The Third Party Gundam Thread

3 hours ago, blitz said:

Do we have any confirmation if the original release's launcher/sword packs will or won't be compatible with this "reissue"?

There's no confirmation or any. But if they're the same, a 'reissue' of the first one, then it's safe to assume that it's going to be compatible with the Launcher and Sword Pack. Please also note that Launcher and Sword Pack were under Poinson Toys brand. And the Strike is MoShow.

At this point everyone's guesses is as good as yours and mine whether McShow is also MoShow.

2 hours ago, izrolan said:

Yet Taobao sellers have all told me this is not Mo Show but Mcshow or some other new factory. I've compared photos of the Mo Show Strike to this new Strike and they seem to be the same, however. We'll only be able to tell when someone actually gets the Gundam. 

True , definitely more waiting time .  And right now those photos could just be from the original 1/72 MoShow Strike Gundam and not a actual sample .

but here’s something positive to think about .   from all the 3rd party /KO company that I heard of , None of them ever used another 3rd party / KO company’s name on their own product. They may copy your item and rip you off but will still slap their own logo on it . 😛

8 hours ago, F360 said:

True , definitely more waiting time .  And right now those photos could just be from the original 1/72 MoShow Strike Gundam and not a actual sample .

but here’s something positive to think about .   from all the 3rd party /KO company that I heard of , None of them ever used another 3rd party / KO company’s name on their own product. They may copy your item and rip you off but will still slap their own logo on it . 😛

Well, it was OhMyPrimus that first claimed that the new Strike is made by Mo Show, and I think ShowZ followed suit without checking. None of the Taobao sellers have stated that the manufacturer is Mo Show; some even included "McShow" in the product listing. Hence, I doubt the manufacturer of this new Strike actually claimed to be Mo Show and I would very much like to know where OhMyPrimus got their information, especially because there is a possibility that buyers are being misled.

7 hours ago, eggy99 said:

There is always the possibility that McShow were able to get the molds from MoShow to release under their own name, that is assuming Bandai did not confiscate everything in the raids.

True, but it's strange then that they took so long to reissue the Strike. Also, having the same molds does not necessarily mean producing a product of similar quality to the original Mo Show Strike. That product is the stuff of legend.

Edited by izrolan

Guys, please don't be confused or misled. You guys have been misled for days.

The new 2021 1/72 Strike is not the same mould as the 2016 Moshow one, and the ShowZ listing is likely to be referring to the 2021 one but used images of the 2016 one judging by the release date and contents.

ShowZ's pics were from a review dated 2016.

6a766cdf8db1cb135b0beeaaca54564e93584b03.jpg

6bf4f45c103853432eac55988413b07ecb808803.jpg

67cc811bb051f819f846d1f3cdb44aed2f73e703.jpg

b9cfa2ef76c6a7ef055870ccb8faaf51f2de6639.jpg

434b387b02087bf466537353e5d3572c10dfcf2f.jpg

21 minutes ago, calubin_175 said:

The new 2021 1/72 Strike is not the same mould as the 2016 Moshow one, and the ShowZ listing is likely to be referring to the 2021 one but used images of the 2016 one judging by the release date and contents.

Thank you for the comparisons pics :lol:.   I think the Moshow looks better (shorter skirts :D)  

This newer one seems to be a hybird between the PG and the Metal build. 

8 minutes ago, calubin_175 said:

Ok. I'm trying to dissect the photos you posted above.

So based on this photo below, it looks like the right one is the same as what ShowZ/Gundamit posted on their site judging by the connector on the back. Are you saying that the left one is going to be the new 1/72 Strike model? If it is, then the Launcher and Sword Pack is not going to fit.

From ShowZ/Gundamit 2021 listing:

6d910c7aff.jpg.c9ccbe4cf675f2390ea9cc27a92c1e39.jpg

Photo below is MoShow's Aile Mecha Warrior 2016 release which I think it looks the same as the above photo.

reduced-11666_image_11666_106.jpg.22bde168ac4878d69be3c8e862aa90e8.jpg

1 minute ago, F360 said:

Thank you for the comparisons pics :lol:.   I think the Moshow looks better (shorter skirts :D)  

This newer one seems to be a hybird between the PG and the Metal build. 

