Mission 10: AXIA's Flash  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Everybody Loves Kaname)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Just what we need, more bad music.)

Haven't watched yet but I have low self control so I've read all of this so far, lol.

On the subject of a new Delta team member to replace Messer, I can see either Mirage or Hayate taking up the Delta 2 mantle (with perhaps an updated paint scheme, aka new toy for Bandai), and we get a new Delta 5 perhaps. However time will tell if that is accurate. Hayate is still really green. Mirage has the legacy for aceing but we know she is not quite at her grandparent's level too. Maybe she will be now with his event as motivation?

Last week I wrote

that we needed to start seeing some consequences to the dogfighting since it was starting to be the "dogfight" of the week season with Delta. I did not however ever expect Kawamori to deliver so soon and so fatally. We lose Messer-kun for good.

I don't know you guys, but this episode really delivered in spades. The dogfights were synchronized well with the music, the fighting choreographies were top notch and we really got them feels we were missing. Heck even the triangle took on more shape this time.

RIP Messer. Time for Hayate to man up

Well, I can safely say I did not at all see that ending coming. I knew something like that had to happen eventually, but I didn't think it would happen until later.

Last week I wrote

that we needed to start seeing some consequences to the dogfighting since it was starting to be the "dogfight" of the week season with Delta. I did not however ever expect Kawamori to deliver so soon and so fatally. We lose Messer-kun for good.

I don't know you guys, but this episode really delivered in spades. The dogfights were synchronized well with the music, the fighting choreographies were top notch and we really got them feels we were missing. Heck even the triangle took on more shape this time.

RIP Messer. Time for Hayate to man up

Yeah, now he's got to be the one to try and take down Lord Keith. Something tells me it's going to take he and Mirage both flying their hardest to even be a match for that guy. Kinda makes me curious if they might eventually get another pilot since up until now they've had one for each member of Walkure. What's really got me hyped is whatever Mikumo and Freyja saw during the Protoculture structure reaction to their song. I guess having Heinz on one end and Walkure on the other was too much and triggered some kind of rejection or something.

Edited by Midnight_Wyvern

CURSE KEITH!!!! He has to die, no question about it now. R.I.P. Messer. I started to like you and now..... :(

On other notes, was that Mikumo under water without a breathing apparatus watching the squids? :o ANDROID CONFIRMED!

One thing I forgot: Once again this episode confirms for me that for some reason I prefer the solo songs over the Walkure material. I don't know if it's the songs itself or how they're arranged.

Next week we will be introduced to Messer's twin brother Dresser, who has the exact same mannerisms and look as Messer, but with a slightly different temperament that will fade over time as he takes over the Delta 2 role.

Seriously though, that was one heck of a disturbing death. Messer went out like that faceless pilot in episode 2 of Macross Zero - shot to the cockpit resulting in a splash of blood. Poor Messer... he'll never know he was piloting a variable fighter, a fact that could have saved his life...

It's unfortunate for Delta Shotai as well because it was shown pretty clearly in this episode they can't do much without Messer's skills. Who's gonna replace the guy?

I don't know, but maybe it'll be Kaname. Maybe after this event she will take up the mantle of Delta 2 and pilot Messer's fighter in his honor, kind of like how Klan ended up piloting Michael's VF-25G in Macross Frontier.

Also, did Messer shoot down one of the -262s? It looked like he landed a solid hit, but as for the consequences of said hit I don't think we got to see. It would be fitting if he at least took out out of the Knights before going down himself.

So, I'm guessing next week we'll get a new intro?

Or, maybe with how the credits rolled at the end there, that was actually the last episode of the series...

Next week we will be introduced to Messer's twin brother Dresser, who has the exact same mannerisms and look as Messer, but with a slightly different temperament that will fade over time as he takes over the Delta 2 role.

Seriously though, that was one heck of a disturbing death. Messer went out like that faceless pilot in episode 2 of Macross Zero - shot to the cockpit resulting in a splash of blood. Poor Messer... he'll never know he was piloting a variable fighter, a fact that could have saved his life...

It's unfortunate for Delta Shotai as well because it was shown pretty clearly in this episode they can't do much without Messer's skills. Who's gonna replace the guy?

I don't know, but maybe it'll be Kaname. Maybe after this event she will take up the mantle of Delta 2 and pilot Messer's fighter in his honor, kind of like how Klan ended up piloting Michael's VF-25G in Macross Frontier.

Also, did Messer shoot down one of the -262s? It looked like he landed a solid hit, but as for the consequences of said hit I don't think we got to see. It would be fitting if he at least took out out of the Knights before going down himself.

So, I'm guessing next week we'll get a new intro?

Or, maybe with how the credits rolled at the end there, that was actually the last episode of the series...

is this legit and where did you get this

Edited by bgunit

So, here's a bit of crazy fan theory:

What if it's a fake out and Messer isn't dead, just badly wounded. I know it's unlikely, but his Valk wasn't destroyed, we only see it falling.

Unlikely, I know.

What if it's a fake out and Messer isn't dead, just badly wounded. I know it's unlikely, but his Valk wasn't destroyed, we only see it falling.

Unlikely, I know.

Well...

There is a precedent for that. Brera was badly hurt as a child and got his cyborg body. But that would ruin the impact of all that blood.

