Mission 18: Sense Emergence  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Cat jokes and Protoculture ruins. Great combo!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (My sense is telling me this is another boring episode)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 18 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Well I'm spending this morning waiting for my car at the tire shop so I can't stream/watch anything until later today. Could I have like a 5-word spoiler-free "categorization" of the episode? As in, is it mainly a:

1. Mecha/battle ep.

2. Other plot-advancing/politics ep.

3. Characters/triangle ep.

Okay Cassim turns out from the same region as Freyja. He recognized Hayate's last name meaning he new Wright. He let the two go, as he doesn't see himself as knight cirrently, but he'll still meet them on the battlefield even he doesn't know if it right or wrong.

Heinz affected the Aeral Knights with his song similar to what happens between Hayate and Freyja with Hayate being overwhelmed. But instead of a sky it is that hole at Scarfell. Helmann is closer to death as a result.

Freyja got sucked in by the system itself in a trance causing Hayate to Var in combat with Keith.

Mikumo singing to the ruins causing a fold reaction. She starts to remember her past. How she was a singer at Windermere and how she was found by Earthers most likely in space. This causes the new ruins on Voldor to overload and blow up. Heinz is shocked to a stupor getting contact with Mikumo's mind.

Bogue is too damn focused on Reina with his usual die Walkure. Gets cock blocked as usual by Hayate.

Roid and Berger are getting a lot of data as the singers clash.

On the Arad and Kaname front they talked about Messer and Hayate.

hmmm interesting, did the MDE blast on winderemere also destroy mikumo ship (perhaps another "sigur valens")? so she was ejected to space and got amnesia ? if mikumo are the previous wind singer, why she doesn't have runes? or is it unnecessary for a wind singer to be windermerean? or perhaps she got her runes cut or blasted so she lost her physical abilities like other windermerean in exchange of longer lifespan :p by the way how old is she?

Well I'm spending this morning waiting for my car at the tire shop so I can't stream/watch anything until later today. Could I have like a 5-word spoiler-free "categorization" of the episode? As in, is it mainly a:

1. Mecha/battle ep.

It's a little bit of everything. Mostly character development, but there's a tiny bit of the triangle and a fight scene near the end. Also, lots of singing again.

1. Mecha/battle ep.

1. Yes

2. Yes/Yes.

3. Yes/Triangles?

hmmm interesting, did the MDE blast on winderemere also destroy mikumo ship (perhaps another "sigur valens")? so she was ejected to space and got amnesia ? if mikumo are the previous wind singer, why she doesn't have runes? or is it unnecessary for a wind singer to be windermerean? or perhaps she got her runes cut or blasted so she lost her physical abilities like other windermerean in exchange of longer lifespan :p by the way how old is she?

The chamber in which they found her looks like a ground based one, what with that water and horizontal layout, the scientists at least didn't look all evil and what not, probably from Xaos, considering where she is now.

Because she is protoculture and not one of Windermerians? Amnesia could be attributed to her spending insane amount of time in cold sleep, but being around familiar things her memories are being teased out slowly now. She is the original Wind Singer, while all following ones were genetically engineered windermerian loyal bloodline born, with extremely rare common windermerian ones, like Freyja. Her physical age is lower then 30, not counting some 400 thousand and the rest she spent in cold sleep.

I wonder if we will finally get that Windermerian legend about the first Wind Singer next episode, we only got the line about song of life and light of runes.

Hayate might finally get his 2nd personal VF now that he wrecked this one as well.

@kuyaaids

That was the fold wave buffed state caused by his resonating fold wave singer, the same one Messer had in episode 10, not the regular or mind control induced Var. In fact, it looks as if though she quite literally throws herself at him to buff him even further, to the point her body back on the ruins was running on remote control while she was riding alongside Hayate

There is also the fact that Var Syndrome is the main mystery of Macross Delta, what it is, what causes it, how to stop it from occuring, how to calm it down, how to fully remove it, is it natural, is it something Protoculture embedded in genetic code of all uplifted races they tampered with in the galaxy for some purpose that they never got to finalize, we simply don't know yet.

Edited by l3fty84

1. Mecha/battle ep.

Four words:

All hell breaks loose.

While the last three episodes have been a bit slower, they did add just enough characterization so that this episode made some sense. A little something to hold on to while the last ten minutes went totally bananas.