I'm actually thinking of the same thing. And I was hoping that this new 1/72 version would copy more of the PG aesthetics than the MB's.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm actually thinking of the same thing. And I was hoping that this new 1/72 version would copy more of the PG aesthetics than the MB's.

yup.  I love that Perfect Grade look.    Any Mecha that can do this pose is a automatically  WIN in my book.

p09_12.jpg.ed469a6b149780d2e0a2d82088afac29.jpg

7 minutes ago, F360 said:

yup.  I love that Perfect Grade look.    Any Mecha that can do this pose is a automatically  WIN in my book.

p09_12.jpg.ed469a6b149780d2e0a2d82088afac29.jpg

The only thing that's missing now is a cup of coffee and a toilet seat. Hahaha! :lol: 

I really don't understand why all these third party companies insist on 1/72 scale. Nothing Gundam is ever in that scale. I can't be the only person turned off by the fact these won't fit in with any of bandai's toys/models.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I'm trying to dissect the photos you posted above.

Me too. Please, @calubin_175 /anyone/everyone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my take:

• The *new* McShow/MoShow Aile Strike model is an oversized version of the metal build. (As shown in Calubin's last photo, included as 2nd pic below.)
  • In Calubin's photos, the new 2021 figure is on left, the original 2016 MoShow figure is on right.
  • Gundamit listing has photos of the original 2016 version.
  • OnMyPrimus listing has new 2021 version - states it includes the extra armor parts. (But also shows a picture with Aile Striker on the back...I wonder if that's included?)
  • F360/no3Ljm : you both are saying you prefer the right one, which is closer in styling to the PG, correct? And that would be MoShow 2016 then?

I think for the time being, I'm going to assume McShow is different than MoShow and therefore the labels would be: MoShow (2016) and McShow (2021). I definitely prefer what I think is MoShow (2016), but as long as the price is good for McShow (2021), I'll still pick it up. But I am waiting before picking up any weapon sets in the meantime.

Calubin:

comparison-01.jpg.54c1cff6ade93536584a078eb179e23e.jpg

comparison-02.jpg.04b7794ff4d0dba48d9e58c863e69349.jpg

Gumdamit:

moshow-gundamit-6d910c7aff.jpg.00f1012818e9f83ee997ef05d06983a0.jpg

OnMyPrimus:

moshow_x105_arch_angel.jpg.23d6a7a7df0aa5e7245cd435eb61f3d2.jpg

Thanks for providing clarification @calubin_175.

1 hour ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Me too. Please, @calubin_175 /anyone/everyone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my take:

• The *new* McShow/MoShow Aile Strike model is an oversized version of the metal build. (As shown in Calubin's last photo, included as 2nd pic below.)
  • In Calubin's photos, the new 2021 figure is on left, the original 2016 MoShow figure is on right.
  • Gundamit listing has photos of the original 2016 version.
  • OnMyPrimus listing has new 2021 version - states it includes the extra armor parts. (But also shows a picture with Aile Striker on the back...I wonder if that's included?)
  • F360/no3Ljm : you both are saying you prefer the right one, which is closer in styling to the PG, correct? And that would be MoShow 2016 then?

I think for the time being, I'm going to assume McShow is different than MoShow and therefore the labels would be: MoShow (2016) and McShow (2021). I definitely prefer what I think is MoShow (2016), but as long as the price is good for McShow (2021), I'll still pick it up. But I am waiting before picking up any weapon sets in the meantime.

• I wouldn't say it's a direct oversized version of the Metal Build. As @F360 pointed out, it's kind of a hybrid of Perfect Grade and Metal Build.
  • After inspecting and looking at it back and forth, it's say to say the left is 2021 and the right is the 2016 MoShow's.
  • It looks like it after inspecting.
  • One can assume. Besides, it's just going to be weird if the only added extra for Strike is going to be the Musha Gundam looking armor and not the Aile Pack. ;) 
  • Yes, for me it would be nice if this new one is going to be closer to Perfect Grade. And no, I don't think MoShow can be said a scaled down of Perfect Grade's. I don't have a Perfect Grade Strike but I can tell that the MoShow is thicker looking than the Perfect Grade model.

