Delta: Runes are messed up.

aurance

Well of course it was on the tail lol.....but look at where on the tail those fins are..........they are a little low on the tail if you ask me......

Edited by grigolosi

It makes you think about the phase "I can't feel your rune." That Keith kept telling Roid. Their society seems kind of "repressed". You have examples of Herman scolding Bogue about "this rune is showing" when he's excited about seeing Frejya but at the same time they're ok with them going off while in battle.

Pure conjecture but could it be they're only ok with "showing the rune" when they are fighting or only with their special someone? That's kind of a jacked up relationship between violence and love/lust.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the longer your runes are, the more connected you are with the Fold Force® and the shorter your life span is.

"The candle that burns twice as bright..." yada yada.

The price the Windemereans pay for their Jedi reflexes.

Seems like the longer your runes are, the more connected you are with the Fold Force® and the shorter your life span is.

"The candle that burns twice as bright..." yada yada.

The price the Windemereans pay for their Jedi reflexes.

I don't think the show supports that idea. Among the aerial knights, Bogue and Quasim probably have the longest runes with their braids, while Keith's are only moderately long (even if you average the two runes for make characters), yet Keith is clearly the most connected to the "wind." Her short rune would also suggest Freyja's connection was fairly weak, which doesn't match what we've seen. On the question of lifespan, King Gramia seemed very advanced in age despite having some of the longest runes. The only character I can think of who has very long runes paired with a high fold connection but a shortened life is Heinz, and he's called out as an exceptional case.

What really puzzles me is whether Windermereans can lengthen and shorten their runes to match certain hair styles. It's hard to imagine how that would work, if the runes are connected by a stalk or tentacle. Maybe the length of an individual's runes are decided by genetics, and they each just adopt a hairstyle to suit that.

I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Episode 23 provided a lot of support for the theory that boys have two runes and girls have one. It also seems like boy runes are always stars - but girls definitely are not always hearts.

I didn't catch that in 23 - mind elaborating? Spoiler tags if it's spoilery (obviously).

Edited by mickyg

I think it is in consideration of the prosthetic runes the "infiltration" team was wearing.

Yeah, it's funny that after so many episodes without more than a glimpse of any Windemerean women who aren't Freyja, the best look we get is at "fakes."

Mikumo and Makina were sporting single hearts, but Mirage had a single rune that was shaped like a soft teardrop or bean (maybe a magatama?). Kaname's appeared to be the same shape as Mirage's, while Reina's was just a disc or blob (it's possible it was the second shape drawn imprecisely). At any rate, no explanation given, but the ladies all had single runes and some clearly weren't hearts.