The Mikumo happenings are pretty big, but I'm mostly trying to parse Roid's smug look. How much of this did he expect to happen? Its it more than he expected, but he just likes watching the world burn?

Cassim seemed to know and fondly remember Wright? That looked like a happy expression to me anyway.

I'm left confused and slightly annoyed till subs come out. Luckily Cassim derped as hard as Freyja and Mikumo. Though it seems messing with ancient tech to harness magic the people who built it only partially understood is starting to bite people in the ass.

I found the first half of the episode a bit boring. I felt I was watching the "undercover" episode all over again. But the second half went absolutely bananas. And Mikumo has finally remembered her past

One thing though. I've reached my limit with Bogue. Either he

a) Get's shot down and dies.

b) Get's shot down and is out of commission till the last episode.

c) Succesfully manages to kill a member of Walkure

d) Repents his ways and becomes the president of the "Reina and Makina are Love" fanclub.

But what I'm tired of seeing over and over again is him attacking screaming "Die Walkure" only to get cock blocked in the last second by Hayate, Mirage or whoever. Just stop it already!

Another small gripe I have is the total lack of characterization Mirage is getting. Half of the Windermereans have more lines than her at this point in the story.

Edited by Marzan

I believe Mikumo is Protoculture, more than likely some form of their Anima Spiritia who was put in to cold sleep like !3fty84 mentioned. She won't have a rune since she is not Windermeran. This explains why she was able to put a sock in Ketchup Boys pie hole. I also think she recovered her memories and used her knowledge of the structure to destroy it, because if it was an accident it was definitely well timed.

As for Bogue, I am on board with Marzan his idiotic rantings have pegged out my BS meter. They need to either send him out in flaming glory or have him get caught leering at photos of Reina and drummed out of the Knights in disgrace ( the first one would be my vote).

Mirage definitely needs to step forward and fight for Hayate as mentioned in earlier posts. The writers have seemed to have put her on the back burner as a character.

so, is there going to be a continuation of this ep? Cause the Walkure seem like they are left hanging on an occupied planet again, I hope they aren't magically back on Elysion next episode.

And how is Hayate getting var all of a sudden? I am waiting for the sub here but am concerned the show is taking a serious left turn where things are happening because it is convenient.

I found the first half of the episode a bit boring. I felt I was watching the "undercover" episode all over again. But the second half went absolutely bananas. And Mikumo has finally remembered her past

One thing though. I've reached my limit with Bogue. Either he

a) Get's shot down and dies.

b) Get's shot down and is out of commission till the last episode.

c) Succesfully manages to kill a member of Walkure

d) Repents his ways and becomes the president of the "Reina and Makina are Love" fanclub.

But what I'm tired of seeing over and over again is him attacking screaming "Die Walkure" only to get cock blocked in the last second by Hayate, Mirage or whoever. Just stop it already!

Another small gripe I have is the total lack of characterization Mirage is getting. Half of the Windermereans have more lines than her at this point in the story.

At this point I would like option D. because it would totally gell with his little embrassed outburst last episode. :lol:

so, is there going to be a continuation of this ep? Cause the Walkure seem like they are left hanging on an occupied planet again, I hope they aren't magically back on Elysion next episode.

And how is Hayate getting var all of a sudden? I am waiting for the sub here but am concerned the show is taking a serious left turn where things are happening because it is convenient.

If they teleport back to the Elision (unless we see an actual teleport and get the apropriat wtf Mikumo) I may burst a blood vessel.

I don't think Hyate vared per day more his system was being similarly overstressed like how the calcification (?) spread further on Herman ( or did it start on Cassim?)

I wonder how much power the Protoculture had in their stereo systems.

'cause that ship has a whole lotta subwoofers.

kYSifNa.jpg

They could always deliberately troll us again by starting the next episode back at the Ragna Island Ship having ice cream.

On the second topic, Hayate has been seen to get a not-veins-bursting-out form of Var from Freyja's singing before, when he was powered up during the Keith fight. But like Messer in Episode 10, that form of Var boosted the user's senses and reflexes.

But this time, the ruins are supercharged and multiple people are singing at them, at least one of which is part of a plan to enslave the entire galaxy through mind control. Not too surprising that unexpected things are happening as a result.

