go to get replacements

Already on the list

1) Replacement heads (with Antennas)

2)1/48 & 1/60 TV Style hands.

3) 1/60v2 Shoulder hinges

Anything to add to the list ?

Also to add. I will be able to do pre cut sticker sheets on clear, matte or gloss Vinyl. If anyone can provide high resolution scans of any sticker sheet that would be needed.

Edited by pezley

I don't know if Kurisama is still committed on the full upgrade parts of the VF-1X++ from Macross The Ride, but if he isn't that's something you should take over!

Sticker side, I would love to see a custom sheet with a bunch of different size NUNS kite logos, No Step markings, yellow&white markings ala Gundam stickers.

I don't know if Kurisama is still committed on the full upgrade parts of the VF-1X++ from Macross The Ride, but if he isn't that's something you should take over!

Sticker side, I would love to see a custom sheet with a bunch of different size NUNS kite logos, No Step markings, yellow&white markings ala Gundam stickers.

If you can put up the art work I can most certainly turn them into Stickers.

As for the VF-1XX, can you show me a strip from the comic end result ? Looks like a modified VF-1S ?

I do like the idea. I have 5 V2 1/60 Yamies which i have yet to open and inspect. I don't even know where to get replacements right now. I am hoping those shoulder hinges wont go out on me.

edit in: i would also like DYRL hands for the 1/48 models. These are more angular and less mickey mouse looking.

Edited by vlenhoff

I do like the idea. I have 5 V2 1/60 Yamies which i have yet to open and inspect. I don't even know where to get replacements right now. I am hoping those shoulder hinges wont go out on me.

5 !!! I don't even have 1 !. I would like to find one thats already pre'damaged to work on replacing parts to test them

Oh man, i've had these for so many years, and still i have not brought myself to open them. Is this your first casting project?

They will be printed, not casted. I'm looking at picking up a printer for myself but for now do have access to one. The samples I have seen from it are pretty good, I have never been impressed with Shapeways fuzzy looking prints and these have been much better. After seeing them, I finished up my replacement head and will be getting it printed in a week or so. If I'm happy with it then will start working on other projects. Just wanted an idea for what pieces are needed

The replacements for the exploding triangles on Bandai's VF-171 CF. Someone here came up with good replacements, but Shapeway's resolution is a bit lacking.

Why am I feeling deja vu? Anyways......

Hope this leads to several projects for you! All in 1/60 of course! ^_^

Some suggestions for future "add-on" style projects.....

VEFR-1

vefr-1-battroid.gif

SDP-1

sdp-1-stampede-fighter.gif

APS-11 Armor

vf-11c-protectarmor.gif

VF-1SR.....

oct02-hj-page13.jpg

oct02-hj-page14.jpg

VF-1D head from Macross the First.....

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

VF-1J head from Macross the First....

vf-1j-mtf-head2.gif

VT-1C parts....

vt-1c-battroid.gif

vt-1c-fighter.gif

I don't know if it has been done, or if it is even plausible, but one upgrade I like to mention in replacement part/upgrade threads is articulated hands. I think any new articulated hands would work best as replacements to the fixed pose hands that come included with the v2 Valkyries.

Yeah Sandman has a point. I would also like to see some hard head lasers for the YF-29B. That was one of my main gripes with it, even though mine still lives in it's box, when I do take it out I know I want those mangly looking ones gone.

Would you consider doing replacement head lasers for bandai's yf-29b. The bendy ones are garbage. All 3 i have have the head lasers bend extremely to the right.

Yeah Sandman has a point. I would also like to see some hard head lasers for the YF-29B. That was one of my main gripes with it, even though mine still lives in it's box, when I do take it out I know I want those mangly looking ones gone.

Curious. But the YF-29 head turrets is already available at Shapeway using the Ultra Frost option. Did you guys already tried that one?

For me, would be a part where I could clip the DX VF-19 Advance Booster on the wing glove like what T-Rex did for the Arcadia YF-19. ^_^

1124.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I would love to get the "option parts" that were briefly available with newer v2 1/60s. Those would also be cool in 1/48 scale if they could be made to work.

What were the option parts ?

Currently compiling a list of all the things that have been discussed.

Curious. But the YF-29 head turrets is already available at Shapeway using the Ultra Frost option. Did you guys already tried that one?

I didn't see that before. Now i need to be able to match the paint color to the dx. Anyone know what color is used on the dx head lasers?

As alreadysaid, I'd also be in for a 1/60 VF-1x ++ from Macross the Ride. I can post pics up later if that helps. Kurisama was looking into it, but that was a long time ago, and he's been quite silent, so if he's not doing it, I'd definitely get one set. I have the head unit for it from a Wonderfest kit, but just about all the key parts that make it unique are not there. I do have the decals, so I may recreate those at some point if no one does. They get expensive, and I'm not a decal guy, but if I end up getting a good laser jet printer soon, it might be an option. I just can't print white. I'd need to use white backed paper.

anyways, if you decide to make that, it seems like you'd have 2 people committed at least. I'm sure more would jump in on it.

Edited by Jasonc

1t prints are in, lots of errors in the 3D but these have now been fixed and back with the printers.

pics attached, the hands hadn't been cleaned up so look sketchy. Ignore this.

hands_new.jpg

so any comments on scale, proportions etc would be welcome :)

Edited by pezley

I would be most grateful if you made replacement VF-4G Missiles.

Also, some replacement shoulder cover plates for the VF-25's would be sweet - those tend to pop off and get misplaced.

How about some custom ordnance for the YF-30?

Armored Gerwalk parts for the 1/60 VF-1's would be SWEEEEEET!!

Edited by warrhead