Macross Δ BD/DVD Thread (now with delicious English subs).

UN Spacy

I haven't noticed anything really major yet. It looks nice in 1080, of course. The first few episodes still had really good production quality, so if there are any changes to be made it'll be after Episode 7, when people started to note things like the Windermere cruisers lacking textures, and some later off-model faces.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

Everyone, thanks for all the help.

Yes, we need the SANKYO presents 戦術音楽ユニット ワルキューレ 1st LIVE in Zepp "Walkure Attack!" voucher number only.

Thanks again.

Dang it, I am so sorry I didn't track this thread and send it to you! I didn't get any responses initially, and assumed it was one of the codes to get a retailer incentive after getting the whole set that folks were discussing. I hope everyone got one that was looking for it.

Who knew the NUNG was so nostalgic? lol

Or maybe it is just Gavil that prefers outdated formats. "The BEAUTY of scan lines!"

Can anyone here translate this for me, or does anyone here have pre-ordering experience with Amazon Japan that knows what this means? I want to pre-order volume 2 and have it ship with volume one in one package, but the Chrome translator isn't all that clear and I'm unsure what I need to do. It's asking me to check a box, but by default it's unchecked and I have no clue if I should leave it that way or not.

Original Text

ご注文の商品について重要なメッセージが2件あります。

選択したお届け先住所と支払い方法を初期設定にする場合は、チェックを入れてください。

Chrome Translation
Important message is there # 2 about the product of your order.

If you are a shipping address and payment method selected to the initial settings, please put the check.

Thanks!
Edited by IdeaOfEvil

Sucks the omakes don't have subtitles. Hopefully the textures will be redone for later volumes, particularly the shots of planets. Serious they looked like jpgs in the broadcast.

Well here's hoping they take that extra step in the second release. I found the fansubbed version and it was indeed fun and informative. The VHS tape was a nice touch! :lol:

Can anyone here translate this for me, or does anyone here have pre-ordering experience with Amazon Japan that knows what this means? I want to pre-order volume 2 and have it ship with volume one in one package, but the Chrome translator isn't all that clear and I'm unsure what I need to do. It's asking me to check a box, but by default it's unchecked and I have no clue if I should leave it that way or not.

<translation info>

Thanks!

Using the bing machine translator can sometimes help. Also, I think most of the standard amazon text is word for word the same as what you would find at the US or UK amazon.com sites when placing a pre-order. In this instance, the first part is letting you know that you can check the box to set your shipping address and payment method as default information so that you do not have to add it in for future orders. The second part is letting you know that you have an item that comes with a price guarantee, and amazon.co.jp will honor the lowest price when it ships out.

Hope that helps.

Edited by technoblue

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean we aren't getting a movie out of this now?

SDF got a movie.

Plus got a movie

Frontier got a movie.

7 got a movie.

Zero...let's just skip that.

Pretty sure Delta will get a movie. Maybe two.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have been looking for this thread after those idiots on watchcartoon online failed to upload Ep 17 with eng subtitles, and it was listed as haveing them. Gonna have to check Ami ami and CD japan.

Anyone know how vol.2 did saleswise?

Combining DVD and BD sales it did 7K the first week, and now it's at 9k I think, vol. 1 did 10k in it's first week so that's a 3k drop, but honestly I expected a bigger drop than that, but I guess the big drop will come after all the episodes of the first cour are released.

Cool just got my Vol. 2 and my Valkyrie 3rd Sortie book. Can't wait to browse through both.

Not a fan of the release method though.

By the time we are done we will have spent 52200 yen to get the whole damn thing (assuming you don't buy the sets with the art case)! The MF Frontier Full Series release was only about 30000 yen...

Edited by Zinjo

Cool just got my Vol. 2 and my Valkyrie 3rd Sortie book. Can't wait to browse through both.

Not a fan of the release method though.

By the time we are done we will have spent 52200 yen to get the whole damn thing (assuming you don't buy the sets with the art case)! The MF Frontier Full Series release was only about 30000 yen...

Actually, with the exception of the cheaper Vo.1, most of the remaining 8 volumes of Frontier were 7300yen each (with one or two being 6300 for some reason).

So the initial Bluray release was actually the same as Delta and at a comparable price point.

Edited by Tochiro

I just ordered volume 1. I have no info or knowledge about this series, curious why the blu-Ray has such a low rating on Amazon.jp?

Chris

Seems like it's not gritty enough for them. So they're using it to vent their frustration and give it low ratings. Kinda of rude and uncalled for.

The box art/presentation of the first volume is rather well done...so don't mind those ramblings of a select few.

Seems like it's not gritty enough for them. So they're using it to vent their frustration and give it low ratings. Kinda of rude and uncalled for.

The box art/presentation of the first volume is rather well done...so don't mind those ramblings of a select few.

Was about to post the same. Most of those 1-star reviews are fans complaining about later episodes and how the series isn't shaping up to what they wanted it to be. They aren't legitimate reviews of the first disc itself, its packaging, or the quality of the extras/subtitles.

Anyway, I recommend waiting for and watching the BDs. It's been a blast to see the show this way, and totally unexpected as an English-speaking fan with the subs. I'm behind on all the discussion, but I don't mind that. ^_^