Without understanding everything, the only thing I can say is that it went quite the way of the Evangelion movies. One seemingly nonsensical thing happening after another. Will have to wait for subs to get a better grasp on the situation.

Otherwise, it carries on all the positives and negatives of episodes past, so... yeah.

In defense of Bogue;

I think Bogue is once again being maligned. Sure, he goes over the top regularly while trying to whack the Walkure. But that's just his enthusiasm showing. It's a shame that the aerial knights are all about individuals and not teamwork. Look what happened to poor Bogue when he tried to play up Keith's victory, he gets threatened by the guy. Keith should have been reported to HR for that of if it wasn't for the stink of nepotism within the kingdom of Wind.

And you have to admit, Bogue's target make the most sense, no Walkure means automatic Windermere victory. It's too bad Keith is the leader, and is too busy looking for the next Shinigami. If he just helped Bogue with a little teamwork; the Walkure would be dead.

In fact, the only AK who ever tried to help Bogue were the evil twin brothers, and let's face it, they are just red shirts waiting for Arad and Mirage to put them down.

I think eventually Bogue will be recognized for the brilliant and inspires leader that he is, well, actually, he will probably get recognized long after he converts to the head of the Walkure fan club and after he kicks the bucket.

Someone ought to start a Bogue fan club, although that's likely to be a club of one.

Edited by kalvasflam

I know this was a one-off song from JUNNA, but can we keep this ending theme?

-Voldor won't be a problem now. Right? She blew out the speaker, right?

-Hayate now has Var. Seems like Freyja is an enabler to him. That's gonna drive a wedge into their relationship.

-Cassim's eczema seems to be growing the more he's exposed. DEATH FLAG!

Did...

...did Mikumo Rape Heinz...?

Wow..

Mikumo: That's not a high note. THIS IS A HIGH NOTE.

Concerning Bogue. You guys are just getting to that conclusion NOW? I've been ranting about Bogue since the last time we were on Voldor. I'm beyond death-ending for him. I want total humiliation. I want to destroy his pride, then when it is done and his ego is ashes, then he has my permission to die.

Concerning Bogue. You guys are just getting to that conclusion NOW? I've been ranting about Bogue since the last time we were on Voldor. I'm beyond death-ending for him. I want total humiliation. I want to destroy his pride, then when it is done and his ego is ashes, then he has my permission to die.

Bogue good... it's all about the point of view, it's the rest of the Aerial knights that need to die. Only Bogue deserves to survive. He is still the only one on the Windermere side with a lick of common sense. Kill the Walkure, win the war. In this episode, even Keith is starting to come around to that point of view, although, really, Keith, you're like 18 episodes too late.

Say it with me, Bogue is good. You just have to appreciate Bogue for his bogueness. ha ha

Edited by kalvasflam

you know, it finally occurred to me why Heinz will ultimately lose. It's because he has no rhythm or depth. In fact, his entire musical teaching is boiled down to a single song, no wonder people go mad after listening to it for a while. It's like listening to Jingle Bell all day every day through all of Christmas.

You can imagine it... "Heinz, let's sing a Christmas song."

"Ok, I know the right song to sing"

Heinz starts singing.

"No, no, not Jingle Bells again, don't you know any other song?"

"No, I can't, it's the only song I've ever been taught."

After a while, everyone start hating Christmas because they just associate it with Heinz singing Jingle Bell.

Bogue good... it's all about the point of view, it's the rest of the Aerial knights that need to die. Only Bogue deserves to survive.

The other knights have death flags over their heads since this show started. One of them will die of old age by the time the series ends if he doesn't die sooner.

Bogue deserves to be humiliated. BADLY. Then his fate is in the hands of the Protoculture gods.

On another note...

Will someone tell Haya-Haya to stop trashing his planes?

The other knights have death flags over their heads since this show started. One of them will die of old age by the time the series ends if he doesn't die sooner.

Bogue deserves to be humiliated. BADLY. Then his fate is in the hands of the Protoculture gods.

On another note...

Will someone tell Haya-Haya to stop trashing his planes?

Messer's disappointed already for trashing his plane hahaha

With the way Mikumo was zapped at the end of her final solo I'm kinda worried that something very bad just happened to her. Doubly so with the end credits focusing solely on her. I highly doubt it is right, but my first impression was: "Did she just... die?!" Freyja and Hayate'a connection was pretty scary as well!