What Have you broken?

super_quincy

Its a sad and frustrating time when a bit comes off that wasn`t supposed to.....

Like my YF-21 , with one arm "detached" :angry: That was a bugger now I`m too afraid to transform my new FP `21, even though this time I`m armed with instructions.

And of course my legless VF-11, but then again....who hasn`t ( is the FP `11 any stronger? )

Come on guys its like Valks Anonymous !!

Only Valk I ever destroyed was the VF-11's poor hips...

My English Bulldog however developed a taste for one of my 1/60 DYRL Max Types and WOW...I thought I could be destructive...poor little Yammie Max didn't know what had hit him...actually, neither did I until I noticed all the slobber and my dog hacked up a missle...wasn't the first time she consumed one of my toys either...shelves were built much higher from that day on in my house... :(

When I was about 12 y/o, I broke the leg off a large ride armor, snapped the wing off my 1/35 red Legioss, and cracked the backplate for my Jetfire. I took me more than 15 years to finally find ways and parts to repair those, so I'm much more careful with my toys now.

edit: I forgot, around the same time, I broke the "little" antennas on my Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1 too. That's still not fixed to this day. :(

Edited by tom64ss

Lets see:

1/72 YF-21 FP (the box dropped on it and snapped the landing gear in too, super glue to the rescue)

1/60 CF-1a crushed the canopy trying to remove (almost cried)

1/72 vf-11b Haven't we all done this ?????

I think that's it so far :)

Keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood. NONE of my Yamato's have broken parts (at least...the one's I've purchased myself). I guess it's my gentle hands that get the job done (but they can be rough when needed too...Hahahaha).

Broke one of the legs off my MG Hyaku-Shiki, and I put stress cracks on the intakes of my Hikaru 1/48. Thankfully the 11 FP seems quite sturdy. I was afraid I broke my 21 FP transforming it but it was fine. It stays in fighter mode just to be safe.

Anyone use their broken old type VF-11 as part of some kind of diorama?

I broke the tab on my first yf-19 but I was more pissed off that it wouldn't transform. I eventually filed down a few parts to make it easier and found that the tab was not really needed.

I broke the arm slider of my yf-21 because extra flash inside the arm. I filed down the flash, glued the slider back together, and reinforced it with some epoxy. After a little blue paint, it looks almost good as new and works fine.

A shoulder peg broke off into the body of my TRU VF-1A. Minor problem since everything still works fine but sucks since I paid $150 for it. :o

I own 12 Yammies, and none of them are broken.

I guess you guys have fat fingers or something. :lol:

"The fingers you have used to handle your Yamatos are too fat, to obtain a special Yamato Handleing Wand, please mash down on the keypad."

my super poseable rick is missing a antenna. uhh...

one of my banprestos has a ball joint that fell off. thats about it :-D

back when i was a kid i remember one of my jetfires lost a arm, and that made me very sad.

..yes i had two jetfires and when i was 11 i sold them for like 5 bucks each, at the time i was very proud of myself.

I don't know If I broke them but this is what happend with my 1/48s:

wheels of the nose gear detached

one the gear lights detached from the rear gear doors

a plate on the wing detatched

............ :huh: .................. Come to think of it, I didn't break any. They just mysteriously detached. :blink:

I spend more time fixing toys than breaking them myself. I find great pleasure in repairing the main cannons on a 1/3000 sdf-1 I picked up for $10. I do occasionally mis-place screw, but as thats been an ongoing problem I can usually find a suitible replacement in my jug o' screws.

As I kid I spent more time destroying than breaking. I don't consider my rocketry and pyrotechnic escapades with GI Joes breaking so much as "sacraficing for science".

Last thing that broke in my hands was a spawn figure before I learned to not expose them to air or sunlight. I say manufacturing flaw but who knows.

Only thing I can think of is I managed to break the head cannon off one of my matchbox glaugs while trying to repair a partial break, and promptly lost the little piece that broke :blink: .

I have been meaning to pick up a real cheap broken 11b that I could glue in fighter mode... This might be a good thread to drop hints LOL.

popped the hand out of my MPC. Still have it sitting on my desk :D

You haven't named it Luke yet?

I've got some damage on both of my Yammies.

The 1J has a cracked hip joint. Looks bad, but it is stable, and isn't progressing/deteriorating (probably because I'm not touching it until I can get a new one.

My new Max 1A has some slight damage to the left shoulder joint, due to me seeing how far the shoulder can rotate up and down. Turned out I disloged the ball socket from it's rivit... I'll post pics as soon as I get my hands on the digicam. Doesn't look like it's too bad, nothing some super epoxy can't fix.

My Yammy VF-1D

Getting my Canopy off

I was wiggeling it, increased power

then it came loose, unfortunatly I have quite some squeezing power

the poor canopy had no chance in hell,...I mashed it between my fingers

That's exactly what happened to mine.

I managed to fix it a bit by gluing it together, and cutting the tabs off.

It doesn't lock on, but at least it's there.

My very first valk, a Takatoku Super VF-1S that my cousin bought for me when he came visiting from HK back in the eighties. That was my first and only Valk for a loooooong time. Heck I didn't even know what macross was at that time. My friend who was four years younger broke his head off and my mom promptly threw it away as thrash. Ok so i didn't break it myself. But i was really kicking myself in the balls when i realized how much it was worth a coupla years back.

My TV Hikaru, Max and Milia Banprestos ALL broke within the first month of owning them. Granted, Hikaru was abused by coworkers, but I was always very delicate with the other two. Max's canopy just snapped off one day during a normal transformation, and Milia's backpack landed at her feet as I tried to pose her. Those things are way too fragile, and I almost feel the $5 a piece I spent on them would've been better spent on lunch. Ah well. :p