As for the price, I think this new one is already reasonable for US$138.70 (OhMyPrimus pricing).

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I really don't understand why all these third party companies insist on 1/72 scale. Nothing Gundam is ever in that scale. I can't be the only person turned off by the fact these won't fit in with any of bandai's toys/models.

I think they do it for people like me. I for one think that the 1/100 MB's are too small. I had a bunch, then sold them all.

Chinese sellers mentioned that dedicated new launcher and sword armor packs are planned for the 2021 Mcshow one in the future.

We are still unsure if it is really is Mcshow(A01 Destiny and A02 SFreedom), a video sample review will be coming soon. The 960g without backpack is pretty close to 2016 Moshow's weight.

Moshow(Takeda Shingen) has issued a public statement that they have no association with this 2021 1/72 Strike.

Only low profile sellers are selling this new 2021 Strike and it has been dubbed 2.0 to ride on the success of the 2016 one. I think the company is keeping a low profile by going through small stores(50 pcs esch) rather than major stores(1000+ pcs each).

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I think they do it for people like me. I for one think that the 1/100 MB's are too small. I had a bunch, then sold them all.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

It is called differentiation. When 2016 Moshow came in they offered the first Gundam toy that defeated Bandai, It was larger, heavier, sturdier and more affordable than anything Bandai has done.

If they had done 1/100 or 1/60, some random ignorant collectors will just say their 1/100 MG or 1/60 PG just serves the same purpose. I know tons of "Gunpla only" people who have not touched a prebuilt toy and are still skeptical of the differences between two categories in terms sculpt, construction, plastic and weight. Maybe many of these factors are irrelevant to them just like how some people will not touch luxury cars(way more money at stake than a Tamashii Nation fig though).

1 hour ago, calubin_175 said:

Chinese sellers mentioned that dedicated new launcher and sword armor packs are planned for the 2021 Mcshow one in the future.

We are still unsure if it is really is Mcshow(A01 Destiny and A02 SFreedom), a video sample review will be coming soon. The 960g without backpack is pretty close to 2016 Moshow's weight.

Moshow(Takeda Shingen) has issued a public statement that they have no association with this 2021 1/72 Strike.

Only low profile sellers are selling this new 2021 Strike and it has been dubbed 2.0 to ride on the success of the 2016 one. I think the company is keeping a low profile by going through small stores(50 pcs esch) rather than major stores(1000+ pcs each).

Is there some links that you can provide regarding this planned new Launcher and Sword Pack and the public statement from MoShow?

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is there some links that you can provide regarding this planned new Launcher and Sword Pack and the public statement from MoShow?

No links. A friend of mine enquired about the availability of the 2021 Strike from a chinese seller on Sunday morning and he added in the reply that the launcher and sword packs are in the works for a future release. This store was the first store to list the item and was also the first public source on this product. They sold 1000+ orders overnight before this item was being widely circulated in the toy collecting community and being listed by other sellers.

Attached is the public statement from Moshow denying that it is their product. They said that in recent days there has been an IP infringing product being discussed in forums that has been falsely associated with their Moshow name.....

Meanwhile, Chinese sample review is up on Bilibili

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ig411V7gR

You could compare with a chinese review on Youtube for the 2016 one.

Both figures are approximately 790g before adding the backpack. IIRC, 1/72 Buster was about 1.3-1.5kg, Vientiane Destiny, Gerbera and Kampfer were all around 1.5-1.6kg. 

In terms of value for money it is there. The 2021 Strike is priced like a 2018 Moshow toy(Buster and Destiny), but if there were to be a Moshow quality Gundam toy to be introduced and sold today, it would be higher than the price of the Kampfer.

In short, for the price point, the 2021 Strike is good and not a failure, if you want a higher quality product, you would need to pay the Kampfer price point or one like the Motor Nuclear ones (MNQ).

moshow28aug.jpg

Edited by calubin_175

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:
  • I wouldn't say it's a direct oversized version of the Metal Build. As @F360 pointed out, it's kind of a hybrid of Perfect Grade and Metal Build.
  • After inspecting and looking at it back and forth, it's say to say the left is 2021 and the right is the 2016 MoShow's.
  • It looks like it after inspecting.
  • One can assume. Besides, it's just going to be weird if the only added extra for Strike is going to be the Musha Gundam looking armor and not the Aile Pack. ;) 
  • Yes, for me it would be nice if this new one is going to be closer to Perfect Grade. And no, I don't think MoShow can be said a scaled down of Perfect Grade's. I don't have a Perfect Grade Strike but I can tell that the MoShow is thicker looking than the Perfect Grade model.

