The Third Party Gundam Thread

The engineering on these kits are actually pretty awful, they just make up for it (arguably) with sheer numbers. Of parts, that is. I've been working on the Rodams 1/72 "GP03" and "GP04," and have their Dendrobium equivalent in the wings, and I honestly wonder sometimes if I made a mistake, because putting them together - just snapping them together off the runners, no painting yet, no wiring yet - is like 75% frustrated fixing of parts and alignment, bad molding, etc., and 25% appreciating how parts come together or mechanical interactions work. These kits may go all in on color separation, but when they can't get pegs to align properly with sockets, you almost gotta ask yourself what the point is.

...eh I mean I say all that and yet EVEN THEN you check my credit card account and you'll notice a purchase just a couple days ago for the Mechanicore Ex-S Gundam, so... frakkin' picking our own poison, I guess, eh? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulda knocked on wood, I guess.

https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/MECHCORE-MASX-0033-EXS-EX-S

So I said last post about buying this kit, and it's supposed to be here today but hasn't updated tracking since the 4th. 

This is my first time having this happen to me, but I know some of you have horror stories to tell. Should I contact UPS, or the store? Should I be looking for a refund? a replacement? If the store fights back, who do I file a charge back claim with, PayPal or my CC?

Thanks, everyone.

48 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Shoulda knocked on wood, I guess.

https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/MECHCORE-MASX-0033-EXS-EX-S

So I said last post about buying this kit, and it's supposed to be here today but hasn't updated tracking since the 4th. 

This is my first time having this happen to me, but I know some of you have horror stories to tell. Should I contact UPS, or the store? Should I be looking for a refund? a replacement? If the store fights back, who do I file a charge back claim with, PayPal or my CC?

Thanks, everyone.

GMC is usually pretty good. I've ordered so much through them had 0 orders (knock on wood) never arrive. The 4th was last Wednesday and it shipped from their LA warehouse via UPS. The shipping estimate on the site says 6-12 days, I would honestly wait. It's a huge box. Try contacting GMC or message Yong Luo on their facebook group. PP or your CC company should have no issue disputing if it doesn't arrive after the estimated time.

Contact UPS too!

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

So I ordered this kit last month and ups did take a few extra days to get it to me. As said earlier I would give it another day or so then contact ups and it's a huge box, they can't miss it.

Also if you need any help or got questions about the model hit me up. It's a really great kit with a few problems but I'm loving every min of this build.

Yeah, GMC have never done me wrong either (and in this case, if something did go wrong it's almost assuredly on the UPS side of things), but what a way to start off the new year, eh? :lol: Thanks for the reassurance; I'll give it another day, and if there's still no update, I'll contact GMC tomorrow.

Just updating:

I contacted GMC via their store contact page. No reply.

Contacted GMC via their provided customer service email.

Opened a claim with UPS.

GMC replied to the email saying UPS had started an investigation.

UPS completed the investigation, saying a claim has been sent to GMC, and for me to contact GMC.

I emailed GMC Tuesday 1/17 letting them know. No response.

Emailed GMC again this morning. Awaiting reply.

(It just occurred to me that it's around Chinese New Year period, maybe why no response yet. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on that last email, oops.)

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Just updating:

I contacted GMC via their store contact page. No reply.

Contacted GMC via their provided customer service email.

Opened a claim with UPS.

GMC replied to the email saying UPS had started an investigation.

UPS completed the investigation, saying a claim has been sent to GMC, and for me to contact GMC.

I emailed GMC Tuesday 1/17 letting them know. No response.

Emailed GMC again this morning. Awaiting reply.

(It just occurred to me that it's around Chinese New Year period, maybe why no response yet. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on that last email, oops.)

Snip and sketch on my desktop wasnt working...

Screenshot_20230120-215539_Facebook.jpg.6a9504c67afb37c0b927ff8070e81079.jpgScreenshot_20230120-215554_Facebook.jpg.a8957f907a97b4d262b25058f4f989f5.jpg

• 1 month later...

So just an update on the Gundam Model Center order:

1) Got a response after the New Year ended that consisted of a picture of the tracking information.

2) I responded with my interpretation of the tracking information: The package was apparently not claim-eligible [by me] because I, the recipient, filed the claim;  "there is a contract or account restriction" in place between UPS and Gundam Model Center that only allows GMC to file claims... or something. Nevertheless, the same tracking info said that "a claim has been issued [by UPS] to the sender [GMC]," and for me to contact GMC. I asked GMC for an update and/or clarification if my interpretation was wrong.

