Mission 10: AXIA's Flash  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Everybody Loves Kaname)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Just what we need, more bad music.)

What an episode! This is definitely the best episode thus far as far as "resonance'' with viewers are concerned. I must say it is pretty cartharthicto be able to discuss this episode here with like minded people.

As mentioned in the podcast (definitely recommend it), this will be the defining moment of the episode, nobody will be paying too much attention to the rest of the episode, though some things have already been mentioned by individuals here and in the podcast:

1. Is there some 3rd party pulling strings behind the curtains? What are their goals?

2. Delta squadron, having lost their Ace pilot, will be severely disadvantaged in the upcoming battles. This episode has really shown that even Arad can't hold a candle to the White Knight in terms of skill.

3. There are possibly undiscovered protoculture ruins on other planets

4. What did Freya and Mikumo see in their vision?

Edited by BlueMax

What an episode! This is definitely the best episode thus far as far as "resonance'' with viewers are concerned. I must say it is pretty cartharthicto be able to discuss this episode here with like minded people.

As mentioned in the podcast (definitely recommend it), this will be the defining moment of the episode, nobody will be paying too much attention to the rest of the episode, though some things have already been mentioned by individuals here and in the podcast:

1. Is there some 3rd party pulling strings behind the curtains? What are their goals?

2. Delta squadron, having lost their Ace pilot, will be severely disadvantaged in the upcoming battles. This episode has really shown that even Arad can't hold a candle to the White Knight in terms of skill.

3. There are possibly undiscovered protoculture ruins on other planets

4. What did Freya and Mikumo see in their vision?

Number 4 is the biggest thing I'm waiting to see next week. All Mikumo said was "a hole" before they got blasted back and knocked out. Was it some kind of disturbance in Fold Space or something?

Okay, so, let me really get the crazy fan theory train rolling here

What if...

Messer didn't die, but rather barely managed to dodge Keith's shot. Unfortunately, it made him so angry that he immediately Var-Hulked out, but his arm that was injured in a previous episode couldn't take it and popped, spraying blood everywhere.

So, Messer will survive the attack, but he'll have to get a robot arm. He will unfortunately be taken captive by a rouge nation that puts him on ice, only reviving him out to carry out assassinations and other shady missions. He will be known only by a small bracelet that he wears during his missions that plays a lesser known Walkure song, which earns him the moniker The Walkure Soldier

hahahahah... dude, what are you smoking? gimme some to dull ma painnnnnnnn~~~

yeah, totally maybe...

Messer's gonna come back as an amnesiac cyborg........ which phase of grief is denial? cause i'm there

Didn't Hayate almost do that to Bogue as well (instead, he shot Bogue's engine)? Of course Hayate/Bogue and Messer/Keith would have different skill levels.

Hayate shot Bogue in the back, though he was saving mirage in the process. I dont thk anyone is up to kieth's level yet.

Maybe arad can take on keith since we saw him in a badass hand to hand/gerwalk mode before, but still keith is good with swords.

What's interesting to me is why did Keith choose to use his least powerful weapon to kill Messer?

Cause it was convenient.

:rolleyes:

But the animation sequence this week was pretty good, especially for the dogfight portion, it was very nicely illustrated, and far more detailed than before.

It was a nice fight, elements of surprise which turned the tide, cos they were evenly matched keith/messer.

I dont thk delta platoon knew that the draken could...

pop its eye out and snipe

... do that mid-flight.

Well...

There is a precedent for that. Brera was badly hurt as a child and got his cyborg body. But that would ruin the impact of all that blood.

Ya never know.

Part of me doesnt want a cop out, but it would be interesting to see messer come back as a cyborg and take his revenge ala ROBOCOP :p

The other part is messer's 02 is falling out of the sky. Even if he survived the shot, would he survive the crash?

Like a guy in a comment said, maybe Messer was having lunch at the time and was eating a tomato.

Sort of a Memphis Belle situation? :D

Haha tq for that reference, and for making wanna see that movie again. Yes perhaps there was apples in the cockpit. ^_^

Number 4 is the biggest thing I'm waiting to see next week. All Mikumo said was "a hole" before they got blasted back and knocked out. Was it some kind of disturbance in Fold Space or something?

The hole is likely the hole on Windermere.

There seems to be an interesting conflict between Roid's desire for
knowledge regarding the protoculture, and the more warlike/imperialistic stance seen in the Aerial Knights. Like others have said, this creates opportunities for infighting, but anyone else think its also a way to introduce the backstories of our antagonists?

Hoping for the following,

1. Kaname takes up flying in Delta Platoon. She wants to be with the captain and WILL look good in a pilot uniform :p
2. Whatever Freija and Mikumo see is a new enemy resulting in a future 3-way battle (not delta and windmere teaming up...)

Though we commiserate the apparent loss of the Grim Reaper, perhaps from a warrior's point of view, it was a worthy death. Dying facing the most worthy opponent, dying while having his beloved singing to him, for him, while also fighting for the beloved.

It was as worthy a death (apparent,at least, and as far as anime is concerned anyway) as it can be.

Though we commiserate the apparent loss of the Grim Reaper, perhaps from a warrior's point of view, it was a worthy death. Dying facing the most worthy opponent, dying while having his beloved singing to him, for him, while also fighting for the beloved.

It was as worthy a death (apparent,at least, and as far as anime is concerned anyway) as it can be.

