Walkure Appreciation Thread

So. Say what you will about the music in Delta but I for one find myself singing along (what I understand anyway) and sometimes dancing to the music. I haven't found myself doing that in a long time.

So kudos to the composers, musicians, and singers in this show. Keep up the good work!!

post-6867-0-49993000-1469403351_thumb.jpg

Edited by MisaForever

Quick question as I'm not sure where to ask this so apologies in advance!

Where can I find any videos of the Walkure actresses singing the Delta songs? Or are there any? I thought I was one awhile back but when searching YouTube I can't find anything. :(

Thanks!

Watched both of them here last week. I guess the Middle East isn't region locked from Japan, which is surprising since a lot of stuff from the US is. The music is good but the second videos motif is little strange.

• 1 month later...

The B-Side....

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/19/349621429/the-song-that-never-ends-why-earth-wind-fires-september-sustains

"Using a progression composed by Earth, Wind & Fire guitarist Al McKay, White and Willis wrote the song over the course of a month, conjuring images of clear skies and dancing under the stars."

A shame the authors' aren't Anime fans, sure this would have been a nice addition to the article.

Not a fan of Delta. Not a fan of the idol group thing either. BUT. There were a few songs which were rather good.

I do need to give big big credit on their rendition of "Ai, Oboete Imasu ka" (DYRL) in their latest album release. It might just be tugging at my nostalgia strings, but I was afraid it was going to be butchered. They pulled it off really good, staying mostly true to the feel of the original while incorporating new elements and well 5 voices. Congrats to all who worked on this particular song.

• 1 month later...

Will say, became a big fan since hearing the first opener.

I also just found cdjapan and my wallet is crying. I like the soundtrack for Delta in general and was wondering would it be better to get the OSTs or if I want to support the group (mostly in hopes that Junna continues singing) would it be best to get the two albums they released.

• 4 months later...

I've been playing select pieces from Walkure lately, and I like their rendition of Ai Oboeteimasu Ka better than the Frontier version. From their released stuff of 2 albums  I like only about 13 songs from both, and I play them on loop. The tracks are not as amazing to me as Frontier music, but I still like them. I hope they're practicing and improving their music while there's no new Delta stuff in production. If they improve more it can only mean better music for all of us to enjoy. :)

5 hours ago, hachi said:

I've been playing select pieces from Walkure lately, and I like their rendition of Ai Oboeteimasu Ka better than the Frontier version. From their released stuff of 2 albums  I like only about 13 songs from both, and I play them on loop. The tracks are not as amazing to me as Frontier music, but I still like them. I hope they're practicing and improving their music while there's no new Delta stuff in production. If they improve more it can only mean better music for all of us to enjoy. :)

I would agree with you; Frontier's actual musical arrangement/instrumentals are on a higher level than Delta's, though that's easily explained with who the composer was for a vast majority of Frontier's music.  Given that Delta's whole presence is POP I've been pleasantly surprised with the various musical influences that they managed to weave into the music.  Their latest CD has two new tracks that are not on any of the other CD's or show; one is heavily influenced with a Jazz feel, though the intro is homage to the classical Attack Of TheWalkure song.  There is also a cover of Sheryl's "Long Long Goodbye" by Mikumo; after hearing it, I really wanna see May'n and Junna duet this song together.  Kaname does finally have a Giraffe Blues solo and there is a track of Walkure prior to Freya and Mikumo with Kaname as lead (as seen in the show).

13 hours ago, eXis10z said:

did u guys buy their CD for the newer songs?

I have purchased all "Walkure" albums, 3 thus far; there are more songs or repeats rather on the actual Delta soundtrack releases as well. The Earth, Wind,&Fire (Dancing in September) sampled version of the #10 track on the album Attack is the only song I'm aware of that Victor Entertainment is not actively protecting, guess they are leaving that up to the elements on this side of the pond.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished watching the "Walkure ga tomaranai Live at Yokohama arena". It was better than I expected (because I had low expectations lol). My favorite singer would have to be JUNNA. I really like her voice. Hope she gets to sing other songs not from Macross Delta--branch out like May'n did. Minori is also good. The others (can't remember their names lol) were also cool. My gripe would be that there were less frilly/colorful/adventurous costumes (must be costly making them for 5 people haha). There were more singers still it wasn't as festive as the Macross Frontier concerts in Budokan.

Over-all I hope they get to do more music as a group. It's not Frontier-level music but it's still enjoyable. They're fun to watch live so I also hope to be able to attend a live concert of theirs someday.

1 hour ago, hachi said:

Just finished watching the "Walkure ga tomaranai Live at Yokohama arena". It was better than I expected (because I had low expectations lol). My favorite singer would have to be JUNNA. I really like her voice. Hope she gets to sing other songs not from Macross Delta--branch out like May'n did. Minori is also good. The others (can't remember their names lol) were also cool. My gripe would be that there were less frilly/colorful/adventurous costumes (must be costly making them for 5 people haha). There were more singers still it wasn't as festive as the Macross Frontier concerts in Budokan.

Over-all I hope they get to do more music as a group. It's not Frontier-level music but it's still enjoyable. They're fun to watch live so I also hope to be able to attend a live concert of theirs someday.

JUNNA just released a solo album called Vai! Ya! Vai! last month.

It's not bad, she more tempted than her Walkure album recordings. It's a mix of different styles except for the blues style she did in Giraffe Blues.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, not sure where to ask about this. Have any of you gotten the Banpresto SQ figures of M-Delta? I'm thinking of nabbing the Kaname/Mirage ones but not sure about their quality. Liking the sculpts, though. A bit more meat on those bones, a bit more realistic.

On 8/15/2017 at 1:31 AM, kajnrig said:

Hey, not sure where to ask about this. Have any of you gotten the Banpresto SQ figures of M-Delta? I'm thinking of nabbing the Kaname/Mirage ones but not sure about their quality. Liking the sculpts, though. A bit more meat on those bones, a bit more realistic.

Best place to ask that is on the Macross Figures thread. I remember some members posted photos and comments about them. You just need to flip pages.