1/72 Valkyrie "Angel Birds" Squadron

Goodman Models

My main question is what's an aerial display squadron plane doing with a fully loaded gunpod?

The Blue Angels used to pride themselves [i don't know if that's still a thing] on how short a time it would take their maintenance crews to re-convert the squadron to a combat-ready standard...

the Angelbirds likely just don't carry the gunpod, but fly an otherwise standard issue [but smartly repainted] VF-1A...

The Blue Angels used to pride themselves [i don't know if that's still a thing] on how short a time it would take their maintenance crews to re-convert the squadron to a combat-ready standard...

the Angelbirds likely just don't carry the gunpod, but fly an otherwise standard issue [but smartly repainted] VF-1A...

... with alot of safety warning systems turned off...

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I have to get a full set of pics up. I cut the HUDS from clear sheet stock. As thin as could find. I put a thin piece across the top console parallel to the HUDS,then I had something to mount the HUD panels against. I used CA glue for that, very sparingly. Beforehand, I painted the edges with Tamiya clear blue, which is what they look like in the Robotech poster that I have in my shop.

Its a hypothetical situation where they are making do with what they have at the moment. If they needed the VF's in a hurry, paint would be the last thing anyone is thinking about especially as long as all the other aircraft's systems are fully mission capable.

Its a hypothetical situation where they are making do with what they have at the moment. If they needed the VF's in a hurry, paint would be the last thing anyone is thinking about especially as long as all the other aircraft's systems are fully mission capable.

and most of the other squadrons are a relatively High-Visibility scheme anyhow... at least compared to modern fighters.

• 1 month later...