Mission 9: Uncontrolled Limit  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Grim Reaper episode!!!!!!!!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (So Mr. Buzzkill has space cooties. Ewww.)

And Bogue is just frigging hilarious, for someone so blood thirsty, it seems like he really need some grunts to beat up on, otherwise, he can't seem to take out anyone. He definitely need a kill. And he needs to get cultured. He apparently has had zero exposure to music. How many times has he tried to blow up the Walkure now? It's like a running theme with him, he fires a bunch of missiles, and he gets stopped somehow and is forced to runaway.

I'm actually not sure if at this point, he can even take Hayate when Hayate isn't resonating. May be he needs Herman to corner someone for him to shoot down.

Well, at least he shot down more than 3 unit of VF-171 in EP 1 :p

Edited by meenonfire

Hayate and Mirage feel so much like Max and milia especially when they flew together side by side.

Just go get marry already Hayate! forget freya, she can only live until 30.

BTW anyone notice...does the city in Messer's past/dream look like Macross II city ? It doesn't even look like the city in macross plus but look so much like Macross II ? are they trying to acknowledge macross II now?

Edited by tapoop

Still to early for any deaths on Delta or Walkure. I still think Herman's death flag is blowing strong. Felt that from the first episode.

As I mentioned earlier, unless they do something new with Keith v. Messer, their dogfights are getting boring now. There are 2 other modes they could fight it out in.

That's what I'm starting to feel too. I'm not necessarily a "kill em all" type, but could someone at least you know, have a mechanical failure, crash land, or....shudder...transform....

I'm starting to think that Kawamori might have a big surprise for us regarding the other modes? Otherwise I'm a bit baffled about their absence 9 episodes deep into the series.

Keep in mind, we weren't seeing Roy v. DD flying scissor patterns every week.

No, we were getting a sense of how combat in all three modes of a variable fighter would be like and it was epic! B))

Delta seems to be suffering from a lack of choreography from Kawamori-san.

Edited by Zinjo

So... capitalist Basara? :p

With the whole Wind is calling me maybe. Basara answered Graham when he asked why he was on Zola that the Wind brought him here.

I do wonder if the whole resembling somebody and Hayate receiving that Fold Quartz pendant from his father is a red herring.

I'm beginning to see a parallel between Mikumo and Hayate seeking meaning and purpose.

The reason the Nomes had a Fold Quartz earrings is that it is something left behind by the Protoculture. What if Hayate is like Mina Forte? The same for Mikumo. Both Mikumo and Hayate are synchronizing with Freyja.

I'm starting to think that Kawamori might have a big surprise for us regarding the other modes? Otherwise I'm a bit baffled about their absence 9 episodes deep into the series.

No. Hayate uses Battroid. Mirage ends up in GERWALK. Arad and Chuck don't seem to get much camera time. Just Keith v. Messer. Always in Fighter mode. Doing scissor patterns. EVERY WEEK. B.O.R.I.N.G. The first few episodes of those 2 fighting were fine, but then they started repeating it every time they met. I think that's why I'm loving Hayate v. Bogue more now. Hayate threw it down in episode 8 when he shot down Bogue. Now it's up to Bogue to return the favor or Hayate to piss off Bogue again.

Oh no, you mean they merge to form "Devastator!!!!"

The reason the Nomes had a Fold Quartz earrings is that it is something left behind by the Protoculture. What if Hayate is like Mina Forte? The same for Mikumo. Both Mikumo and Hayate are synchronizing with Freyja.

You mean like a threesome.... but where will that leave poor Mirage? She doesn't resonate with anyone, man, she might have to go to a corner and cry.

Speaking of the band, what was next week's title? Something about Axia? Why do I suddenly get the feeling that Bogue might actually succeed, because did they just set up Kaname to be pineapple saladed? Not sure why, but somehow, killing a female character might be more of a shock than just offing Herman or Bogue or Chuck or Messer. Because everybody likes Kaname, she's like big sister to everyone, and OUCH. Can you imagine if they kill her... in this case, though it shouldn't be Bogue that does the killing, it should be Keith.

It would be like Klan getting killed in place of Michael in Frontier.

Finally, I take back what I said about Keith being Brera. Based on the snippet he had with Roid, somehow I get the feeling that he knows a lot more than he is letting on.

Interesting theory cropped up by an anon. The reason why the hole at Scarfell is acting the way it is and the reason for the barrier around Windermere is that the MDE messed up the Protoculture ruin energy shaft leading to the planet's core. This is why Keith keeps saying they do not have time.

This is the reason Roid is adamant in securing the Protoculture ruins. He wants to save the planet than Keith's defeatist we cannot save the planet we must take other worlds for our people.

There's another subliminal sub at the last frame of the gg fansub file.

