Mission 19: Eternal Songs  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Mikumo story time!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (This show feels like it's going on for an eternity)

Is this remotely possible?

So with all the mentioning of Mayan, the fact that the Windemerean Protoculture ship looks
alot like the Birdman jacked on steroids. Plus a mysterious figure that has appeared ever so briefly
as witnessed by Heinz & Mikumo. Just wondering if I'm the only one who felt that last scene of Mikumo
looked very familiar. The moment I saw her in that containment unit with green fluid, this scene from

Mac Zero instantly popped in my mind.

I'm probably off by long shot so far it's nuts..... but what if.... Sara Nome will return from where ever she disappeared to??

IMG 6352

Edited by 505thAirborne

Kawamori sort of implied that both tv and movies were sort of in universe retellings of those events, which is actually an awesome idea in a way. Although in case of SDF and DYRL movie it was stated somewhere that main story is from the tv series, while the visuals are taken from DYRL as basis for future series, and then they throw in the Protoculture city on Earth as a thing in Delta.

Not so much surprised, she just named the sound force group being mentioned, and Berger added "ah, yes, your grandparents were the leaders of that Colony, and your aunt was a member."

To me it felt as if though Berger was fishing for any kind of information on Mikumo, which tells me that it was Xaos itself that found Mikumo in the first place, as any other side would've leaked information all over by now. The novelization also brings in one of Macross 30 characters as a head researcher, and the other girl in the main triangle there was Mina Forte, a protoculture girl woken up from stasis, in before Lady M is her.

I find it particularly amusing when Roid tells Keith how Hoina and Mikumo can't really sub for Heinz, because they don't have the Wind Song, I absolutely can't wait to see Roid's face when Mikumo belts out Aura Sala at full force, remember how Mikumo was humming it because it just kept coming back to her back in episode 6.

I think they included the Protoculture Ship in the scene mainly since there are no images of PC architecture or city ruins shown in any of the series other this in DYRL and the ruins shown so far on Macross Delta. It was used as an example of a PC city for the flashback sequence.

Edited by grigolosi

Is that a VF-25 in the foreground, lower right corner?

My apologies, not very sure how to post images

it's possible. VF-25 and future airframes have the variable geometry wings literally as wings folded down (ala Gundam Wing) in Battroid mode and those two visible battroids look like Vf-25-ish....

According to the non-canon Variable Fighter Master File, the VF-25 is in use outside the Frontier fleet. I guess the canon continuity took a page (pun unintended) from Master File.

There's no reason to believe that LAI would not sell the designs to other fleets. I am skeptical that Federal forces would adopt the fighter as the mainline fighter since the Feds already had the YF-24 prototype and one could expect the next gen fighter, prior to the advent of the YF-30, to be based upon the YF-24 Evolution or perhaps a production version of the same.

SK has already floated the idea that the emigration fleets do not get all the tech used in Federal equipment in Macross the Ride. The emigration fleets and colonies get "monkey model" design specs, perhaps as a result of the NUN decentralization. In Frontier, LAI took the monkey specs from NUNS and developed the VF-25, Galaxy did the same but developed the VF-27.

Edited by Zinjo

Japanese wikipedia says in the Wings of Goodbye novelization Max and Milia flew in VF-25 among the reinforcements.

到着後、妻 ミリア とともに VF-25 で出撃する。

After arrival, the sortie in the VF-25 with his wife Milia.

Remember it isn't just LAI behind the VF-25 but Shinsei Industry. Shinsei Industry on Earth also produced the YF-29B Perceval.

Japanese wikipedia says in the Wings of Goodbye novelization Max and Milia flew in VF-25 among the reinforcements.

Remember it isn't just LAI behind the VF-25 but Shinsei Industry. Shinsei Industry on Earth also produced the YF-29B Perceval.

Shinsei developed the YF-24 and IIRC they cooperated with LAI on the '25. Max and Millia flying a VF-25 doesn't prove the Feds adopted the '25, only that Max and Millia were flying VF-25's in the novelization of the movie.

That looks like a VF-31A. It has a shield on its right forearm and the brighter section of folded-up wing looks like the -31A's outer wing panel. The lower leg sections are also solid, without the seam that opens up on the -25's leg when it is in Battroid mode.

attachicon.gif00.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the '31 is a Federal fighter on loan to Xaos. The Delta squadron have modified versions.

