Macross Delta Scramble

Tochiro

Huh? My 31A (the one with delta wings) was grey.

Do you play with the pre-order stuff on a JPN psn account? That might explains the Itasha VF because it's a first-print bonus. I don't have it because I'm playing my copy on a NA account.

I think the grey 31A with delta wings unlocks after doing 10 or so missions in Chaos line.

That VF-31A is the free DLC edition. Like all the DLC craft it comes with free unlocks to 100% which is a huge time and money saver. but of course you get stuck with the itasha art.

The Itasha VF-31A is 100% identical to the reg VF-31A in terms of starting stats and all weapon options. It is unlocked by just downloading the DLC.

It's a great craft if you can get past the Itasha. The reg VF-31A looks way better though, especially with Super packs on hehe.

Just wait until you unlock Makina and her infinite ammo super. it pretty much makes any craft with guns and rapid-fire missiles like the VF-31A unstoppable. 

Hehe pretty much she's the only support I used throughout all of chaos. As I unlocked more Walkure I Just added them to makina's support slots and it was EZ mode.

You will HATE going from that to Windermere where there's no comparable support to Makina. I actually had to get good at the game at that point :o

If you love Vita enough, get the handheld version, even if just for this game. They are getting cheaper in the 2nd hand market and the prospect of Macross Anywhere, anytime with ability to just put system to sleep on a dime and pick up right where you left off leads to VERY efficient macross-ing on the Go

My train rides alone have allowed me to SS every mission and max out quiet a few ships.

BTW here's how the 31A looks in game :D (you can take beautiful screen shots direct from VITA handheld by pressing PS button and start. And.. holy crap I noticed screenies taken on Vita automatically attach the big west copyright... that's legit!)

You can imagine just how beautiful it looks on a small hand-held screen

2017-02-15-202352.jpg.6c62ccf93a027ddbd9c496759acd5db9.jpg

2017-02-15-202443.jpg.c7abe8e7dc606d369cddc488e6e9af4c.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Back in 2008 I got a PSP to play Macross Ace Frontier, then Macross Ultimate Frontier, then Macross Triangle Frontier. I carried my PSP daily from 2008 to 2012 and played the sh*t outta those 3 games.

Haven't used my PSP since 2012 though and on recently digging it outta a drawer where it's been for the last 5 years unused, I found the start button has died. Took it to the local Sony Playstation service center yesterday, but they said they haven't serviced any PSPs for 3 years and don't even have parts anymore :(. Another repair shop quoted me HK$750 for repair (US$96). I could probably get a new one for not much more than that!

Anyway, no burning desire to get a handheld Vita, I'm quite happy with my PSTV so far, got it set up in my bedroom, so I can play Macross Delta Scramble on my bedroom TV while laying in bed....hahaha. I guess I've just kinda lost the desire to carry around a handheld system, plus too many other things need money.....urghhhh

I probably won't buy any other games for the PSTV unless another Macross game is released for it.

I have a habit of buying game systems just because a Macross game is released for it. My Superfamicom, Playstation, Dreamcast, PS2 and PS3 were all bought specifically to play Macross games (although of course I did buy other games for them as well), but it's safe to say if not for a Macross game being released for those systems, I may not have bought them.....hahaha

6 hours ago, Graham said:

I have a habit of buying game systems just because a Macross game is released for it. My Superfamicom, Playstation, Dreamcast, PS2 and PS3 were all bought specifically to play Macross games (although of course I did buy other games for them as well), but it's safe to say if not for a Macross game being released for those systems, I may not have bought them.....hahaha

I have to admit I only bought the PS3 for Macross 30 and I still to this day haven't bought another game for the system O_o

I would buy a Ps4 if it had macross too -_- Can get a second-hand one for around the price of a Dx Valk these days so.....

Edited by Duymon

I gotta say after buying this game, if you haven't bought it yet and were on the fence about buying it like I was, go and buy it, it's a great game.

If you've played and liked the PSP MAF/MUF/MTF games and liked them, you'll love this. It's similar, but better graphics and the VFs handle better than the PSP games IMO.

My only complaint is I wish the maps were 2 x or 3 x larger and of course I'd love more VFs and full campaigns for all eras.

I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody can help me with, relating to playing Macross Delta Scramble using a PSTV with Dualshock 3 controller:.

(1) I noticed in the Hangar where you tune your VFs and weapons using TP that most VFs are shown as having 5 weapons in total (1 x main weapon, 3 x sub weapons & 1 x melee attack). However, using the Dualshock 3 controller, I only can switch between two of the sub weapons during missions using the right D-pad key. I cannot access the third sub weapon at all. I've noticed that if I press the right D-pad key and Select at the same time it will eject Super Parts if they are equipped (but that is all it does). So is their really a third sub-weapon? And if yes, how do I switch to it using the Dual shock 3 controller? I've tried going into the menu to configure the controls, but the menu control config is set around the handheld Vita, not the Dual Shock 3,so I don't seem to be able to reassign any controls.

(2) I noticed in Zoroastres menu translations, there is a "Command Ally" function button on the Vita, but again using the Dual Shock 3 controller, I don't seem to have access to this at all. Anybody know if their is a combination of buttons on the Dualshock 3 controller that will allow me to access it?

• 3 weeks later...

How easy is it to swap accounts on the PSTV? Can you just power it down and replace the memory card, or do you have to reformat the whole system each time?

