Mission 21: Yearning Secret  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (A trip down Walkure memory lane)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Pssst. I secretly yearn for something to happen on this show. Like actually showing something important.)

Kawamori's only providing supervision on this one, so it wouldn't be completely out of the question...

Kawamori is listed as Delta's "Chief Director". Delta's director is Kenji Yasuda. Basically, I think this frees Kawamori from being in charge of small day-to-day stuff. It's Kawamori's vision and he can step in or provide guidance every now and then, but most of the stuff is left up to the people below him.To me, I see Kawamori as the equivalent of "Executive Producer" or "Showrunner".

Kawamori is listed as Delta's "Chief Director". Delta's director is Kenji Yasuda. Basically, I think this frees Kawamori from being in charge of small day-to-day stuff. It's Kawamori's vision and he can step in or provide guidance every now and then, but most of the stuff is left up to the people below him.To me, I see Kawamori as the equivalent of "Executive Producer" or "Showrunner".

Which is no different than the role he had on Macross Frontier, where he was also credited as "chief director" (総監督), while Yasuhito Kikuchi got the "director" (監督) credit. Ever since Macross Plus, when he collaborated with Shinichiro Watanabe, Kawamori has almost always had a co-director under him who supervises the staffers more directly, while he focuses on the big-picture stuff.

Edited by Zhou