As for the price, I think this new one is already reasonable for US$138.70 (OhMyPrimus pricing).

Not reasonable at all. It's on Taobao for 699 RMB.

11 hours ago, calubin_175 said:

Thanks for the information. Do you have any idea why McShow released this instead of the Strike Freedom? Any word on when the 1/72 Strike Freedom will be released?

1 hour ago, izrolan said:

Thanks for the information. Do you have any idea why McShow released this instead of the Strike Freedom? Any word on when the 1/72 Strike Freedom will be released?

There is still no confirmation as to whether this is Mcshow or not. McShow Destiny and the Pegasus KO GFFMC Wing Zero were also only sold by smaller Chinese sellers.

There will be a Metal Kingdom KO Bandai MB Perfect Strike Gundam coming out next.

4 hours ago, calubin_175 said:

There is still no confirmation as to whether this is Mcshow or not. McShow Destiny and the Pegasus KO GFFMC Wing Zero were also only sold by smaller Chinese sellers.

There will be a Metal Kingdom KO Bandai MB Perfect Strike Gundam coming out next.

Yeah, already preordered that! Some of the sellers have claimed that MK is MC. No idea if this is true.

3 hours ago, brannon said:

can you post a link also how much is shipping to the USA?  if you know.

If you use EzShip, I suppose a few dollars?

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Showstorez PO up:

https://www.gundamit.com/moshow-1-72-metal-build-gat-x105-aile-strike-gundam_p0100.html

They have switch web site name, but the same company, I can login and see my history and points from showstorez

I find this interesting (from their page):

Not guaranteed to get due to certain risks.

10 hours ago, calubin_175 said:

No links. A friend of mine enquired about the availability of the 2021 Strike from a chinese seller on Sunday morning and he added in the reply that the launcher and sword packs are in the works for a future release. This store was the first store to list the item and was also the first public source on this product. They sold 1000+ orders overnight before this item was being widely circulated in the toy collecting community and being listed by other sellers.

Attached is the public statement from Moshow denying that it is their product. They said that in recent days there has been an IP infringing product being discussed in forums that has been falsely associated with their Moshow name.....

Meanwhile, Chinese sample review is up on Bilibili

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ig411V7gR

You could compare with a chinese review on Youtube for the 2016 one.

Both figures are approximately 790g before adding the backpack. IIRC, 1/72 Buster was about 1.3-1.5kg, Vientiane Destiny, Gerbera and Kampfer were all around 1.5-1.6kg. 

In terms of value for money it is there. The 2021 Strike is priced like a 2018 Moshow toy(Buster and Destiny), but if there were to be a Moshow quality Gundam toy to be introduced and sold today, it would be higher than the price of the Kampfer.

In short, for the price point, the 2021 Strike is good and not a failure, if you want a higher quality product, you would need to pay the Kampfer price point or one like the Motor Nuclear ones (MNQ).

moshow28aug.jpg

6 hours ago, calubin_175 said:

Thanks for these infos, @calubin_175. Now I'm thinking if I should just wait for that MB sized Perfect Strike Gundam instead. ;) 

9 hours ago, izrolan said:

Not reasonable at all. It's on Taobao for 699 RMB.

Understood. But my point is that for the price that OhMyPrimus posted which is US$138.70, it's already reasonable compared to basically legit products, say Metal Builds which costs now above US$200. And the current MB Strike at US$180, I think. For its size for a KO/3P product, diecasted and all, I have to say that is already reasonable. How much the original MoShow now if you're going to buy it, even though it got released around US$90 back in 2016? I'm pretty sure that if MoShow is going to reissue theirs today with that new price, I don't think anyone is going to think it's not reasonable.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I find this interesting (from their page):

Not guaranteed to get due to certain risks.

