51 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Wife is OUT OF TOWN this weekend and I'm STOKED for the 2nd half of Season 4 cranked up on the system!!! Soooo good! 

Pizza, popcorn and some drinks for Stranger Things Vol.2 Enjoy your weekend!! B))

Just finished Episode 8.

Lotta set-up, and am I the only one saying, “Nope” to a lot of the Hawkins crew’s plans?

The Duffers are definitely setting up the table for some death, with all the quiet character bits, so let’s see if they can deliver.

Lastly,

Spoiler

idiots need to listen to Dr. Owens. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Also, calling it now (based on the flashback):  love is the emotion El has to draw from to beat Vecna/Henry/One.

EDIT:  Yeah, that was a satisfying end to the season.  :good:

Edited by Mog

8 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I wonder how soon they'll have season 5 finished? That being said I'm placing my subscription to Netflix on pause for a while, too pricey and we already watched the good content.

The second and third seasons were roughly 1 year and 2 years apart so that time range is a good estimate to go by.

Am I the only one thankful

Spoiler

that little sh*t basketball captain got cut in half?

Breaking Max’s Walkman was the “Yeah, his ass needs to die” turning point.

6 hours ago, Mog said:

Am I the only one thankful

Hide contents

that little sh*t basketball captain got cut in half?

Breaking Max’s Walkman was the “Yeah, his ass needs to die” turning point.

We ALL cheered for that scene!! 

Obi Wan vs Darth Vader re-match of the century?...laughable

The Boys Herogasm episode...meh

Ok....of all the shows that kept hyping up their season with their must-see "moneyshot" scene....none delivered IMO as much as the "Most Metal Concert Ever" scene did in Stranger Things Season 4 Part 2...maybe it was just the nostalgia...but who cares...the scene was epic, especially for early Metallica fans...

Great season with enough unanswered questions to keep me hanging on for a bit more. And I love how the Duffer brothers sketch their characters.

Spoiler

They also have no qualms letting go of good characters when it suits the story—oh how I wanted both Max and Eddie to make it through after what happened last season. It was a pipe dream for sure, but I was still rooting for everyone.

I’m very curious to see what’s in store for Maxine now, though.

Spoiler

So will Max make a full recovery OR is Vecna living inside of her? This was my first reaction when I saw her in the hospital. 

Stranger Things is possibly one of the best original series made, not without some flaws here and there but overall I've really enjoyed it and Season 4 might just be the best. Now the waiting game for Season 5.

Regarding the spoiler, yeah, those are two possibilities.

I just hope they don’t unnecessarily stretch out the whole Jonathan hiding his college situation from Nancy or Will’s hidden feelings for the entirety of Season 5.

Mm. It is possible.

Here’s my take on the end:

Spoiler

Vecna needed Max to die to forward his plan with the gates. Since he accomplished that much, El flipping the script and using her powers to heal rather than to attack/defend came about too late for Max’s full recovery and to halt Vecna’s plan.

I think the scene at the end where El is trying to connect with Max’s consciousness in the shadows shows how Max took more than physical damage from Vecna’s final attack. It will take more than just physical healing to get her back to her friends.

In the final battle this season, Vecna was thrown from Max and then chased away by Steve’s group in the Upside Down. I agree that he is hiding but I think he is somewhere else in that other version of Hawkins—maybe using the creatures of that universe to keep him under cover as he regains strength. Will’s ability to sense Vecna makes this seem all the more plausible.

Heh. But what’s even more frightening about this scenario is how those fissures in the human world change the rules. Vecna said that he wanted his own doorways and now he has a portal system that El cannot simply close like the others. He has the ability to go anywhere in the Upside Down—hide wherever he wants rather than tying himself to his compromised old home—and use this new system to bring over more monsters from the other side.

Edited by technoblue

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Overall it was a good season. And the one thing I’m most glad about is not having to hear that annoying running up a hill song for a while.

😘

A quiet outro for arguably the best sequence of the entire season:

Good season overall. I liked the villain switch-up even if it shrank the mysterious realm of the Upside Down somewhat. An antangonist that was slightly more human that can actually communicate more with the protagonists felt like a good addition.