Edited by Zinjo

Shinsei developed the YF-24 and IIRC they cooperated with LAI on the '25. Max and Millia flying a VF-25 doesn't prove the Feds adopted the '25, only that Max and Millia were flying VF-25's in the novelization of the movie.

Never said anything Federal NUNS flying VF-25s. Also remember this is Max and Milia. In their days during Dancing Skull they fly the latest VF and manufacturers get their evaluation input. General Galaxy also asked Milia's opinion on the Queadluun-Reah.

Max had to be pushing 70. What is he doing in a VF-25? I thought he was piloting battleships.

He left Exsedol in charge of Battle 7 while Kim Kabirov led the combined fleet.

From what I hear there was an awesome moment in the novel where Isamu was left asking who were those guys in the red and blue VFs.

Oh MF Delta novel info apparently the White Knight before Keith, not Gramia, was a member of SMS and shot down two VF-27s on the Vajra homeworld.

That looks like a VF-31A. It has a shield on its right forearm and the brighter section of folded-up wing looks like the -31A's outer wing panel. The lower leg sections are also solid, without the seam that opens up on the -25's leg when it is in Battroid mode.

attachicon.gif00.jpg

Definitely looks like a VF-31A to me too. Can see what appears to be the canards on the shoulders.

Never said anything Federal NUNS flying VF-25s. Also remember this is Max and Milia. In their days during Dancing Skull they fly the latest VF and manufacturers get their evaluation input. General Galaxy also asked Milia's opinion on the Queadluun-Reah.

As evaluation pilots, their opinions would certainly be sought and getting input from a Q-Rau ace on the new Q-Rhea is always a good idea.

1. Well call me an old fart i must be slowing down and enjoying this non-valk action episode! Enjoyed the explaination of fold bacteria, receptors, music lore etc.

Or maybe cos it was just the creepy man scaring lil freya episode..

2. This epsilon corp is building up to be a recurring bad shadow corporation in the macross universe..

3. ED was a nice close to the episode..

4. and oh yeah..the giggly bits when everyone was talking abt ASS-1...

Edited by seti88

This episode was better than expected and while I'm usually not a fan of info dump episodes, at least this one brought some mechanics of how Walkure has been able to reach people with their fold waves. And the moment with Mirage and Hayate was cute. I hope this is the end of the calm and enter the kawa kawa storm from episodes 20 - 26 where things get wet, wild and crazy. The 2nd of half of ep 18 was a preview to the madness, but I want the full thing. :lol:

What the heck? The V-Type Fold Bacteria folded to humanity as their new hosts?! As the Vajra left for another dimension they were left behind. Maybe the Protodevlin should've asked for a hitchhike 500,000 years ago.

So it is Ranka's fault in showing these bacteria they can live in our guts by saving Sheryl? Or it is the Vajra's fault that to them it is gift for humanity once they meet each other again?

Roid believes Windermereans are special as their Runes have tiny bits of Fold Quartz. Oh crap I'm starting to realize how the Protoculture made their own Fold Quartz. Plus Roid is wrong Fold Bacteria have Fold Quartz. Its not really different.

So basically whatever Space-Time Resonance ability genetic nerfing the Protoculture did for Terrans and other sub-races is being undone by Fold Bacteria.

Roid you harp about being Protoculture heirs but it seems the Vajra choose humanity and its associated races. Who were the ones the Protoculture worshiped?

The Var syndrome with Windermerean apples grown on Fold Quartz rich soil according to the Keith prequel and ruin water is causing an imbalance of Fold Bacteria in the body of victims.

As for Berger Stone he harps the Anti-UN companies that made the Sv-51 created the first VF. Wrong as developmental data on the VF-0 was stolen. However Epsilon Foundation being connected to those that hired Kaos to retake the cluster smells like Macross Galaxy playing all sides again.

I think the PC left the coding in the genetics of the races they altered. It was probably meant to eventually activate in a race as it evolved. I don't think it was nerfed so much as made dormant through their gene manipulation. Seeing how they had the ability to predict how aggressive and warlike we (terran humans) could be (hence leaving an uber destructive AI behind to make the call on pulling our plug), they probably did the same for the Windermerans. Giving them higher enhanced physical abilities/reflexes also introduced a greater liability to the galaxy. To stem this to an extant they encoded a short life span to control them.

