Mission 13: Diving Passion  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Macross Ely .... FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (My passion for this show took a nose dive a long time ago)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 13 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Bravo!

Mid series climax!

Dimension bomb explosion! NUNS decision kills many of both side...

Destroyed protoculture ruins trigger folding appearance of a base structure that ca dock Siger Valens, it transformed like a bird man!

Delta05 total lost, so Hayate get into Delta02.

And Freyja's song power finally empowered Hayate to shot down Keith.

Finally Elysion fire its Macross cannon, hit its bridge and the old King is gone.

Edited by CRYO

I was expecting the ruins to be like Rax where there is structure underground when they blow it up but not hidden in Fold Space like in Ouroboros. Keith got beat. King is dead. Sigur Valens damaged. Chaos and Barrete city had to retreat for now. Mind control thwarted.

Roid is in charge. Now lies the question of succession. Keith or Heinz? Keith is first born but gave up being prince. Heinz may not live long and is the legitimate heir.

Edited by RedWolf

EPICCCC!!!!!!This most epic dogfight ever and Finally Hayate become next Shinigami. Messer Going to be proud of you Hayate as he surpass you by defeating White Knight Keith. I hope he got scar on his face Also epic Macross maneuver and his Macross cannon 11/10. Also with damage ship. I think Windermere plan has been thwarted for now

By the way I knew there third party/conspiracy going on as that shady NUNS officer Happy to see ruin true form and gather data from ruin and left the planet immediately I think there something fishy going on.

me likey... mech with little cheese but...

my biggest question is: DID CHUCK'S SISTER MAKE IT????????????

as much as an Aerial Knight ass-kicking is timely, i'm not digging the super saiyan power-up route. end justifies the means & all, & can't say I didn't see it coming, but i wanna see skillz vs skillz & it's a travesty that in all 10+ eps Keith goes undefeated & suddenly, all you need is... this?

If Chuck's sister doesn't become some sorta rebel militia leader to the Ragnan survivors I will be mildly disappointed. Who knew it wasnt going to be Chuck to get Kakazaki'd but his sister who really had nothing to do with the fight. That was a pretty low move be the NUNS they probably took out more of their own guys then the enemy.

Im really starting to feel sorry for the VF-171's they're cannon fodder to both sides even their own.

I guess Haya-haya managed to nail Keith cause he was distracted by a falling glowing singing Freyja hurtling towards him.

And I really hope they paint the 31F blue but I really doubt it

Edited by ManhattanProject972

can someone make gif from elysion action? so elysion has "normal" robo hand the carrier are just shield and cannon :D by the way how long to fix that two boom that destroyed by sigur valens cannon? or they just replace the boom with new one ? on quarter its called baster L & baster R right?

EPICCCC!!!!!!This most epic dogfight ever and Finally Hayate become next Shinigami. Messer Going to be proud of you Hayate as he surpass you by defeating White Knight Keith. I hope he got scar on his face Also epic Macross maneuver and his Macross cannon 11/10. Also with damage ship. I think Windermere plan has been thwarted for now

By the way I knew there third party/conspiracy going on as that shady NUNS officer Happy to see ruin true form and gather data from ruin and left the planet immediately I think there something fishy going on.

perhaps that NUNS officer are now targetting other ruins to detonate it and try to analyze them all for weaponization

If Chuck's sister doesn't become some sorta rebel militia leader to the Ragnan survivors I will be mildly disappointed. Who knew it wasnt going to be Chuck to get Kakazaki'd but his sister who really had nothing to do with the fight. That was a pretty low move be the NUNS they probably took out more of their own guys then the enemy.

Im really starting to feel sorry for the VF-171's they're cannon fodder to both sides even their own.

I guess Haya-haya managed to nail Keith cause he was distracted by a falling glowing singing Freyja hurtling towards him.

And I really hope they paint the 31F blue but I really doubt it

Freya's singing even put Keith into the same state as hayate, I thk that really was a shock to Keith's composure. After how he planned his move in killing messer it's his turn to be surprised for hayate to blast him hehe...

But I do hope that the 31f stays the way it is as its a nice stealth color...the question now is will there b another d05?