Ya never know.

Unlikely, I know.

Like a guy in a comment said, maybe Messer was having lunch at the time and was eating a tomato.

Sort of a Memphis Belle situation? :D

Unlikely, I know.

Unless Messer popped a huge blood vessel I dont think he's getting out of this one. He already dodged a couple bullets and his luck just ran out. Its funny how when Messer was finally pulling the stick out of his ass and warming up he was killed, probably distracted by thoughts of Kaname. If he was still the same old Messer he probably could've made it out of that fight intact, but then again he wouldve succumbed to the Var before this fight anyway.

And as much as I like Kaname she sucks. She couldn't save her Idol career, she couldn't save her front position in Walkure, and now she couldn't save her would-be boyfriend, damn she sucks.

Okay, so, let me really get the crazy fan theory train rolling here

What if...

Messer didn't die, but rather barely managed to dodge Keith's shot. Unfortunately, it made him so angry that he immediately Var-Hulked out, but his arm that was injured in a previous episode couldn't take it and popped, spraying blood everywhere.

So, Messer will survive the attack, but he'll have to get a robot arm. He will unfortunately be taken captive by a rouge nation that puts him on ice, only reviving him out to carry out assassinations and other shady missions. He will be known only by a small bracelet that he wears during his missions that plays a lesser known Walkure song, which earns him the moniker The Walkure Soldier

Edited by Product9

I'd like to echo comments by all the others who hopes Messer stays dead, him living would be a huge let down. As they say in 0080... "HAMBURGER"

This does get me to wondering though, Keith was very fortunate that he used the little Drakken as a shield just long enough for him to take the shot on Messer, but why didn't Messer just keep blasting away knowing Keith was back there still, cause that would've ended Keith. There was literally no reason to stop shooting.

More importantly, is Keith controlling the little Drakkens at the same time as he is running his plane? That would be pretty incredible, may be some form of BDI where he is directing the other fighters, making them like funnels, oh no, the invasion of gundam into Macross sphere. (THE HORRORS) Otherwise, the little Drakken has lousy programming, flying directly into the line of fire.

Also, Messer becomes a trainer doesn't make any sense, it doesn't make him less susceptible to VAR, it makes it worse for him, because he moves away from the source of the vaccine. Now, if he gets VARed out in combat, here comes Walkure for the save.

This reminds me, everyone of the Delta member better get a fold crystal. You know, the need to resonate with their own personal Walkure. "A Walkure for every Valkyrie..." come on, say it with me.

Finally, I actually like it that the Mac series run around 25 episodes, it leaves you hungry for more.

Edited by kalvasflam

And as much as I like Kaname she sucks. She couldn't save her Idol career, she couldn't save her front position in Walkure, and now she couldn't save her would-be boyfriend, damn she sucks.

Sounds just like Myung, if you think about it. That actually fits with my "Messer = Guld expy" theory perfectly. Kaname even has the same hair style as Myung, though if she's a Myung homage character it puts a potential dent in my "Lady M = Myung" theory (because why homage a character and also put that same character in the story?). There also doesn't seem to be an Isamu analog in this series, unless Hayate is a loose homage.

On the other hand, this could be a good setup for "Lady Myung" to step out of the background and be a mentor to Kaname as well, so the jury's still out IMHO.

If Kaname does move on in light of Messer's death, could Walkure go back to a quartet with her as a manager?

So unless it's an animation error, it's confirmed that Keith's Sv-262 has nose/head lasers, as the beam that hit Messer's cockpit definitely came from the nose of Keith's fighter.

Keith didn't shoot Messer with his gunpod, neither did he use the arm cannons which in Fighter mode seem to be located on the dorsal spine of the fighter, behind the cockpit.

I'd like to echo comments by all the others who hopes Messer stays dead, him living would be a huge let down. As they say in 0080... "HAMBURGER"

This does get me to wondering though, Keith was very fortunate that he used the little Drakken as a shield just long enough for him to take the shot on Messer, but why didn't Messer just keep blasting away knowing Keith was back there still, cause that would've ended Keith. There was literally no reason to stop shooting.

More importantly, is Keith controlling the little Drakkens at the same time as he is running his plane? That would be pretty incredible, may be some form of BDI where he is directing the other fighters, making them like funnels, oh no, the invasion of gundam into Macross sphere. (THE HORRORS) Otherwise, the little Drakken has lousy programming, flying directly into the line of fire.

Also, Messer becomes a trainer doesn't make any sense, it doesn't make him less susceptible to VAR, it makes it worse for him, because he moves away from the source of the vaccine. Now, if he gets VARed out in combat, here comes Walkure for the save.

This reminds me, everyone of the Delta member better get a fold crystal. You know, the need to resonate with their own personal Walkure. "A Walkure for every Valkyrie..." come on, say it with me.

Finally, I actually like it that the Mac series run around 25 episodes, it leaves you hungry for more.

If Bernie is the hamburger, then Messer is the ketchup.

What's interesting to me is why did Keith choose to use his least powerful weapon to kill Messer?

Cause it was convenient.

:rolleyes:

But the animation sequence this week was pretty good, especially for the dogfight portion, it was very nicely illustrated, and far more detailed than before.

Edited by kalvasflam