The ruins make sense especially if they were built in the waning days of the PC in effort to bring the Zentraedi and Supervision Army back under control to stop the fighting and save themselves. But I suspect they realized it was too powerful. Instead of just pacifying and allowing their original protocols to be reinstated, it went way above in the mind control arena and was never used or they just never had a chance to use it. But considering the PC took the time to hide them in super dimensional space tells me they decided not to use it and didn't want the "kids" finding them either (as Seto said these things were sealed or locked away for a reason Roid).

Why would the Vajra leave our space after living here for millions if not 10's of millions of years. They obviously lived in the galaxy with the PC 500,000 years ago. Did the PC ever make contact with them like we managed to do or did they completely avoid them as stated out of fear and respect for them and just emulated and studied them from afar.

I wasn't surprised at all on Epsilon. They are out to either make a buck or have a greater agenda, which becomes more suspect with the info Berger gave on the companies engineers.

The cracks are definitely developing in the Windermeran front. Keith is beginning to question this war also and Roids agenda. Roid I believe is in for a nasty surprise about Mikumo. I don't think he has grasped the possibility that she is:

1) either a PC who was placed in stasis

2) a clone created from PC genetic material that was recovered

going off her flashbacks I guessing she is either one.

All this is conjecture but at least we have some actual theories from the series itself now instead of flashback sequences and grim looks after little half bits of information.

As I've said before, I hope we get a season 2 of this with budget for more mecha combat.

Seems 7 episodes is gonna be a bit tight to tie up everything, unless we get a really rushed ending.

And more time really needs to be spent of developing some of the supporting characters as well. Chuck, Arad and Mirage have hardly had any screen time recently. Feels like we hardly know them.

As I've said before, I hope we get a season 2 of this with budget for more mecha combat.

Seems 7 episodes is gonna be a bit tight to tie up everything, unless we get a really rushed ending.

And more time really needs to be spent of developing some of the supporting characters as well. Chuck, Arad and Mirage have hardly had any screen time recently. Feels like we hardly know them.

Or they'll pull an Evangelion and it with a movie or two.

Why would the Vajra leave our space after living here for millions if not 10's of millions of years. They obviously lived in the galaxy with the PC 500,000 years ago. Did the PC ever make contact with them like we managed to do or did they completely avoid them as stated out of fear and respect for them and just emulated and studied them from afar.

I think it is pretty much Earther's are awesome because they can do stuff that the Protoculture can't. Earthers made the Zentradi integrate as they hoped. Earthers solved the Protodevlins' problem. Earther made contact with the Vajra.

I'm theorizing that Zolans are immune to the Var syndrome given they are always around Galactic Whales. Apparently there is a connection between bacteria on their planet and Galactic Whales. They also have a form of telepathy with their Catsnakes. Galactic Whales like Vajra can Fold by themselves.

Edited by RedWolf

As for Berger Stone he harps the Anti-UN companies that made the Sv-51 created the first VF. Wrong as developmental data on the VF-0 was stolen. However Epsilon Foundation being connected to those that hired Kaos to retake the cluster smells like Macross Galaxy playing all sides again.

Actually he's technically correct... the Sv-51 was the first production, combat-ready VF. It wasn't the first one to be developed, but it was the first one out of development intended for actual battlefield use.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Did this info dump really deserve 90% of the episode? There's only 7 episodes left in the series, and poor Mirage's character development still only focuses on Hayate. Give her some more things to things to do already! I want to see her improving her piloting and be in dog flights. Or maybe even research her family's involvement in major events in the Macross series to she can try to figure out what she should be doing with her life.

Like, I'm grateful she actually got some focus this episode, but she's still so far behind in character development compared to the other main characters like Hayate and Freya.

Speaking of Freyja, just how much more drama is she going to experience? First it's losing her parents, then escaping a forced marriage, then failing the Walkure tryouts, then being threatened that she'll be kicked out of Walkure if she doesn't improve, then being suspected of being a spy, then dealing with being called a traitor to their homeland, then almost being executed by the Knights, then getting sad about her short lifespan, and now she has to deal with the one thing she's loved since childhood (singing) being a danger to not only the universe, but also the guy she loves.

Take a break with her already and give some other characters some focus. Like, even ignoring Mirage, we still haven't even found out whether Chuck's sister is really dead or not.