MΔ Workroid

Xigfrid

Since I am still waiting for the yellow spray can I couldn't finish the legs and forearms... But I couldn't help assembling it together for a temporary display. There are detailling bits missing but I think it looks pretty cute already!

Cute it is.

How do the parts fit together (especially on the joint) ? As from what I understand, the 3D printing itself has inaccuracies.

I use SLS printers (through Shapeways) and from experience I got not more than 0.2mm errors which are easily rectified by a quick sanding or priming. For instance, I made pre-drilled holes of 1mm diameter for the screws on the model and all of them (30+) were perfectly printed.

I guess you will seat a 1/60 Hayate figure from the DX when it comes out!

If I can get one... I didn't made it during the pre-orders.

By the way, how do you create the sketchup 3D file ?

Do you use the 3-view drawing as reference ?

3-view is a must: it can prevent you to go off the dimensions or guide you to the perfect curves. Unfortunately there is no schematics for the for the Workroid so I had to make one from scratch.

I just noticed that the Workroid has the double antennae inherited from the Aliens Power Loader. These seem to be a requirement on these types of machines...

(In Aliens, the antennae were actually cables used to suspend the full size prop from the soundstage ceiling)

I just noticed that the Workroid has the double antennae inherited from the Aliens Power Loader. These seem to be a requirement on these types of machines...

(In Aliens, the antennae were actually cables used to suspend the full size prop from the soundstage ceiling)

Too bad that the Workroid wasn't featured more in the TV show... Perhaps we will see more in the movie (if it ever comes)

• 1 month later...

I have been lazy lately so the quality of the shots are very low due to poor lightning conditions and the phone camera...

I have also updated 1st post accordingly.

what you need is a green screen or a green kitchen...