Delta: Runes are messed up.

aurance

Well, yeah... but I'm not sure if that's any creepier than Zolans having kangaroo-like pouches on their stomachs, Ragnans having huge sets of gills on the sides of their necks, or some rare Zentradi types having prehensile hair... and don't get me started on how the second Vajra larva form looks like the infectors from Dead Space with a dead-eyed squirrel head stapled on...

IT'S ALL MESSED UP SETO

I'd totally be cool with the gills though, no doubt.

In the last episode I think Roid's & Keith's runes touched tips! Is that anything like accidently touching tips in a locker room shower?

Why are the runes shaped like Lucky Charms?

Oh gawwwwd

lucky-charms-creepy-leprecaun_ckcemr.jpg

Edited by aurance

IT'S ALL MESSED UP SETO

I'd totally be cool with the gills though, no doubt.

Totally messed up it most certainly is...

The prehensile hair I can deal with...even marsupial pouches and gills......but "magically delicious" runes.......ewwwwwwwww

I can look the other way on the runes most of the time, but I sincerely hope the prehensile hair stops at the scalp. It did bug me in the first episode that Freyja was showing almost sexual levels of excitement during Forbidden Borderline and her rune... um... got erect.

If you've ever been around wallabies or kangaroos, the pouch thing is pretty nasty too... a fair amount of the time the baby does its business right in the pouch. Kinda gross, but the worst part is definitely the smell.

Never been able to be around either up close Seto but now that you mention that, I can definitely see your point also.......That American Dad scene was definitely the equivalent to the Roid and Keith Rune high five....or what ever that bizarre display was supposed to be. At least with the prehensile hair it seems to be limited and mainly driven by emotions more than anything but I did notice a few times when Ranka went to put her earbuds in the hair did seem to move back without her touching it.....but it is still far easier to deal with than a pouch or excitable glowing runes that like to high five each other and become erect.

Yeah Freya did get mad at Hayate and called him a perv when he tried to touch her rune.

Edited by grigolosi

In the last episode I think Roid's & Keith's runes touched tips! Is that anything like accidently touching tips in a locker room shower?

Why are the runes shaped like Lucky Charms?

No one "accidently" touches tips in the locker room shower. :lol:

I was thinking more of like when that US Senator solicited a cop in the mens bathroom stall by tapping his foot and sliding it over to touch the cops foot. Me thinks it was accidently on purpose.

Since they seem to glow or change color, they would have to be translucent or even have chromataphores in them, meaning they are probably kinda gross looking flesh bags in real life........ugghh that is really gross sounding. Head boners or forehead balls/scrotums, none of it sounds pleasant in most regards... :wacko:

Edited by grigolosi

Since they seem to glow or change color, they would have to be translucent or even have chromataphores in them, meaning they are probably kinda gross looking flesh bags in real life........ugghh that is really gross sounding. Head boners or forehead balls/scrotums, none of it sounds pleasant in most regards... :wacko:

Meanwhile, the windemereans are probably wondering how humans can stand to look at each other long enough to procreate without a nice shiny rune springing out.

Captain Kirk: "Here, let me show you something from my home planet.."

Alien Woman of the Week: "Eww, stop it, what are you doing? Get that out of my nose!"

When you think of what the runes are for, assuming they're primarily like a sixth sense sort of fold-wave receptor organ, I mean...yeah, they're most likely big, dense clusters of pure nerve tissue. So yeah, they're going to be really sensitive. Considering that the pilots' helmets don't seem to have much of an effect on them, I'm surprised they don't just cover them entirely.

Forgive me if I missed something obvious, but has it been explained why Freyja has only one rune, while the other Windemereans have two (although some hide them pretty well)? Is it a boy/girl thing? We never seem to see other Windemerean ladies for more than a moment (except maybe Heinz's two attendants, but I can't tell their gender).

Forgive me if I missed something obvious, but has it been explained why Freyja has only one rune, while the other Windemereans have two (although some hide them pretty well)? Is it a boy/girl thing? We never seem to see other Windemerean ladies for more than a moment (except maybe Heinz's two attendants, but I can't tell their gender).

Actually I was just wondering that myself the other day when I watched episode 21. I realized that Freyja only had one. That is a good question......

Male of 2 and female have 1.

All windemeres are probably genetically modified by protoculture from reindeers.

post-425-0-25776200-1471940936_thumb.jpg

Continuing my obliviousness, I only just realized that all of the boys have the same rune shape (a four-pointed star where one point is the base, sort of a hilted spearhead). Freyja's single rune is, of course, heart-shaped, so in the absence of other evidence, I'll assume all female Windemereans have a similar rune.

I think the reason it took so long for me to pick up on this was that I thought the first set of ending credits were showing us a variety of possible rune shapes. But in retrospect, I guess those were just fanciful shapes, one of which resembled Freyja's rune.

Continuing my obliviousness, I only just realized that all of the boys have the same rune shape (a four-pointed star where one point is the base, sort of a hilted spearhead). Freyja's single rune is, of course, heart-shaped, so in the absence of other evidence, I'll assume all female Windemereans have a similar rune.

I think the reason it took so long for me to pick up on this was that I thought the first set of ending credits were showing us a variety of possible rune shapes. But in retrospect, I guess those were just fanciful shapes, one of which resembled Freyja's rune.

Maybe they have a bunch of genders, one for each shape of Lucky Charms.

When you think of what the runes are for, assuming they're primarily like a sixth sense sort of fold-wave receptor organ, I mean...yeah, they're most likely big, dense clusters of pure nerve tissue. So yeah, they're going to be really sensitive. Considering that the pilots' helmets don't seem to have much of an effect on them, I'm surprised they don't just cover them entirely.

... that brings a new and uncomfortable context to the slang "brain boner".

There's usually some kind of evolutionary reason for the odd traits a sub-Protoculture species displays... but one has to wonder what the Windermereans evolved from that they have a big glowing tentacle jammed into their heads. Maybe they're space anglerfish?

WTF did I just watch......LOL. I don't what is more disturbing now...Windermeran Runes or the location of the tail fins on those outfits.........

WTF did I just watch......LOL. I don't what is more disturbing now...Windermeran Runes or the location of the tail fins on those outfits.........

I don't know where else one would put a tail fin. I was, however, led to believe Girls und Panzer was about girls driving tanks, and am unsure how this ties in AT ALL.