I guess, that is mostly due to the commotion this announcement made over toy forums. ShowZ/Gundamit is already kind enough to warn the customers.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess, that is mostly due to the commotion this announcement made over toy forums. ShowZ/Gundamit is already kind enough to warn the customers.

This was the same with the Kampfer back in January 2020, but since covid 19 hit, they made a few more batches.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for these infos, @calubin_175. Now I'm thinking if I should just wait for that MB sized Perfect Strike Gundam instead. ;) 

Understood. But my point is that for the price that OhMyPrimus posted which is US$138.70, it's already reasonable compared to basically legit products, say Metal Builds which costs now above US$200. And the current MB Strike at US$180, I think. For its size for a KO/3P product, diecasted and all, I have to say that is already reasonable. How much the original MoShow now if you're going to buy it, even though it got released around US$90 back in 2016? I'm pretty sure that if MoShow is going to reissue theirs today with that new price, I don't think anyone is going to think it's not reasonable.

I'd say it's still unreasonable because OhMyPrimus is overcharging customers and still falsely misleading them into thinking that this latest product is from Mo Show. The new Strike Gundam, inclusive of shipping, can be had for 115 to 120 USD. 

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

We understood when you said it the first time.

I was replying to no3Ljm in a discussion on whether the price charged by OhMyPrimus is reasonable. I have no issue with people being okay with OhMyPrimus's price, but I want to get the message out because OhMyPrimus is in my country and it doesn't sit well with me that they're charging an extra 20 to 30 USD for doing nothing. I've also messaged them to tell them that the product isn't Mo Show's but they've not changed anything on their site. I was a long-time lurker here and OhMyPrimus's shady bullshit is why I signed up to let others know that this wasn't a Mo Show product. So please don't condescend when there's no need to. 

The video review on Bilibili is also on YouTube.

The toy comes with the Aile Striker but commenters on the Chinese site have bashed it for having colour separation worse than a HG's. Many commenters are also bashing the Strike for its looks, loose joints (especially the waist joint; with the Aile Striker on, the Gundam's torso tilts backwards) and generally inferior quality compared to Mo Show, but I think they're too harsh. I do like that the design is inspired by the Metal Build Strike and PG Strike and that the armour movements are pretty smooth. As always, YMMV.

Some commenters are speculating that this product is from Nameless, i.e. the company that produced two horrible batches of a Freedom Gundam that had terrible quality control issues. If this is really something made by Nameless, there'll very likely be many angry customers. 

Edited by izrolan

4 hours ago, izrolan said:

I was replying to no3Ljm in a discussion on whether the price charged by OhMyPrimus is reasonable. I have no issue with people being okay with OhMyPrimus's price, but I want to get the message out because OhMyPrimus is in my country and it doesn't sit well with me that they're charging an extra 20 to 30 USD for doing nothing. I've also messaged them to tell them that the product isn't Mo Show's but they've not changed anything on their site. I was a long-time lurker here and OhMyPrimus's shady bullshit is why I signed up to let others know that this wasn't a Mo Show product. So please don't condescend when there's no need to. 

Thanks for your input. To be honest ohmyPrimus has a lot of stuff not sold readily in the US hence why I used them before. Also unless their selling licensed items their price is pretty good to me. But since last year their shipping has gone through the roof. I see no option for economy shipping. Also adding another item to the cart just doubles the price. That’s how I see it from my US standpoint though. 

4 hours ago, izrolan said:

The video review on Bilibili is also on YouTube.

The toy comes with the Aile Striker but commenters on the Chinese site have bashed it for having colour separation worse than a HG's. Many commenters are also bashing the Strike for its looks, loose joints (especially the waist joint; with the Aile Striker on, the Gundam's torso tilts backwards) and generally inferior quality compared to Mo Show, but I think they're too harsh. I do like that the design is inspired by the Metal Build Strike and PG Strike and that the armour movements are pretty smooth. As always, YMMV.

Some commenters are speculating that this product is from Nameless, i.e. the company that produced two horrible batches of a Freedom Gundam that had terrible quality control issues. If this is really something made by Nameless, there'll very likely be many angry customers. 

The waist thing kinda sucks. Hopefully you can get in there with the KiKi joint tightner.

Man, I don't know if I want to cancel my orders now........

EDIT: I canceled my orders

Edited by sqidd