Yup the dude left and came back to save the day all in one episode.. he flew in and saved kaname from the missiles with his shield.

I thk kawamori saved us from the melodramatic scene...

where messer in the cockpit closed his eyes and said "kaname... i love you" with kaname hearing his voice while connected, and before she could say the same thing....keith blasts him..

:o

or maybe there will be a director's cut :p

Just think if he didn't show up Hayate and Walkure would have all died. We were robbed.

I still don't understand the logic behind having them enter a battle without the protection of being in a VF. Have them sing from the back seat. They don't seem very protected in their flying dresses.

So like was Mikumo floating naked in a sea of jelly fish eggs? kinky! :wacko:

He's not dead! That wasn't blood! It was jelly fish eggs that Mikumo collected and gave to Messer as parting gift.

So, just one thought left. They better not have ended the fight at the end of the episode. If Keith and the Aerial knights just backed off, it would be utterly lame. Time to press the advantage. The only reason to not do so is because additional reinforcements showed up....

Hey, if we can get Isamu for the Frontier movie, can we get Ozma and Alto for this one as reinforcements? :p

At least we get confirmation in this episode that Voldor is still under Windermere control. Would be weird if they lost control just like that. Thank goodness for consistency.

Edited by kalvasflam

no pineapple salad and he dies?

I am pretty sure someone stuck in a pineapple with jellyfish salad in his bag.

Pineapples are not necessary to highlight impending doom. Guld never had pineapples. Kinryu never had pineapples. Michel never had pineapples. Kakizaki almost had steak. The only time we should worry is if Arad is given something with pineapples.

I think I can make a spoiler-free reply to Graham:

I believe because that hasn't been shown before(I think), and would thus be a surprise/unexpected. And so hard to react to/deal with the first time.

Haven't seen the episode yet, only the GIF of the event.

But if Keith's Sv-262 and Messer's VF-31 were closing head-on, wondering why Keith didn't just use his much more powerful beam gunpod to make certain of a kill? The Sv-262's beam gunpod should be able to hit anything in the forward arc that the nose lasers can, unless perhaps Keith was in a slight nose down aspect diving from above, in which case his beam gun pod would not have had a shot

Well i guess now we know why Delta 2 didn't get a Mecha Collie release before Chuck's Delta 3. Or a Tomy Tech release yet. I wonder if they have been held back until the new delta 2 pilot appears. The toy will be released with a different pilot rather than Messer? Got to hand to Delta, first Macross series to kill their ace pilot. (No Fokker wasn't the ace of SDFM)

Keith's secret head laser was a surprise attack. It's wise to use a secret weapon against an enemy that you have little to-no advantage at that moment (Messer blown up two Lil Drakens of Keith's moments ago)

Edited by charger69

Good chapter, we got to know a little more about Windermere and the Wind song, also Keith seems to be in some sort of personal vendetta or at least his attitude is like someone with a personal vendetta.

Messer is a goner, but sincerely I didn't feel this dead like Michael in Frontier. I don't know probably is a very quick dead, not even the end of the first half of Delta, and lets be sincere we all know that Messer was the number 1 option to die in the series, he was basically a big death flag every chapter and the song and the dialog in all the chapter were like "Messer is going to die today". And I don't feel sad for Kaname either, Makina clearly said that the loved one for Kaname is Arad, not Messer. The funny thing is that now with the dead of Messer she is surely going to be depressed and not going to be after Arad at least for a while, also Arad is now the #1 pilot in the Delta squad to be the next to kick the bucket.

Now my real questions are, what the hell was the hole that Mikumo and Freyja have seen and why only both of them?, We are going to see a new pilot with the callsign Delta 02? Is Mirage going to call home for a new ace (her family surely have a lot of ace pilots XD)? The dead of Messer resolves one love triangle and is going to ignite the main one? When are we going to get the DX of the VF-31F?

I was no fan of Messer, but still felt some sympathy because he had the Var.

Quite a shocking way to be taken out though, and that waitress on Ragna is going to be devastated.

Edited by RDX17

And I don't feel sad for Kaname either, Makina clearly said that the loved one for Kaname is Arad, not Messer. The funny thing is that now with the dead of Messer she is surely going to be depressed and not going to be after Arad at least for a while, also Arad is now the #1 pilot in the Delta squad to be the next to kick the bucket.

It was Reina and not Makina who said Kaname likes Arad. But Makina quickly debunked her, Hayate, and Freyja saying they were so dense. She likely got that from the bridge bunnies gossip. It's awfully clear since episode 2 that it's Messer and not Arad that she likes as she seen more to show far more concern for him and keeps thanking him for protecting her despite its part of his job.

Edited by Windrider

Wow, they actually did it. Despite all the death flags in the episode, I didn't think they'd kill him off this early. Now need to rewatch the episode to see if Messer ate anything specific.

EDIT: Speaking of food, one of the pilots with Bogue seems to have eaten steak before the battle.

Edited by d3v

Wow, they actually did it. Despite all the death flags in the episode, I didn't think they'd kill him off this early. Now need to rewatch the episode to see if Messer ate anything specific.

EDIT: Speaking of food, one of the pilots with Bogue seems to have eaten steak before the battle.

isnt that a robotech thing

This is probably what Mikumo, Freyja, and Hein saw.

1L3khC1.png

Nah... As this show is, there is a limit to how much Bomba you can sustain. Macross 7 played dangerous games with that limit, lol.