I've been using a second PSV for Macross Delta and a few PSN games, but I'd kind of like to sell it for a PSTV before the value of the Vita depreciates into oblivion.

From what I understand, if you are using a memory card in a PSTV, it's just swapping the memory card to switch between accounts, but I'm not 100% sure.

I just use the internal memory on my PSTV, I didn't even bother getting a memory card for mine. But I'm not planning to play any other games on it anyway. So I guess for me, as I use internal memory, I may need to reformat, if I ever wanted to change accounts.

Love the level of detail in this game. Was flying my VF-31A in a mission and decided to use the right stick to pan the camera around the fighter mode. Was looking at the underside of the plane and switched to the Beamgun pod and the barrel shroud opens up and slides forward to clear the groin piece, just like it does in fighter mode in the anime (if like me you slow mo the action scenes in the anime you'll have noticed this)

Just started playing Delta Scramble this weekend and I love it! I had not played these portable Macross games since Macross Ace Frontier. I started playing on my NA PSN account but remembered I made a JP PSN account years ago and recovered it. Got some ¥PSN cards and im gonna download both DLC packs today when I get home from work today. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man I really hope this game did well in Japan so that we can get more Vita Macross Goodness. I already completed the game twice (once on NA account, again on JP acct so I could get all the DLC) and I wouldn't mind completing it a third time if hell froze over and the game came to the switch.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, UN Spacy said:

I still need to buy this game...AND a Vita. :(

Hopefully my room mate will come through and get the PSTV kit I want. I really want to play this game.

I have the "Rune Pika" edition. Right now there are 3 DLCs for this game at the PS Store. I've downloaded the free DLC and the 1,000 + yen DLC. Do I still have to download the 5,000 + yen DLC even if I'm using the "Rune Pika" edition? (I'm assuming that this 3rd DLC worth 5,000 + yen is for the regular game that wants to upgrade to the "Rune Pika" edition)

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:00 AM, Bub said:

I have the "Rune Pika" edition. Right now there are 3 DLCs for this game at the PS Store. I've downloaded the free DLC and the 1,000 + yen DLC. Do I still have to download the 5,000 + yen DLC even if I'm using the "Rune Pika" edition? (I'm assuming that this 3rd DLC worth 5,000 + yen is for the regular game that wants to upgrade to the "Rune Pika" edition)

The 5K dlc is the rune pika content. I just got my pstv yesterday and need to find the free dlc in the store.

Enjoying the game so far, Makina is so OP it's beautiful.  

Update: Ok I binged last night and did all the first half of the Kaos campaign and all the specials unlocked by them. I should have gotten into import games long ago cause this game is a blast.

Favorite fight was so far was against Isamu, other then the music choice (changing it next time to Information High) it was right out of the OVA/Movie. Almost lost due to time, but damn it was fun.

Edited by Focslain

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Graham said:

I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody can help me with, relating to playing Macross Delta Scramble using a PSTV with Dualshock 3 controller:.

(1) I noticed in the Hangar where you tune your VFs and weapons using TP that most VFs are shown as having 5 weapons in total (1 x main weapon, 3 x sub weapons & 1 x melee attack). However, using the Dualshock 3 controller, I only can switch between two of the sub weapons during missions using the right D-pad key. I cannot access the third sub weapon at all. I've noticed that if I press the right D-pad key and Select at the same time it will eject Super Parts if they are equipped (but that is all it does). So is their really a third sub-weapon? And if yes, how do I switch to it using the Dual shock 3 controller? I've tried going into the menu to configure the controls, but the menu control config is set around the handheld Vita, not the Dual Shock 3,so I don't seem to be able to reassign any controls.

(2) I noticed in Zoroastres menu translations, there is a "Command Ally" function button on the Vita, but again using the Dual Shock 3 controller, I don't seem to have access to this at all. Anybody know if their is a combination of buttons on the Dualshock 3 controller that will allow me to access it?

I know this is a little late and sure that you figured this out yourself since the post was done, but for new readers...

1) In the weapon tunning menu, the weapons shown are (from top to bottom) gunpod, sub-weapon 1, sub-weapon 2, special attack, melee.

2) On the dual shock the command ally is L2, target lock on/off is R2 (Zoroastes was already notified of this in the translation thread).

As for choosing the ally order I'm not sure personally yet. But I'm going to start testing some things in the coming month to help fill a few holes in the translation guide.  

On 5/5/2017 at 3:19 AM, Focslain said:

2) On the dual shock the command ally is L2, target lock on/off is R2 (Zoroastes was already notified of this in the translation thread).

Yeah, that was me who posted about this and like what Zoroastres mentioned, it it would be better to PM him for faster reply.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, Bub said:

Yeah, that was me who posted about this and like what Zoroastres mentioned, it it would be better to PM him for faster reply.

Already did a week ago. I'm going to see about getting rough translations of the paid dlc stuff later. Just need sit down and work on it. Also need to get my sister to help since I don't read a lick of kanji.

So I've almost got all the trophies and decided to try something different.

I tried to play as Barsara, this guy is wierd, as in playstyle the jury is hung on as an actual character.

So anyone else try him and know how he works cause his damage is all over the place.

• 7 months later...

I know, this is an "old game" already but I was just wondering...

I have the PS Vita game cartridge , used it on my PSTV with Japanese account, updated and downloaded all the stuff I can...  The question is: Are all the updates and downloaded files inside the game cartridge?

Let me rephrase that question: If I use that same PS Vita game cartridge using my regular English PS account, will it play with all the updates and DLCs?