Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning

seti88

1 hour ago, sketchley said:

That appears to be the "Howard GU-11C(P)" introduced in the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-4 Lightning III book (apparently developed for the VF-4G, to give it extra "stopping power" ;) )

Thanks Sketchley. ;)

51 minutes ago, Goodman Models said:

What is this "Excelsus" plane? it looks to have slightly different proportions compared to the VF-4.

I think it's just the angle of how the photo was taken. And it's just to show I believe the upcoming Weapon Set for the VF-4 kit that comes with the aforementioned Gunpod.

looks to be the same mold, just the decals around the canopy are making is look different. Its an illusion.

Will be nabbing a few for the gun pods!

I can give some information about Excelsus, which is a garage kit company who previously released Wonder Festival exclusives for 1/72 Hasegawa Macross kits.  So, now it appears that they will be making the gun pod/etc for the Wave 1/72 VF-4.

Although this may not be the complete list, here are some of the items I know of:

45.)   VF-19S Space/Atmospheric Super Parts 1/72 Excelsus
46.)   VF-19F Aircraft Conversion Parts 1/72 Excelsus     
47.)   VF-11C Super Aerospace Fighter, Super Parts 1/72 Excelsus     
48.)   YF-19 Battroid Conversion Set 1/72 Excelsus

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 1:53 AM, ChristopherB said:

I can give some information about Excelsus, which is a garage kit company who previously released Wonder Festival exclusives for 1/72 Hasegawa Macross kits.  So, now it appears that they will be making the gun pod/etc for the Wave 1/72 VF-4.

Although this may not be the complete list, here are some of the items I know of:

Any idea when?

On 2/25/2019 at 3:53 AM, ChristopherB said:

Take My Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when??

and how do I get a hold of 4 sets?!

On 2/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, ChristopherB said:

They are special items release during the Wonder Festival event. Where Kaiyodo will apply for event license from animate companies like Big West for Macross items. The license is good for one day for the modeler to sell the item during the event. Quantity of each release depends on the modeler, usually limited from a few sets to a few hundred sets.

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, Bolt said:

This looked awesome too! Not sure on the details tho..

large.B6030503-A028-4E95-BA62-B5CB91140356.jpeg.adabf848d367b845936bf30c2a963242.jpeg

I’m a little late to this conversation, but do you know if this is a product announcement or someone’s custom model? I’ve always liked the original VF-2 Sonic Birds scheme that Hasegawa produced, and I would definitely buy a VF-4 in that scheme.

61ENDfeUrqS._SL1000_.jpg

I believe that Hasegawa developed the scheme for the limited edition model, so I’d be surprised if Wave was able to use the same design on their model, but maybe someone else actually owns the design. Or someone used the Hawegawa VF-1 decals on a Wave VF-4.

I’d personally like to do a VF-4 in the same high viability scheme used on the Hasegawa model.

• 3 years later...