1/72 VF-1EX Valkyrie "Macross Delta" by Hasegawa

slide

I noticed this up for pre-order on HLJ as I was browsing.

http://hlj.com/product/hsg65833

I'm not caught up on Delta, but it's a smart-looking VF-1 scheme... and I take it it rocks the EX-Gear system?

Edited by slide

damn it... I only have 23 display cases on my wall and the 4 launch arm hangers in the boys room... where will these go???

Its a shame they are reusing the 1J and not making new parts for the changes to the 1EX. Longer nose, hump shape behind the cockpit etc.

Edited by NZEOD

damn it... I only have 23 display cases on my wall and the 4 launch arm hangers in the boys room... where will these go???

Its a shame they are reusing the 1J and not making new parts for the changes to the 1EX. Longer nose, hump shape behind the cockpit etc.

oh...

if it was a variant air frame I would've been interested, but if it's just another VF-1 kit with new decals, I'll pass...

Seems to be from a review post I've found online. It claims it has new decals and an EX cockpit but is otherwise a 1J

3,400 yen is quite the price. That's more than the Gerwalk or Super Battroid and just 200 yen shy of Super Gerwalk.

This needs more info because the price increase from the standard 2,000 yen VF-1J is quite significant, surely it can't be just for the cockpit.

Pre-ordering two anyway.

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

Didn't know the 1EX had a longer nose and hump behind the cockpit. Hmm.......will have to go to review.

if that nose profile is replicated I'll bite.

the nose sections are interchangeable between hasegawa variants to accommodate different heads, so a new nose mold is not beyond the realm of possibility...

While WE can see the difference in the nose, is it intentional? Meaning it's not just an artists slight variation/flare while drawing a VF-1. I don't think people not super familiar with the VF-1 would notice a difference.

Chris

5JLIezk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5JLIezk.jpg

That's almost a VF-4 nose. Let's see if Hase upgrades the molds or just sells us a new set of stickers with a limited release.

Knowing that this is a modified VF-1J, it's nice that they hide the 1J's head laser turrets for the 1EX configuration. But I did like the upgraded nose.

Edited by no3ljm

Don't have the moon skills for the rest.

Please stop referring to Japanese as "moon language". That's just such an ignorant image.

Please stop referring to Japanese as "moon language". That's just such an ignorant image.

Agreed! English is, in fact, one of the hardest languages to learn with all its contradictory rules and exceptions so if any is a moon language its the amalgam of other languages that is English!

Resin nose? Buying it!

Edited by NZEOD

I thk there will be attempts to convert these into a VF-1EX skull squadron...yums!

I wonder if the any add on packs frm hase kits would fit too...the legs do look a bit skinner in the EX version...but thats just based on observation...time will tell... :rolleyes:

watching the show I noticed they dont wear harnesses at all... does the EX gear lock them in?

Edited by NZEOD

#65702 VF-1J (2,000 yen) vs #65833 VF-1EX (3,400 yen)

fXrLE6w.gif

Unless they used the old CAD projections just for decal mock-up, that's gonna be one amazing 1,400 yen resin cockpit.

VF-1A/J Gerwalk was 2,600 yen

VF-1D Gerwalk was 3,800 yen, so the D tree and 3 resin figures added 1,200 yen.

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

oh...

if it was a variant air frame I would've been interested, but if it's just another VF-1 kit with new decals, I'll pass...

LOL, I love Hasegawa! They've made a mint from Macross with the same old molds and all they've had to do was print new decals. In this case they are adding a new cockpit tub for the kit which I'm sure will be on it's very own sprew (aka not retooling the original mold, just creating a new one for the new cockpit)...

They are one smart company! They let Bandai, with the deeper pockets, do all the heavy lifting with the new valk designs.

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 weeks later...

That is very nice. I'm guessing that's the EX Gear cockpit from the VF-25? (Have yet to build my Hase 25.)

I wonder what resin parts they could possibly need that couldn't just as easily and more economically be provided by way of the VF-25's cockpit...

Otherwise it really is just a stock VF-1J? Kind of disappointing. I was hoping for the nose and forward fuselage to be noticeably different.

Edited by kajnrig

That is very nice. I'm guessing that's the EX Gear cockpit from the VF-25? (Have yet to build my Hase 25.)

I wonder what resin parts they could possibly need that couldn't just as easily and more economically be provided by way of the VF-25's cockpit...

Otherwise it really is just a stock VF-1J? Kind of disappointing. I was hoping for the nose and forward fuselage to be noticeably different.

That's somebody's custom, not the official kit, if I understood the post correctly.

And I'm not convinced there's actually anything in the nose profile that would need changing for the VF-1EX, it didn't look any different to me at all.

Edit: Confirmed, the builder's tweets linked in the post say he used the Max kit from the Max-and-Milia set to make this, and that the wings are wrong. Might the VF-1EX kit have the VT-1/VE-1 wings with the RCS blisters on them?

Edit2: Now that I looked at the decal placement diagram, I think he's referring to the fact that one of the lightning bolts is rotated 90 degrees. They should both be pointing forward and aft with the wings spread.

Edited by SebastianP

That's somebody's custom, not the official kit, if I understood the post correctly.

Right, I meant that I wonder if the model is a kitbash (mash-up) of a stock VF-1J and a stock VF-25, using the cockpit/instruments of the latter with the body of the former.

And I'm not convinced there's actually anything in the nose profile that would need changing for the VF-1EX, it didn't look any different to me at all.

I thought the entire nose/canopy were slightly different, but that might have just been a fluke of the imagination/misinterpretation.