"Typical KBBQ is for poor losers who can't afford superior Japanese yakiniku (translation: Japanese grilled meat) which offers better cuts of meat.

You know I'm right."

For all their vaunted superhuman physical abilities and superior airframes they still haven't proven to be much of a match for Delta's plain ol' human scum pilots.

I don't think the Knights superhuman ability to make large leaps and be able to easily beat up normal humans in hand-to-hand combat are gonna help them much in the cockpit, maybe to withstand more G, but the Delta pilots have ICS for that, so probably about even.

And nowhere has it been stated or shown that the Sv-262 is a superior airframe to the VF-31. So far when flown by pilots of equal ability, the two variable fighters seem evenly matched.

I don't think the Knights superhuman ability to make large leaps and be able to easily beat up normal humans in hand-to-hand combat are gonna help them much in the cockpit, maybe to withstand more G, but the Delta pilots have ICS for that, so probably about even.

And nowhere has it been stated or shown that the Sv-262 is a superior airframe to the VF-31. So far when flown by pilots of equal ability, the two variable fighters seem evenly matched.

Even when up against natural superhuman ability in hand to hand combat they can always use ex-gear, I'm thinking. I guess we haven't really had a good circumstance were it can be used so far. The last episode they had to be incognito so they weren't able to have it on their person. It would have come in handy though.

make mine... Myung???

it'd be awesome if it's one of the Fallyna-Jenius women :wub: then it'll also be an interesting predicament for Mirage if indeed she ran away to the boondocks to get away from the burden of familial expectations.

no offense to Minmay but i think this Lady M is a strategist... brains behind the operations, catch my drift? ahhhh, it's so going to turn out to be Minmay, ain't it, hahahah :p

Saw it and gave it a neutral vote. Which from me when it comes to this series is a positive vote. I like it when they aren't trying to make things cute. I'm starting to cringe whenever Freya shows up. I just want to scream at her to stop being such a stereotype. Other than that good episode.

Hey next time why don't they just trying chasing after the Aerial Knight when they retreat? Better yet why doesn't their ship fire some of those guns as they retreat and be done with it? The Windermere army from what we've seen so far are 5 pilots and who ever is nearby that has the Var. Fire 100 missiles in the Aerial Knights direction as they retreat and you've defeated their entire army.

Now here's another question: How does one not die from the trauma of hulking up from Var and hulking down? Once it wears off your body is going to be totally ruined.

Yet another Lady M name drop.

Is there an poll on who we think it might be?

Minmei

Milia

Mylene

Misa

What are bookie odds?

I seriously doubt its any character from previous Macross series. For all we know Lady M could actually be a guy and the title "lady" is just a red herring.

Saw it and gave it a neutral vote. Which from me when it comes to this series is a positive vote. I like it when they aren't trying to make things cute. I'm starting to cringe whenever Freya shows up. I just want to scream at her to stop being such a stereotype. Other than that good episode.

Hey next time why don't they just trying chasing after the Aerial Knight when they retreat? Better yet why doesn't their ship fire some of those guns as they retreat and be done with it? The Windermere army from what we've seen so far are 5 pilots and who ever is nearby that has the Var. Fire 100 missiles in the Aerial Knights direction as they retreat and you've defeated their entire army.

Now here's another question: How does one not die from the trauma of hulking up from Var and hulking down? Once it wears off your body is going to be totally ruined.

WWupW7m.png

Can you tell whoever is posting your horrible opinions on 4chan to stop?

WWupW7m.png

Can you tell whoever is posting your horrible opinions on 4chan to stop?

That's 4chan. You can't simply ask them to stop unless it violates their own board rules. Complaining about them on that will just attract more attention and give them reason to post more including yours. Best you can do is ignore them.

Edited by Windrider

(I'm famous? They care enough of what I have to say about Delta post it beyond our forums? Finally something interesting about Delta - My opinion! I guess this means people do love me. They're hanging on my every word. I feel so encouraged!)

This topic's sole purpose is to solicit opinions about Delta. In general everyone can do so in these opinion seeking topics without others judging their opinions as horrible or not.

I'm beginning to see the potential conflict later with the revelation about the physical nature of Protoculture ruins.

On one side in order for Windermere to be saved they need Walkure's help to stabilize Windermere's ruins. This means giving up their dreams of a Starwind Sector. On the other lies the doubt Windermere can be saved thus conquer the cluster for Windermerans to colonize.

Windermere can't have both thus a potential for internal strife.

Then there are the NUN worlds affected by Var through Windermere's actions. Their opinion is likely unless Windermere surrenders unconditionally and be held accountable they would leave them to their fate.

This leaves up to Elysion crew, Walkure and Delta Platoon making a choice.

We see Windemere grunt Sv-262s when they invade Voldor, so the Windemere army is more than just the Aerial Knights.