Maybe cut down the running time of the episodes next season though. The final episode was a marathon that I kept wondering when it would end.

Edited by pablumatic

4 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Good season overall. I liked the villain switch-up even if it shrank the mysterious realm of the Upside Down somewhat. An antangonist that was slightly more human that can actually communicate more with the protagonists felt like a good addition.

Maybe cut down the running time of the episodes next season though. The final episode was a marathon that I kept wondering when it would end.

The episode length was a bit tough for me to fit schedule wise. Most of the episodes were an hour and a half. They were almost as long as movies. The last episode I had to stop at the hour mark and watched the next hour and twenty minutes or so the next day.  I never felt bored though, just a bit nervous I would run out of time while things were getting good.

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@Big s - Agreed. The length was trying at times for those of us with hectic schedules. I'd prefer more  roughly one hour episodes and then split the finale in half if you have to. 

Yeah, 2 hours and almost a half is really long for a single episode . I enjoyed it though, but like I said above I had to split it

I think the creators were surprised by the negativity to the long episodes. They were like "it's on streaming, you can stop it whenever you like." Even so, it's sooo much easier to stop it when it actually is transitioning to a new episode and there seemed like a couple spots they could have split it up. There were only two aspects I didn't really love:

Spoiler

Going back to the jail they broke out of. I don't know why exactly but I would have rather it just been a longer scene there then have them leave and come back.

Second was the ending. I thought after Max was brought back the rift would close because Vecna only had the three kills. Then we go to the town and it's an earthquake and people are going about there business so I'm imagining there are some cracks on the ground. I liked the ending right up until they go to Hopper's house. Hop would not be back yet, he'd have lots of debriefing to go through, but that's fine, they get to have a big emotional reunion. Then we get the last shot and the gate is open and glowing. If that were the case, wouldn't the government be doing mandatory evacuations? It's like they just went a couple minutes too long... leave it at Will's foreboding chat. 

Bonus thing I didn't like - the vigilante kid in the letterman jacket dies so quickly I totally missed it. 

52 minutes ago, jenius said:

Second was the ending. I thought after Max was brought back the rift would close because Vecna only had the three kills.

Spoiler

Technically they’re counting the time that her heart stopped as the fourth death 

Yeah,

Spoiler

Jason's death happened way too quick!

I had to go back and rewatch it again. (chuckle)

The run time was alright for me, as I wasn't feeling like it was dragging. Much.

As for the

Spoiler

villain switch, I wish they had kept the Mind Flayer as the big bad. I prefer that ancient manifestation of evil over an exiled psycho with delusions of grandeur.

He's still a kick-arse villain.

Spoiler

I hope he's not hiding in Max though, as she's going to have more than enough to overcome next season, from possible brain damage, to paralysis, and/or blindness. Girl got hit hard! I do wonder if she might end up with a link to Vecna, something that may be exploited by either side. Or maybe something akin to Elle's powers, seeing how she was brought back while in the In Between. Maybe a blind seer type?

One thing I wish

Spoiler

is that they would punch-up the displays of power. It still consists of Elle just holding her arm out and having a nose bleed, which made her battle with Vecna feel a bit anti-climactic.

And then Eddie's Full Metal Concert! That was awesome! Like a concert from hell. In that way it was very similar, energy-wise, to the duet sung by Dustin and Suzie. Loved it!

Spoiler

Just a shame he died though. Another great character that I didn't want to see ended.

And I finally placed the face of the girl playing Vickie! It wasn't until she was in a full conversation with Robyn, mannerisms and all, that I realized it was the girl from Anne With an E, Amybeth McNulty. Another fine actor added to an already great cast.

Now I just have to wait for season 5 to see how it all comes to an end.

Great season! Definitely back to form after a rather meh season 3. I'm interested in how they wrap things up, it's been a fun ride for sure, but I'm glad the show isn't being strung out too long, nothing kills interest in a show faster then keeping it alive longer then necessary. 

• 3 months later...