Edited by seti88

Nice mid season ending. It looks like space nomadic life for the Chaos fleet from here on. It's like the rebels on the run. Elysion in action was badass. Throwback to DYRL there. So you guys think Hayate will keep 02 as it is, or will it be recolored to 05 colors with Shinigami marking? Or maybe the traditional white and red scheme? Looking forward to the next episode. Really the only complaint I have is the lack of battroid and transformations during battle, but I guess they'll save that for the space battles.

me likey... mech with little cheese but...

my biggest question is: DID CHUCK'S SISTER MAKE IT????????????

as much as an Aerial Knight ass-kicking is timely, i'm not digging the super saiyan power-up route. end justifies the means & all, & can't say I didn't see it coming, but i wanna see skillz vs skillz & it's a travesty that in all 10+ eps Keith goes undefeated & suddenly, all you need is... this?

I hope she manages to drop into the water to escape the blast somehow at the last minute.

But yea kinda expected more fight from Keith but Freya's singing threw an unexpected twist to the battle so there is an element of surprise there that wasn't in the Keith/messer fights, that may have distracted Keith.

Edited by seti88

HOLY HELL what an episode!!!

I agree with Sebastian...you're a damn troll if you voted negative.

I presume there is a decent amount of mecha action this week?

NO. None at all. :rolleyes:

HOLY HELL what an episode!!!

I agree with Sebastian...you're a damn troll if you voted negative.

That was frickin amazing!

and agree x 2

GIFS of some of the awesomenes

post-17939-0-43075700-1466961854.gif

post-17939-0-24994200-1466962011_thumb.gif

Quick-viewing.

It was okay. Nice way to end the mid-season, but story-wise...

-Had a feeling the cannons were the carriers. They probably need both carriers for a proper cannon shot.

-King is dead. Long live the king. Meh. The king was past his expiration date so him dying serves little. OTHERWISE, no one else died except for red-shirts. BORING.

-Windermere still won. Secured Ragna ruins? Check. Besides a little damage to the bridge of Sigur Valens, it's still functional. NUNS' plan to blow-up the ruins only reveals a dock for Sigur Valens. Well, that didn't work. Ragnans now have to run until Ragna can be liberated.

Now Haya-Haya has lost 1 entire fighter and damaged the backup. "Your piloting is writing checks your ass can't cash." At least we'll get to see the VF-31F use a different mode other than fighter now.

Quick-viewing.

It was okay. Nice way to end the mid-season, but story-wise...

-Had a feeling the cannons were the carriers. They probably need both carriers for a proper cannon shot.

-King is dead. Long live the king. Meh. The king was past his expiration date so him dying serves little. OTHERWISE, no one else died except for red-shirts. BORING.

-Windermere still won. Secured Ragna ruins? Check. Besides a little damage to the bridge of Sigur Valens, it's still functional. NUNS' plan to blow-up the ruins only reveals a dock for Sigur Valens. Well, that didn't work. Ragnans now have to run until Ragna can be liberated.

Now Haya-Haya has lost 1 entire fighter and damaged the backup. "Your piloting is writing checks your ass can't cash." At least we'll get to see the VF-31F use a different mode other than fighter now.

Chuck's sister and possibly the kids are redshirts?

I presume there is a decent amount of mecha action this week?

And then some.

Completely action-packed episode from start to finish worthy of a mid season climax. Some of the best sequences we've seen all series long.I gave this a very positive vote, but there's just 2 small gripes.

a) Hayate's powerup due to Freyja's singing, while fitting to the story, loses some of the ace pilot mystique that previous Macross entries had. Hikaru, Max, Isamu, Gamlin, Roy, heck even Alto were awesome pilots and reached the pinnacle of their talents with little or no external intervention. Hayate...agh...I would have like to seen more growth before he could take Keith out.

b) Windermere won again. Event though they finally got hit, they still achieved their objective. I know we're supposed to hate weasel faced NUNS officer, but at this point he's still my favorite commander. Seems to be the only one with a plan/agenda that will beat Windermere.

Other than that it's all peachy. I loved those moments both girls had with Hayate. This triangle is too close to call .

Windermere won again. Event though they finally got hit, they still achieved their objective. I know we're supposed to hate weasel faced NUNS officer, but at this point he's still my favorite commander. Seems to be the only one with a plan/agenda that will beat Windermere.

I think that NUNS officer are one of the third party conspirator. I heard one of his dialog shows that he knew whats behind ruin and order his troops immediately scan the ruin and order his troop leave planet ASAP as if he knew this would happen. I found him VERY fishy and I do not know why you support that officer

Also there lost in Windermere side as their ship command center has been badly damaged and Heintz severely weaken and with the King death. I think it take a while to Windermere to fix their ship to activate its function

Edited by charles88