JM VF1J Hikaru

mojacko

Its been a long time since I posted here, so please be gentle. Its still a work in progress but its getting there. Manage to repair the shoulder for this booger, wet sand the entire thing, removed the old stickers then sprayed some primer unto it. I did manage to do post shading. Some work in progress WIPS.

IMG_0737_zps7x5ciz8r.jpg
IMG_0738_zpsfptzeefe.jpg
IMG_0739_zpsg1bbx0db.jpg
IMG_0744_zpsj3dvjoyb.jpg

mojacko, I have to ask, what masking tape did you use? I remember my off the shelf tape falls off easily when spraying the paint on the parts.

Thanks and cant wait to see the final product!

Honestly it was some el cheapo masking tape from dollarama, not bad for a buck. But of course if I have to go the right route I would definitely go with Tamiya Masking tapes. Recently bought a new masking tape from a nearby art shop but not Tamiya brand.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome job on that JM! You really did it the right way and it paid off. Did you sculpt the figure from scratch, or did you just modify the face/head on one?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job on that JM! You really did it the right way and it paid off. Did you sculpt the figure from scratch, or did you just modify the face/head on one?

Thanks! You mean the pilot? NO its a straight up repaint of the original which is pure dull green plastic.