3) GMC responded requesting that I "please be patient for update."

4) A month has passed since then with no word from GMC.

I'll be sending them another update request, but I gotta say, my patience is wearing thin.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

So it took a lot longer and a lot more cajoling than I'd have liked, but they finally got me a refund on Wednesday. Better late than never.

aww damn I'm sorry to hear about the hassle. I don't ever hear or read many issues with GMC and missing/lost shipments. They do have a fb group too.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just recently took a leap on this POS and does anyone know where to get the metal belt links and extra back pack accessories ? They used to be on ebay but now I cant seem to find them. It included 6 gatling guns but the backpack only has 2 ammo boxes on it and no metal links

https://gundamit.com/baile-model-1-100-nz-666-kshatriya-gundam-gatling-gun-funnel-effect-parts_p1827.html

Links in question seen below

https://showzstore.com/beam-gatling-gun-ammunition-belts-upgrade-kit-for-metal-club-mc-1-100-nz-666-kshatriya-set-of-4_p1411.html 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Those leds look nice

But will they fit the Metal Build Hi-Nu? 

I would assume it will. Because the model they used on the Hi-Nu promo photos looks like it's the Metal Build figure. I don't remember seeing a third party 1/100 kit of Hi-Nu based on the Metal Build design yet. Most of the promo shots only shows the lights on the Funnels and the Bazooka. The Nu LED on the other hand is for the kit and its weapons.

I love the KOSMOS LED kits.  I've used the kit for Barbatos and Nu, though I sold my Wing Zero one unfortunately.  This company is improving a lot too - their first release for Barbatos didn't fit the best so I had to shave off some plastic, and it only powered on by battery.  The remote was more bare bones as well.  The Nu version (which I think is their 5th release) can be charged via battery or micro USB (so I have it always plugged in by smart plug), a more robust remote, and even a good app that you can use to customize lighting patterns and sync with music.  The lighting options on the remote are more varied as well, with lots of different animations that can play in sequence.

Here's a quick vid of my Nu with the LED kit.  I also installed the DianChang alloy kit to make its inner frame alloy - it fit perfectly and allows it to hold up the fin funnels without any issue.  The fin funnels are the Daban double FF kit that has psycho frame - I like this better for the LED kit since the lights shine through the psycho frame a bit.  I also had the third party Nuclear high mobility backpack that looks more like Hi Nu backpack, but I didn't like it that much - it took away some of the charm from the Nu.

I considered getting the kit for the MB, but honestly I think it would look a bit cheap next to the premium finish of the Metal Build compared to a model kit.  Plus, I didn't want to risk using any glue or double sided tape on the MB (which you do need to use for the MG fin funnels).

Edited by bakerjin

4 hours ago, bakerjin said:

I love the KOSMOS LED kits.  I've used the kit for Barbatos and Nu, though I sold my Wing Zero one unfortunately.  This company is improving a lot too - their first release for Barbatos didn't fit the best so I had to shave off some plastic, and it only powered on by battery.  The remote was more bare bones as well.  The Nu version (which I think is their 5th release) can be charged via battery or micro USB (so I have it always plugged in by smart plug), a more robust remote, and even a good app that you can use to customize lighting patterns and sync with music.  The lighting options on the remote are more varied as well, with lots of different animations that can play in sequence.

Here's a quick vid of my Nu with the LED kit.  I also installed the DianChang alloy kit to make its inner frame alloy - it fit perfectly and allows it to hold up the fin funnels without any issue.  The fin funnels are the Daban double FF kit that has psycho frame - I like this better for the LED kit since the lights shine through the psycho frame a bit.  I also had the third party Nuclear high mobility backpack that looks more like Hi Nu backpack, but I didn't like it that much - it took away some of the charm from the Nu.

I considered getting the kit for the MB, but honestly I think it would look a bit cheap next to the premium finish of the Metal Build compared to a model kit.  Plus, I didn't want to risk using any glue or double sided tape on the MB (which you do need to use for the MG fin funnels).

