Mission 17: Scatter on Stage  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Mikumo has a plan!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I'm about to barf on stage if this keeps going on)

There's been some weird things I've started to notice this late into the series regarding the Zentradi. I could have sworn that that Tochiro, ANN or Crunchyroll mentioned a promotional event where you could turn yourself into a Zentradi that happened last year. Then there was episode 0.89 where fans had to translate the Zentradi alphabet in order to find out the voice cast for the show. But when the shows begins they are only featured prominently for two episodes, and with a new Regult variant, and then we're left with Mirage, Ernest and deculture being used once in a while. What was the point of any of that if they have little to no involvement in the plot?

The Hory Froating Head has planned something maybe.

Edited by Einherjar

So, maybe it's already been said in this or the other Delta threads, but I'm definitely getting a Royd as Roy Batty vibe. I mean, he just wants more life. Don't we all? Even us Terrans with our 70+ lifespan. Of course, in Blade Runner, the replicants only got 4 years and as far as we know, could not themselves, ahem, replicate offspring.

The Windermereams definitely do "burn oh so bright".

Makes me wonder if we'd ever get a scene like this:

I'd really like to know if SK was inspired by Blade Runner in thinking up the Windermereams unique dilemma.

My views on the Protoculture are definitely not getting any fonder. First they create a race of soldiers denied culture, then create all kinds of other experiments forgetting that these are sentient beings they are dealing with, and finally they leave doomsday weapons lying around to wipe out their experiments just so they don't have to deal with the mess created like they had with their toy soldiers. What a-holes.

God i hope this means Bandai gets to make one as a toy...

Well , the VF-4 had a few seconds just flying in DYRL and we got a toy. The VF-22 was involved in a major plot point and a prime motivator for the Windemereans to seek revenge on NUNS. Kawamori could have used any valk, or even a non-transforming aircraft, to drop the bomb, but he used the VF-22. I doubt it was coincidence. After making the VF-19 for Frontier, I bet Bandai were chomping at the bit to have a go at the 22. All they need is an appearance in Delta for justification. That's fine by me. :D

Interesting ep. I did a double take when "Dickculture" showed up in the subtitles. Pretty much sums up the episode. ;) The scene with the Windemereans watching Walkure vids and getting caught was pretty amusing.

As far as the romance angle goes, the question of her age aside, I think they've gone to pains to show that Hayate and Freyja have a unique connection, and given her short lifespan, personally, I'd like to see those two end up together eventually. From the get-go, they complimented each other. I think Mirage makes a good friend and confidant for Hayate, the way they've portrayed their relationship thus far. I normally don't comment on the romantic aspects, but this ep struck a chord with me.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Well , the VF-4 had a few seconds just flying in DYRL and we got a toy. The VF-22 was involved in a major plot point and a prime motivator for the Windemereans to seek revenge on NUNS. Kawamori could have used any valk, or even a non-transforming aircraft, to drop the bomb, but he used the VF-22. I doubt it was coincidence. After making the VF-19 for Frontier, I bet Bandai were chomping at the bit to have a go at the 22. All they need is an appearance in Delta for justification. That's fine by me. :D

The VF-22 is a stealth fighter as well, probably the stealthiest VF even to this day. It makes sense that it would be used for this type of mission. I'd wager that it was this reasoning, not so much merchandising, that led to its inclusion in the show. That being said, there's no reason both can't be true.

If something needs to be in toy form its that older model Sv that came before the Sv-262.

But the F-104 Star Fighter fuselage does not really have much bulk to encompass a transforming robot. ^_^