Same-sex triangles in Macross

Gerli

Same-sex resolution for love triangles in Macross. What do you think?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion about same-sex triangles in the Macross Universe?

• It's a cool idea!
    • I like the traditional triangles
    • I only watch Macross for the robots/music

Can we please just talk about girls kissing and pretty boys touching each other? :(

personally, I think it was a huge missed opportunity for frontier not to resolve it's triangle with an ALTOxBRERA cross-dressing BL ending.

post-4286-0-34523100-1465705550_thumb.jpg

:edit:

actually, best ending would have been have it look like Alto is about to pick Sheryl only to walk past her and bro hug Brera setting up a new sheryl-brera-alto triangle. meanwhile, Ranka kisses Nanase in front of Luca who dies of sadness and nosebleed.

Edited by anime52k8

actually, best ending would have been have it look like Alto is about to pick Sheryl only to walk past her and bro hug Brera setting up a new sheryl-brera-alto triangle. meanwhile, Ranka kisses Nanase in front of Luca who dies of sadness and nosebleed.

One of the AU mangas has Ranka hooking up with her brother (because of course she does).

When they do it anime it is usually for humor or fan service. Frontier was filled with characters to tease the fans. Look at all the official and unofficial art work of Ranka & Sheryl or Alto & Michael together cheek to cheek and holding hands. I'm not sure if they'll ever have a serious same sex couple in Macross. If they were a couple Vrlitwhai and Exseldor would have been the most grown up and least fan service version of one.

Exsedol and that SDF-1 Engineering Chief (Robotech's Dr Lang) are totally a ship.

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten why I stopped going to message boards. Because there was always someone who had to tell me my very existence was "politics."

Geril, thanks for creating a thread that made me feel welcome and included for at least 27 hours. Omnichannel, thanks for the wake up call.

This isnexactly the problem with the thread, if anyone answers no, they are going to get labeled as non inclusive. You just labeled me that way and frankly I never gave an opinion one way or the other. I just called this thread what it is which is political just like guns.

Your response proves the problem with this thread. If someone says no, you and others will jump on them and say you no longer feel included and I somehow excluded you. You labeled me I didn't label you, I said the forum is political and you jumped me as if I was against it. I never said I was or Gave any opinion at all because my concern is what just happened to me by you. How are our homosexual members going to feel when members say no and state their views? You just showed how you would respond and I didn't even give an opinion.

I'm stating precedent on the site. Issues like guns etc. Have always been a nono and were even shut down or moved somewhere else. And rightfully so.

"Thanks for the wakeup call" what is that supposed to mean? That I don't like you? your statement was the most aggressive and charged comment on here.

Members shouldn't be put in a position to feel uncomfortable and you just proved the point. If people start saying no and stating their opinion against it, they will get the "wake up call" comment also huh? You should apologize for labeling me. My comments were about the nature of the poll and macrossworld has a no politics rule unless it has changed. i know I'm alone on this but in the end, this poll labels people by ideology based on their answer.

You really jumped the gun here. You just profiled me as someone you got a "wake up call" from and makes you feel not included and you made that because you profiled and assumed just because I said it was political that I was against our homosexual friends.

Edited by Omnichannel

Yes please everyone stay on topic.

Something doesn't become political until somebody makes it. Please don't make it political by saying it is - Which you are doing.

There is some valid point to this topic. Macross had a few non-straight characters before. Delta has our first couple. It does seem they're pandering to fan service with them. This topic is asking if people think Macross is ready for a same sex love-triangle. I might call this a political topic if wasn't for the fact that Delta has supporting characters in what looks like a same sex relationship. It is something that the show itself has bought up. We talk about the show here. If a show brings up a sensitive topic we can carefully talk about it as it relates to the show. If some people can't be mature about it or attempt to make it a bigger issue beyond the show itself then it become something that we have to stop.

Don't say I'm making something political that isn't. That's B. S. Gay marriage was in the supreme court and north Carolinas law is being disputed by the justice department. A law was just passed to allow our gay soldiers to be open and stop the don't ask don't tell policy by Clinton. So according to you those aren't political?

Should it be? No. But it is and sorry its not me making it political. I never went after anyone, but just by stating its a political topic, you and others jumped me. The aggressive posts are from you who came after and labeled me. You should also apologize, but you won't. Your argument; however, is a total lie. The Supreme Court and current legislation proves that its a lie. This site should stay away from topics where when someone is asked their view and gives it, they get profiled, labeled, and attacked as anti gay.

Edited by Omnichannel

Don't say I'm making something political that isn't. That's B. S. Gay marriage was in the supreme court and north Carolinas law is being disputed by the justice department. A law was just passed to allow our gay soldiers to be open and stop the don't ask don't tell policy by Clinton. So according to you those aren't political?

Should it be? No. But it is and sorry its not me making it political. I never went after anyone, but just by stating its a political topic, you and others jumped me. The aggressive posts are from you who came after and labeled me. You should also apologize, but you won't. Your argument; however, is a total lie. The Supreme Court and current legislation proves that its a lie. This site should stay away from topics where when someone is asked their view and gives it, they get profiled, labeled, and attacked as anti gay.

Macross is a Japanese work and as mentioned in a previous post same-sex relationships are common in Japanese media. You have to understand it within their cultural context. I suggest you consult a moderator on this issue, as so far the discussion here is mostly civil.

Macross is a Japanese work and as mentioned in a previous post same-sex relationships are common in Japanese media. You have to understand it within their cultural context. I suggest you consult a moderator on this issue, as so far the discussion here is mostly civil.

Yeah, being told "thanks for the wake up call" and insinuating that I am anti gay and made them feel not included is real civil. Thanks for ignoring that and blaming me for only stating its a political themed topic.

Gerli,

You did start the topic. If you want it closed I will. Do you? In light of recent events I might to agree but we we're talking about a work of fiction. We weren't talking about real events of the past year. I hate to have real life dictate a discussion about fiction. I'll be consulting the Mods about closing it and I'll consulting them about whether to shorten or lengthen the timeout session I gave someone here.

ill get shouted out that's fine. You said progressive not me. Look up the definition of progressive.

Progressive

adjective
1. favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters:
2. making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.:
and another seemingly relevant definition:
Tolerance
noun
1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, beliefs, practices, racial or ethnic origins, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions, beliefs, and practices that differ from one's own.
went on a rant, apologies.
Music is Culture, Culture is love!
I hope you're all Culturing, particularly this day.
Edited by slide

Thanks Roy.

We are living very violent and hateful times and reality seems to surpass fiction sometimes.

Gerli, you didn't answer the question.

Gerli,

You did start the topic. If you want it closed I will. Do you?

Do you want this topic closed? Yes or No?