The Third Party Gundam Thread

36 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

in a way seems awesome but also too good to be true. I'm asking another source if the 1/60 announcement is true, because the same manufacturer and pictures (they say MG on it) were just used a week or two ago to announce 1/100 MG metal parts. Also $40 for metal PG conversion parts seems too good to be true.

Also the comments on gundammit's listings also express confusion to the scaling as well.

You're right. I didn't read the comments at first. Hopefully ShowZ/GunDamit can correct it so that it don't mislead customers. Thanks for clearing that up. :good: 

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thanks fore posting!

PO'd one for the standard Unicorn.

Fingers crossed they do one for the RX-78 Unleashed, PG Perfect Strike and Zaku II also. May have to cross all of my fingers.:D

You're welcome. But based on what mentioned above, it's best that you contact them to confirm that it's really for 1/60. :good: 

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're right. I didn't read the comments at first. Hopefully ShowZ/GunDamit can correct it so that it don't mislead customers. Thanks for clearing that up. :good: 

You're welcome. But based on what mentioned above, it's best that you contact them to confirm that it's really for 1/60. :good: 

I almost jump the gun on ordering and told myself... wait a darrrrrn minute, LOL.

I own too many pg Unicorns and variants, they almost got me there. Oh and don't ask how many or I may just squeel, LOL. XD 🤪🤣

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks, regardless of if it's PG or MG, I have both kits so went in for a Phenex one.

2 hours ago, Rock said:

I'mm be waiting for SH's 1/60 Deathscythe. The HeavyArms they did looked mint!

is that the $1500 unpainted resin kit?\

double checked; it the $400~600 unpainted resin kit that they'll charge an extra 2 grand to paint and assemble for you. 🥴

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Sure! I’m in if they have a 5 year zero down, zero interest payment plan! :D 

Do people actually buy this stuff? I'm down for some really expensive toys. But multiple thousands of dollars for a garage kit? Even Bandai swings and misses on quality. Getting one of these things is a HUGE risk.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Do people actually buy this stuff? I'm down for some really expensive toys. But multiple thousands of dollars for a garage kit? Even Bandai swings and misses on quality. Getting one of these things is a HUGE risk.

Only the stupidly rich. Anyone want to support my onlyfans account?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up a Steel Legend this morning from USA Gundam Store...

Now to hit up ShowZ and pre-order Lazengann and Gunbuster... Gonna be hard not to get CCS Getter, but have to prioritize, lol. Odds the CCS Gunbuster will be similar to the SOC with Buster 1 and 2 combining?

I'm thinking they're kinda low at this point, but hoping they do.

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

ShowZ/Gundamit has the new painted version of Sinanju on sale for US$165.99. Original pice US$189.99.

https://showzstore.com/honglajiao-1-100-ms-10s-msn-06-sinanju_p1879.html

https://gundamit.com/honglajiao-1-100-ms-10s-msn-06-sinanju_p0336.html

image.jpeg

These have been out for a while now. The are junky garbage and this is a reboot of the turd. The reviews speak for themselves and I bought two of the last glossy red model just to be able to make one good functioning model. Then I had to Joint Fix the weak joints it had. Its good for bonus accessories but I wouldnt touch this one. If you look at the links you sent , youll realize reviews in one link are so bad they had to start a second listing to avoid the broken joints issue

On a side note. I know Show Z and GUndamnit are the same company techincally but whoever runs GUndamit has some horrible customer service. 

Edited by 68whiskey

43 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

These have been out for a while now. The are junky garbage and this is a reboot of the turd. The reviews speak for themselves and I bought two of the last glossy red model just to be able to make one good functioning model. Then I had to Joint Fix the weak joints it had. Its good for bonus accessories but I wouldnt touch this one. If you look at the links you sent , youll realize reviews in one link are so bad they had to start a second listing to avoid the broken joints issue

On a side note. I know Show Z and GUndamnit are the same company techincally but whoever runs GUndamit has some horrible customer service. 

Yup, I did read the reviews. I only shared the link due to the fact that some members here are asking for this before so I shared just in case they still want to get it.

I had read many horror stories about the original glossy release, but decided to take a gamble on this new matte paint reissue.  Maybe my expectations were set pretty low by its negative reviews, but my overall opinion on the matte reissue is high.  It's packaged much better than the unboxings I've seen of the original, with each individual piece in a separate section of a clamshell, though you still need to assemble everything together.  I have no loose joints at all - in fact, some joints are a bit TOO tight, but it allows for the figure to hold its pose quite well.  

I think the plastic has a less premium feel than what I expect from Metal Build and Moshow, but I still really like the matte paint.  Also, the diecast seems like it's less dense or something because the figure is not as heavy as I'd expect from a figure with diecast inner frame.  I think it's worth the asking price though, but that's just my subjective opinion.  The lighting gimmicks are nice though I rarely use them, but they last a long time (unlike my CCS Mazinger that stopped working after 4 days).

image.jpeg.0d936e42b233936c5184456a7ef394a1.jpeg

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, JakCrow said:

So de and Kanda Toy Group have both shown off a MB Crossbones Gundam supposedly by Poison Toys and being called the "Pirate King". Anyone seen anything about this?

Looks like it's new. A KO of MB Crossbone. Gundamit has it for preorder for US$128.99.

https://gundamit.com/heixiu-model-mb-crossbone-gundam-x-1_p1698.html

On 10/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it's new. A KO of MB Crossbone. Gundamit has it for preorder for US$128.99.

https://gundamit.com/heixiu-model-mb-crossbone-gundam-x-1_p1698.html

Def worth it for the for the extra parrot accessory and extra cape parts. Those gold ish button cape pieces were easy to break. In case you want to throw a parrot or cape on the X3 or dual wield pistols this might be a good way to go. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this review for the (officially licensed) Heat Boys TMNT Leonardo mech.

While I have the SHF Turtles for my collection the video convinced me to preorder their Shredder since Bandai did abandon their TMNT line after the four Turtles.

So they will fight a Super Shredder like mecha on my shelves.

image.jpeg.e9aa0f38257327458a95eabaa49b6d2a.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...