Thanks for sharing @bakerjin. That looks awesome! :good: 

Can I ask how bright the light is? The only thing that I'm kind of worried is that the light that's emitting from the strip might look too bright for the figure. I was thinking of something that kinds of 'proportioned' to the figure rather than using the same brightness in real life. Like can the brightness be adjusted to the app or something to that effect? I'm just asking since the text shown on the image are all in Chinese so I don't know if there's a method of making the light a touch dimmer.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing @bakerjin. That looks awesome! :good: 

Can I ask how bright the light is? The only thing that I'm kind of worried is that the light that's emitting from the strip might look too bright for the figure. I was thinking of something that kinds of 'proportioned' to the figure rather than using the same brightness in real life. Like can the brightness be adjusted to the app or something to that effect? I'm just asking since the text shown on the image are all in Chinese so I don't know if there's a method of making the light a touch dimmer.

The brightness can be slightly controlled on the remote, but in all honesty it's quite bright even at the lowest setting.  The higher settings just get even brighter, haha.  I don't leave it on all the time, as I have it attached to a smart plug controlled by a separate lighting system, but my kids like to turn it on randomly or when they're reading in the living room.  You can also have it on a "standby" mode where only the eyes are lit up (in fact, when you plug this into an outlet, the on/off button on the remote only turns off the funnel LEDs, but not the eyes).

7 hours ago, bakerjin said:

The brightness can be slightly controlled on the remote, but in all honesty it's quite bright even at the lowest setting.  The higher settings just get even brighter, haha.  I don't leave it on all the time, as I have it attached to a smart plug controlled by a separate lighting system, but my kids like to turn it on randomly or when they're reading in the living room.  You can also have it on a "standby" mode where only the eyes are lit up (in fact, when you plug this into an outlet, the on/off button on the remote only turns off the funnel LEDs, but not the eyes).

Thanks @bakerjin! :) 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

If anyone is interested... since its a daban release:
https://gundamit.com/daban-1-60-pg-rx93v-gundam-model-kit_p2670.html

But it has a hefty tag... other sites/distributors are getting them in and eventually listing them in the oncoming days/weeks.

https://gundamit.com/daban-1-60-pg-rx93v-gundam-model-kit_p2670.html

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 8:48 AM, Test_Pilot_2 said:

I don't know if anyone has experience with this figure, but I just snagged this one for $299...

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/legend-of-star-general-mnq-05x-god-of-war-lu-bu-deluxe-ver-1-72-scale-figure

I'm expecting something to go sideways because that's a deep discount, but if not - it looks like a great deal?

da63bfd4-ee77-4956-b775-1423b38329da_1_900x900.jpg?v=1637946486

Please post an update if you are able to replicate that pose and how long it took.

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Its $589 on show z store. If you are into that Lu Blue figure it is one amazing deal to get it for half off .

https://showzstore.com/motor-nuclear-mnq-05x-lu-bu-deluxe-version_p3136.html

I picked up the ninja bot, too... It's at a fantastic price and in stock!!!

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/cangdao-cd-07j-ninja-chouchou-figure

NEW Unique Toys CangDao Model CD-07J Ninja Chouchou Action Figure from  Japan | eBay

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 4:04 AM, 68whiskey said:

So I just recently took a leap on this POS and does anyone know where to get the metal belt links and extra back pack accessories ? They used to be on ebay but now I cant seem to find them. It included 6 gatling guns but the backpack only has 2 ammo boxes on it and no metal links

https://gundamit.com/baile-model-1-100-nz-666-kshatriya-gundam-gatling-gun-funnel-effect-parts_p1827.html

Links in question seen below

https://showzstore.com/beam-gatling-gun-ammunition-belts-upgrade-kit-for-metal-club-mc-1-100-nz-666-kshatriya-set-of-4_p1411.html 

I think I have a extra set in my storage that I got my Metal Club version of it. If you're interested I'll track it down.

The KO Pose+ GaoGaiGar just went into preshipping on showz. The price is right. Hope the quality is decent.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2023 at 6:24 PM, Daraky said:

Newbie question,

I ordered a MB Strike Noir but I want to spice it up with some striker packs.

Are the MC Kingdom KO Striker packs from the Perfect Strike compatible and vice versa? How is the quality and would you recommend them? Thanks.

I just double checked my Strike Noir to be sure but the Regular strike, Strike Rouge and STrike Noir share the same rear mount so it should work. 

I also have some of those MC KOs from ShowZ and Gundamit. It all comes down to how OCD you are because the quality is ok if you stand more than 24in away. Any closer and youll see the nubs , the blemishes , the uneven paint and the finger prints of whoever assembled it.