Macross Delta - Final Episode Air Date?

I was in Japan in January, and not surprisingly there was not much Delta stuff going around (I spotted some posters and a cardboard standee in Osaka's Den Den Town). Wasn't too disappointed, as the series proper had yet to begin and the merchandising machine was still toiling away prior to the full premiere.

But serendipitously I find myself returning to Japan in October (!!!), and so I'm wondering if the finale episode airdate has been announced somewhere or can be calculated? Assuming this is a 2-cour series like last time and there are no breaks, episode 24 would air on September 11 and if the show made it to episode 26, that would be September 25. I really doubt Delta will have a sequel season as has happened with some other franchises, but I guess we could still be pleasantly surprised...

I'll be back in the latter half of October and as such I'm guessing there will be plenty of merch to avail myself of, from soundtracks to model kits to figures for the mass market, to take advantage of the hype. DX and more collectors-end toys I'm guessing will be a while after that, so I won't hold up hopes of having much beyond the first generation of VF-31 to look at...

Mark