The Third Party Gundam Thread

On 12/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, slaginpit said:

so a semi kit needs painting 

They're out of their minds. Even at $1000 that's out of control. Maaaaaayyyyybbbeeee it would be reasonable with killer paint apps/decals and some good reviews to back it up. I'm thinking more like $750 though. 

I can be into a PG all built and painted by a top notch pro for less than that. Yeah, it wouldn't have a metal frame. But it would look perfect.

Speaking of. I wish someone made metal frames for the PG's.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:59 AM, brannon said:

If you missed metal build Sinaju. Or more like me and like flat colors rather than glossy here you go. $177 shipped from Gundamit.com

https://gundamit.com/honglajiao-1-100-ms-10s-msn-06-sinanju_p0336.html

B5BB79C0-86B1-40EE-B8A4-3A7257EF07C1.png

On 11/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Yeah. I scored the first glossy version. It's a metal skelly and snap on parts. Not all but much of it. I think the second release it had an actual molded box with plastic trays. 

Parts fall off a lot. 

On 11/25/2021 at 10:43 PM, weiser21 said:

Is it worth getting? Should I wait for an official Bandai release?

I bought two of the first batch of the glossy ones. The quality on both of them was pretty bad. Parts fall off randomly and the hands need to be super glued to hold anything. As much as I want this I too will be passing. Its the same HongLaJiao company making it again with a different coat of paint, I highly doubt they have improved the previous model and/or addressed the shortcomings it had. 

Im also pissed with Gundamits Customer Service. I sent them a message about how they changed their listing on the 1/72 Strike and left out the sword and they basically said " Sorry, we cant do anything". They do not feel like an extension of Show Z store , they feel like they are just coasting off of the name. Just a heads up for anyone who hasnt dealt with Gundamit before 

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Steel Legend, the 3rd party company that made one of the best Kashatrya 1/100s, is coming out with a new product. 

pre-order in. 

I just found it on Gundammit. Holy smokes. Only $300 plus shipping? I'm shocked it's so little.

https://gundamit.com/steel-legend-gundam-amazing-exia_p0713.html

Edited by sqidd

38 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Steel Legend, the 3rd party company that made one of the best Kashatrya 1/100s, is coming out with a new product. 

pre-order in. 

The quality of the Steel Legend Kshatriya was top notch. I hope more companies come out with 1/60 sized metal builds.

4 hours ago, Draft said:

I thought the quality of Kshatriya from MC is a tad better than SL, but I have never seen it myself though. I only have the MC (both red and green) because of that info I heard.

The MC were cool but they were small and didnt do the Kshatriya justice as it was a big frame in the anime. Steel Legends did it more justice and the extra fin funnel kit + Booster Kit was a pretty slick add on too. 

2 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

The MC were cool but they were small and didnt do the Kshatriya justice as it was a big frame in the anime. Steel Legends did it more justice and the extra fin funnel kit + Booster Kit was a pretty slick add on too. 

You made me tempted to get one, lol. Will have to wait for them to re-issue again. The resell price here in Thailand is absurd nowaday.

21 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

pre-order in. 

Already sold out at Gundammit. Anyone else know of another source?

On 3/18/2022 at 11:37 PM, Draft said:

I thought the quality of Kshatriya from MC is a tad better than SL, but I have never seen it myself though. I only have the MC (both red and green) because of that info I heard.

I've got both, they are just different. MC has better detailing and paint, a bit more traditional Kshatriya styling, but plastic is a bit lighter/brittle. SL is more stylized and angular, much larger binders, heavier, but more robust and playable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty new to the world of third party Gundam in general, but it seems like I may have missed out on the hey day of a lot of great original releases.  Are figures like the Steel Legend or MC Kshatriya or Jiang Gao MB Sazabi available anywhere anymore?

On 4/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, bakerjin said:

I'm pretty new to the world of third party Gundam in general, but it seems like I may have missed out on the hey day of a lot of great original releases.  Are figures like the Steel Legend or MC Kshatriya or Jiang Gao MB Sazabi available anywhere anymore?

I found some over AliExpress but the shipping is too much to U.S.

Mechanicore 1/72 MAS-10 Full Hatches Opened Zygapophysis RX-78GP01 Gundam Model Kit Deluxe Normal Version
https://gundamit.com/masx-mas10-zygapophysis-deluxe-normal_p0804.html

Mechanicore 1/72 MAS-10 Full Hatches Opened Zygapophysis RX-78GP01 Gundam Model Kit Standard Version
https://gundamit.com/masx-mas10-zygapophysis-standard_p0803.html

Mechanicore 1/72 MAS-10 Full Hatches Opened Zygapophysis RX-78GP01 Gundam Model Kit Deluxe Camouflage Version
https://gundamit.com/masx-mas10-zygapophysis-deluxe-camouflage_p0805.html

fd819840a7.jpg

69f0601b75.jpg

8930b36899.jpg

8658943e5e.jpg

b64c59b63f.jpg

692507977d.jpg

c24883f680.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 5/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, 68whiskey said:

GUndamnit stealthily dropped a Strike Rouge KO with Ootori backpack

https://gundamit.com/metal-kingdom-aile-strike-rouge-ootori_p0714.html

Also dropped a Strike KO with Sword and Blaster

https://gundamit.com/metal-kingdom-perfect-strike-gundam_p0711.html

I'm curious to see how the Perfect Aile Strike pack looks. And it's the only thing I want to use it on my MB Strike. Don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars for the whole set again.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks fore posting!

PO'd one for the standard Unicorn.

Fingers crossed they do one for the RX-78 Unleashed, PG Perfect Strike and Zaku II also. May have to cross all of my fingers.:D

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

in a way seems awesome but also too good to be true. I'm asking another source if the 1/60 announcement is true, because the same manufacturer and pictures (they say MG on it) were just used a week or two ago to announce 1/100 MG metal parts. Also $40 for metal PG conversion parts seems too good to be true.

Also the comments on gundammit's listings also express confusion to the scaling as well.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

36 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

in a way seems awesome but also too good to be true. I'm asking another source if the 1/60 announcement is true, because the same manufacturer and pictures (they say MG on it) were just used a week or two ago to announce 1/100 MG metal parts. Also $40 for metal PG conversion parts seems too good to be true.

Also the comments on gundammit's listings also express confusion to the scaling as well.

You're right. I didn't read the comments at first. Hopefully ShowZ/GunDamit can correct it so that it don't mislead customers. Thanks for clearing that up. :good: 

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thanks fore posting!

PO'd one for the standard Unicorn.

Fingers crossed they do one for the RX-78 Unleashed, PG Perfect Strike and Zaku II also. May have to cross all of my fingers.:D

You're welcome. But based on what mentioned above, it's best that you contact them to confirm that it's really for 1/60. :good: