The Third Party Gundam Thread

3 hours ago, brannon said:

Thanks for your input. To be honest ohmyPrimus has a lot of stuff not sold readily in the US hence why I used them before. Also unless their selling licensed items their price is pretty good to me. But since last year their shipping has gone through the roof. I see no option for economy shipping. Also adding another item to the cart just doubles the price. That’s how I see it from my US standpoint though. 

Hey, no worries; I get where you're coming from. If OhMyPrimus is really getting too expensive and you have a friend who reads Chinese, you can consider getting stuff directly from Taobao and using a shipping provider to get it shipped to you. Airmail shouldn't be too expensive. 

12 hours ago, izrolan said:

The video review on Bilibili is also on YouTube.

The toy comes with the Aile Striker but commenters on the Chinese site have bashed it for having colour separation worse than a HG's. Many commenters are also bashing the Strike for its looks, loose joints (especially the waist joint; with the Aile Striker on, the Gundam's torso tilts backwards) and generally inferior quality compared to Mo Show, but I think they're too harsh. I do like that the design is inspired by the Metal Build Strike and PG Strike and that the armour movements are pretty smooth. As always, YMMV.

Some commenters are speculating that this product is from Nameless, i.e. the company that produced two horrible batches of a Freedom Gundam that had terrible quality control issues. If this is really something made by Nameless, there'll very likely be many angry customers. 

They should've not copied MB style Aile Pack. That's one thing I really don't like with the MB even though I did got one. I really didn't like how the big wings were folding and that added expanding on those boosters, I don't like it too. I kind of like how the proportion of this goes compared to the MoShow one. After seeing everything, I think the MoShow is superior than this new one.

Some other things that I didn't like:
- The waist joint doesn't hold well when the Aile Pack is attached
- Blue eyes when lit
- The MB style Aile Backpack
- Joints tends to get loose very quick (My MoShow is still tight as of today)

Though I'm looking forward to see how the upcoming packs to fit in the Aile Pack seeing there's already a peg hole under the Beam Sabre hilts.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:44 PM, no3Ljm said:

They should've not copied MB style Aile Pack. That's one thing I really don't like with the MB even though I did got one. I really didn't like how the big wings were folding and that added expanding on those boosters, I don't like it too. I kind of like how the proportion of this goes compared to the MoShow one. After seeing everything, I think the MoShow is superior than this new one.

Some other things that I didn't like:
- The waist joint doesn't hold well when the Aile Pack is attached
- Blue eyes when lit
- The MB style Aile Backpack
- Joints tends to get loose very quick (My MoShow is still tight as of today)

Though I'm looking forward to see how the upcoming packs to fit in the Aile Pack seeing there's already a peg hole under the Beam Sabre hilts.

not a fan of V2. I still like my V1 if its the same company Plus the MOSHO one has light up cameras and boosters 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just put up my Snow White over the weekend, takes up pretty much an entire Detolf shelf, and the wings are a bit restricted.

So yeah, likes lots of display space.

Is it the KO one? Can you post some pics? I just see the same pics online from these two listings. No vids/pics on the community side.

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

https://gundamit.com/navigator-toys-bandai-xxxg-00w0-wing-gundam-zero-ew_p0073.html

Has anyone ever bought something by Navigator Toys before. Can't seem to find any reviews on them.

From my understanding is that they're a painting/assembly service company. Not an actual 3rd party manufacturer with their own products. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

From my understanding is that they're a painting/assembly service company. Not an actual 3rd party manufacturer with their own products. 

So it's not a die cast frame if they using MG kits. I wonder how they make money if the base kits are indeed Bandai.

11 hours ago, weiser21 said:

So it's not a die cast frame if they using MG kits. I wonder how they make money if the base kits are indeed Bandai.

From my understanding they're not using a diecast frame, the cost would be too high. I discussed the item/company with a friend last month iirc from the discussion if they do use a diecast frame it would be one of the 3rd party inserts that were made available only for four models. Iirc those were released mainly the seed line. The profit for painting and assembling would go down.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

They could be painting/assembling another 3rd party figure.

From the same discussion with my friend we compared various photos of the original bandai kit, with a daban and i think one of the third party manufacturer (a dragon momoko?) and the conclusion was they were actually using the bandai kits in their pictures.

7 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

From my understanding they're not using a diecast frame, the cost would be too high. I discussed the item/company with a friend last month iirc from the discussion if they do use a diecast frame it would be one of the 3rd party inserts that were made available only for four models. Iirc those were released mainly the seed line. The profit for painting and assembling would go down.

From the same discussion with my friend we compared various photos of the original bandai kit, with a daban and i think one of the third party manufacturer (a dragon momoko?) and the conclusion was they were actually using the bandai kits in their pictures.

Maybe the scanned the Bandai kits in and re-produced them? That technology is pretty easy.

Yeah, I can't see how they could buy Bandai kits and make money????

36 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an email  saying  my mcshow strike got shipped out today, so hopefully I'll have it in about a week or so. Was on the fence but for 168 shipped I couldn't resist.

Can you let us know how you like it? The video that was posted about it wasn't very flattering and I took a pass. If it's decent I'll get one. Thanks

On 9/23/2021 at 12:51 AM, blitz said:

Here's the review video on YouTube.

I just got mine yesterday.

The quality is quite good (around 80-90% of the original one), the paint job and joints are better than the normal color KO one.

I haven't displayed mine yet, but friend told me that the Drei Swerg is stiff enough to not even require the support arm, lol.

The price that I PO back then was 6,300 Thai Baht (~200 USD).

9 minutes ago, Draft said:

Here's the review video on YouTube.

I just got mine yesterday.

The quality is quite good (around 80-90% of the original one), the paint job and joints are better than the normal color KO one.

I haven't displayed mine yet, but friend told me that the Drei Swerg is stiff enough to not even require the support arm, lol.

The price that I PO back then was 6,300 Thai Baht (~200 USD).

Any pics?

12 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Any pics?

These are all that my friend sent to me. I haven't displayed mine yet.
The detail of wing parts are great, the place that inferior when compare to the original tends to be from the body part's paint job that isn't as good as the original one (not bad, just not at the same level with original).

*The last pic is SW prelude standing next to Bandai's original color.

1224732.jpg

1224733.jpg

1224734.jpg

1224736.jpg

1224737.jpg

1224735.jpg

1224738.jpg

7 hours ago, Draft said:

These are all that my friend sent to me. I haven't displayed mine yet.
The detail of wing parts are great, the place that inferior when compare to the original tends to be from the body part's paint job that isn't as good as the original one (not bad, just not at the same level with original).

*The last pic is SW prelude standing next to Bandai's original color.

1224732.jpg

1224733.jpg

1224734.jpg

1224736.jpg

1224737.jpg

1224735.jpg

1224738.jpg

@DraftThanks for the pics. Not bad for $200. What other Gundam KOs do they make? Do you get them from aliexpress or are there other retailers?

Edited by weiser21
Added commentary

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Anyone know where I can still get this SW prelude KO ?

The second AliExpress link that @Draft posted is $215 plus $32 shipping to USA. I don’t know if they charge tax. 

Edited by weiser21
Added commentary

5 hours ago, weiser21 said:

@DraftThanks for the pics. Not bad for $200. What other Gundam KOs do they make? Do you get them from aliexpress or are there other retailers?

I got mine from local dealer here in Thailand.

My suggest is getting him through Aliexpress could be the easiest way, but contact the seller first to inform him about declaring price.

Some retailer might help you guys by declare fake price to avoid importing tax.

Or you might try to find him from local dealer in your country as well.

I have no idea about other KO that they made, some said it's old member of Metal Club(MC), but some said it's the new company.

Edited by Draft
Add response detail.

Anyone know how to remove some of the yellowing on clear plastics in KO kits? I bought a "like new" MC 00 raiser from eBay and the clear parts to hold the weapons are very yellow. I read retrobrite worked but I'm not sure how the plastic will tolerate the h2o2.