I still think that the Sv-262 may have a built-in short-range internal fold drive as in this episode it mentions they de-folded inside Ragna's air defense space. But there was no mention or sign of a carrier ship de-folding with them, unless it had excellent stealth and wasn't detected.

I'm not buying that every time we see the Sv-262s de-fold they are riding the accompanying fold bubble of a parent ship, as we have yet to see a parent ship for them. Still wondering if this mysterious "Branch" that keeps getting mentioned is their ship or home base on Windemere.

I still think that the Sv-262 may have a built-in short-range internal fold drive as in this episode it mentions they de-folded inside Ragna's air defense space. But there was no mention or sign of a carrier ship de-folding with them, unless it had excellent stealth and wasn't detected.

I'm not buying that every time we see the Sv-262s de-fold they are riding the accompanying fold bubble of a parent ship, as we have yet to see a parent ship for them. Still wondering if this mysterious "Branch" that keeps getting mentioned is their ship or home base on Windemere.

post-9033-0-27038500-1464771450_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking this is a dual purpose fold drive and sensor package.

(I'm famous? They care enough of what I have to say about Delta post it beyond our forums? Finally something interesting about Delta - My opinion! I guess this means people do love me. They're hanging on my every word. I feel so encouraged!)

This topic's sole purpose is to solicit opinions about Delta. In general everyone can do so in these opinion seeking topics without others judging their opinions as horrible or not.

No one loves you or your garbage opinions.

That's 4chan. You can't simply ask them to stop unless it violates their own board rules. Complaining about them on that will just attract more attention and give them reason to post more including yours. Best you can do is ignore them.

Yeah I'll just keep ignoring them then. It's just annoying since the person posts it on multiple boards tries to turn "Macross" threads into "Moderator's nostalgia fuel'd blather on Macrossworld" threads.

attachicon.gifgg_Macross_Delta_-_09_BD3DC4AE.mkv_snapshot_16.41_2016.05.31_21.32.50.jpg

I'm thinking this is a dual purpose fold drive and sensor package.

I was thinking it was just a sensor package that the Aerial Knights were going to deploy/launch to the underwater Protoculture ruins on Ragna. I don't think any of the other Sv-262s were carrying it (have to review the footage again), which makes me think it's not a fold booster.

There is also the fact we haven't seen them exiting fold except for episode one which gave no close up. It is not impossible they are carrying fold boosters and dropping them, then picking them up when they leave. Frontier showed modern boosters are reusable, unlike in 7 and Plus.

That being said, the animation of their defold in episode 1 was unique. Blue and spiraly instead of the typical pinkish fold window. Maybe that is an indicator of something unique.

If you ask me, I think they shouldn't have changed the space fold aesthetic in Frontier. I liked it better in the older shows with the blinking and that sound effect.

Yet another Lady M name drop.

Is there an poll on who we think it might be?

Minmei

Milia

Mylene

Misa

What are bookie odds?

It wont be anyone from SDF:M. Remember, always remember the taint that lingers from HG upon the TV series IP. My money is on Mylene for.. no reason.

It wont be anyone from SDF:M. Remember, always remember the taint that lingers from HG upon the TV series IP.

Though I don't believe that Lady M's identity is any known female character in previous Macross series I really don't see Harmony Gold can do anything to stop Kawamori from using them. HG doesn't have any real copyright to SDF Macross much less co-own the Macross IP.

Edited by Windrider

This is honestly one of my favorite eps coupled with Ep 8. Even though they're using the same song it feels very different in the action sequences. Freya's solo rendition had an sense of emotional urgency that's been lacking in most of Delta's songs. The group rendition this time was more up tempo and played well with Messer's vars struggle.

I feel sorry for folks that love aerial battles but dropped Delta cause of the idolness. The dog fighting action has been top notch outside of the repetitive Keith/Messer crisscrossing dots.

I *SWOONED* at the VF-31a's. I actually thought they were mass produced YF-30's! I don't know why but I find their fighter mode so very sexy.

So my big prediction is that the point of scanning Ragna's ruins (a twin said something like "we can make the wind blow any time"?)is that they're going to blow them up and take the planet with.

Big raising of the stakes at that point. Evacuating with the Elysion ect.

So my big prediction is that the point of scanning Ragna's ruins (a twin said something like "we can make the wind blow any time"?)is that they're going to blow them up and take the planet with.

I think they mean they can use ragna ruin to spread var on ragna. heinz just has to target ragna

Nah, I bet they'll have Heinz song activate them remotely I bet so they can impede Delta Squadron by creating Var outbreaks there.

EDIT

Lol, Eko and I posted the same idea at the same time.

Edited by Master Dex

and about ruin water, ragna ruin is under water, does that mean entire ragna could be in trouble?

Possibly.

we dont know how many apples they already consume right?

Nope.