Macross Delta Scramble

Tochiro

My understanding is that yes, you can play it on a PSTV.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone here who is interested in the game but hasn't bought it yet, it is currently for sale on Amazon.co.jp for significantly cheaper than elsewhere, and the *do* ship overseas.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01J9FYMBY/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

45% off is pretty damned good.

Thanks for the heads up. I just created my Amazon JP account and purchased the game. I will first have to finish the SNES games I was playing on my Vita before formatting it and setting up a JP PSN Account

Thanks for the heads up. I just created my Amazon JP account and purchased the game. I will first have to finish the SNES games I was playing on my Vita before formatting it and setting up a JP PSN Account

SNES games? How do you play SNES games in your Vita?

SNES games? How do you play SNES games in your Vita?

There's an exploit called Henkaku, which is pretty straightforward. Just go to:

https://henkaku.xyz/ on your Vita browser

and it will install itself, allowing you to transfer emulators via FTP.

I'm not sure it it still works, though. I haven't turned my Vita off since I installed it.

My understanding is that yes, you can play it on a PSTV.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone here who is interested in the game but hasn't bought it yet, it is currently for sale on Amazon.co.jp for significantly cheaper than elsewhere, and the *do* ship overseas.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01J9FYMBY/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

45% off is pretty damned good.

Wow nice! Total about $52 CAD for me. Way cheaper than playaisa's $90+ CAD.

The 2nd half free DLC and a paid DLC pack is out on PSN now.

Woah, major difficulty spike with the new missions. Even with maxed out cf valks (sv-252 and vf-31) and pilots, just clearing is a challenge.

Probably need to level up better valks and cheese out on songstress supports and synergies to SS the new missions.

P.s. I'm amused they couldn't be bothered to draw two new frames of animation needed for Var'd out Hayate, so everytime he goes Var, his portrait switches to SOUND ONLY.

Edited by hulagu

I Just reset my PS VITA to my JP acct and started from scratch. Gonna be fun grinding again.

Plan is to max out the YF-30 and go ham on the new missions because the YF-30 blast missile spam + walkure Makina infinite ammo heal super is Overpowered :D

I just finished the game a 2nd time with the new DLC a well.

Game is still really easy if you have any valk that uses blast missiles. YF-30 gets both versions of blast missiles so it's kinda retarded.

I've got SS on almost every mission but Still haven't figured out how to use the 3rd subweapon that always shows up in the upgrade screen lol

Anybody know of a master translation list for the Mecha and Songstress support options? Or an ordered one?

What, specifically, do you mean by "support options"? I've already got all of the support skills in the translation guide. I'm not really sure there's much need for aircraft sp skill info, as that's all pretty much the same (fire lots of guns/missiles). Or are you talking about the little stat bonuses that support characters give improving as they level up?

Edited by Zoroastres

I just finished the game a 2nd time with the new DLC a well.

Game is still really easy if you have any valk that uses blast missiles. YF-30 gets both versions of blast missiles so it's kinda retarded.

I've got SS on almost every mission but Still haven't figured out how to use the 3rd subweapon that always shows up in the upgrade screen lol

The 3rd sub weapon is L+circle, which also costs 1 SP to use.

The 3rd sub weapon is L+circle, which also costs 1 SP to use.

welp... what a useless weapon to buff then since the ammo is so scarce :0

I just downloaded the 1080 yen DLC and finished it in one sitting.

I DO like the additions though. Max VF-1J, Aesha VF-19, VF-25S/G and all 3 VF-22's to name a few.

I hope that this macross title is successful enough that they can do future Macross titles on the Vita.

Edited by Duymon

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, skiman94 said:

Do I have to reset my vita to a a japanese account when i try and get the DLC or can I download to my ps3 Japanese account and then transfer to my American ps vita account

You can use your PS3 JPN account with a new memory card (or willing to format your only card) to switch your vita to JPN region and buy the DLC.

And no, you cannot transfer the DLC to your US account.

16 hours ago, skiman94 said:

Do I have to reset my vita to a a japanese account when i try and get the DLC or can I download to my ps3 Japanese account and then transfer to my American ps vita account

unfortunately the Vita works differently than the PS 3 / 4 and you're forced to single-account your vita. Basically, you choose to keep your american acct and forgo DLC or you switch your vita 100% to JP and enjoy the DLC.

The extra dlc is actually pretty decent. Like 10 bucks and you get a bunch of extra missions and a lot of nice ships.

• 1 month later...

I'd never even heard of PSTV until I read this thread, now I'm seriously thinking of buying one, so I can play Delta Scramble.

I've no interest in buying a handheld Vita, it's expensive just to play one game and I really don't want to have to carry a second electronic device around as well as my smartphone. 

However, with the PSTV being about half the price of a handheld Vita, I can more easily justify the cost to myself. 

And besides, I'd rather play Delta Scramble on a big screen TV.

Delta Scramble purchased today and a PSTV ordered.

Couldn't find a PSTV retail in the dozen game shops near my work, all sold out, so had to order online. Unfortunately, the PSTV wasn't as cheap as I'd hoped, as it has been discontinued, so prices are creeping up. Still cheaper than a Vita though.

Hopefully it will arrive before the weekend, so I can get some game time in at the weekend.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:15 PM, Dio said:

Any way we could petition the developer to include an English subs/text option? That would have been relatively low-impact but could have made a huge difference for Macross 30.

Thanks to the bitch that's called Harmony Gold, Macross can't be released anywhere else other than Japan. Thus making the effort of translation and coding English sub into game a total wasted effort to the dev.

Yeah PSN is retarded.

U can only use Japanese CC  / paypal for direct billing on ur JP PSN acct. YOu can easily nab codes on Ebay for little to no markup.

Also, u have to learn to navigate the PSN store entirely in Japanese as there's no English optoin for the PS store for JP accts (or at least I never tried looking for the english option since I can read Japanese anyways)

Edited by Duymon

So, got the PSTV set up last night. Managed to create a Japanese PSN account  and then get the paid and free DLC downloaded and installed without too much problems, despite not reading a word of Japanese. I didn't even have to re-watch the "how to" videos that I watched at the weekend. 

By the time I got everything set up it was quite late though, so I only played through the 3 tutorial missions and the first of the Chaos missions. Gotta say it felt good to be back on Ouroboros for the tutorial missions, felt like coming home and made me nostalgic for Macross 30..........maybe anther play through is in my future,........hahaha.

Anyway, was quite impressed with Macross Delta Scramble so far. The control set up is really good on the PS3 controller and it looks pretty good playing it on my bedroom TV. So glad I decided to get a PSTV and not a handheld Vita to play this.

Have to say ArtDink have improved a lot since their PSP MAF/MUF/MTF days. There's more of a feeling of controlling a Valk combat in fighter mode is much improved and I really like the map on the first mission.