Minmay's Last Message - July 7, 2016

RDX17

Today, July 7, 2016, marks the date of the final message received from the SDF-2 Megaroad-1.

Although the message may not be official Macross canon, I thought commemorating the date in this manner would be fun.

Taken from Wikipedia, regarding "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?" Playstation game:

There was a mail-in gift only for the first releases of the PlayStation version of the video game that offered one "what-if?" scenario. The gift was a music-playing card in the design of the crucial Protoculture music plate that Misa Hayase found in the movie. On this card was the purported last message from Lynn Minmay aboard the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 colonization ship before it disappeared, according to the official Macross continuity.

The new audio dialogue was recorded for the video game by singer/songwriter Mari Iijima, who played Minmay in both the Macross animated TV series and the movie adaptation. The message said that the ship was about to investigate a black hole at the center of the galaxy. However, given that this story comes from a not-for-sale extra for a game based on what is considered a "historical" dramatization within Macross, it is not the final word on Hikaru, Misa and Minmay fates according to series creator Shoji Kawamori.

Macross World member Sketchley has provided a translation of the message from the above mentioned card here: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/OTother/MinmeiLastMessage.php

Edited by RDX17

Huh, interesting. It's really too bad we were all killed in 2009.

Ah, I'm ashamed to admit it took me a while to grasp what you meant: the Zentradi bombardment of Earth in episode 27.

Any idea what day in 2009 that took place?

Edited by RDX17

Yeah, that belongs to me Tochiro didn't even give me credit.

Oh snap! What's your special Mospeads mission you've been on?

Can't wait to hear about it in a future episode.

Ah, I'm ashamed to admit it took me a while to grasp what you meant: the Zentradi bombardment of Earth in episode 27.

Any idea what day in 2009 that took place?

It was in 2010... February 11th, at some point prior to 1100 hours Macross standard time.

Edited by Seto Kaiba