The Third Party Gundam Thread

On 8/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, brannon said:

image.png.888a56fbe1320b83318eb486da455cf3.png
https://ohmyprimus.com/mswx105.html

finally a second chance. Now just need showz to list it.

Oooh. I might bite when it comes to ShowZ. Wish it will have adapters for the Sword and Strike Pack this time around on the Aile Backpack. ;) 

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Help me out here please. I like the look of Gundam stuff a lot, But I know F all about Gundam. I watched a few episodes of Unicorn on NF and it couldn't hold my attention. Probably because I missed 30yrs (or whatever) of back story. Anyway, what model Gundam is this a knock off of? Is it just a Strike? Or some other combination of Gundam nomenclature I don't understand?:hi:

I sure wish that Bandai MB stuff was 1/72. I love these 1/72 size figs. the 1/100's are just too small (IMO).

It's actually Strike with mash-up armors from Musha Gundam.

BANDAI-MG-1-100-Shin-Musha-Gundam-Effects-Action-Figure-Model-Modification.jpg.8ee34ae3260a767bf99be2fdb0529ab4.jpg

I guess, these parts were added to fool licensing like how third party 00Qant and Zeta when it was released.

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. I might bite when it comes to ShowZ. Wish it will have adapters for the Sword and Strike Pack this time around on the Aile Backpack. ;) 

It's actually Strike with mash-up armors from Musha Gundam.

BANDAI-MG-1-100-Shin-Musha-Gundam-Effects-Action-Figure-Model-Modification.jpg.8ee34ae3260a767bf99be2fdb0529ab4.jpg

I guess, these parts were added to fool licensing like how third party 00Qant and Zeta when it was released.

So, what is out there for 1/72? What have I missed?

So far I have seen these:

-McShow 1/72 ZGMF-X42S ZGMF X42S Metal Build MB Destiny Gundam Seed

0f6feed793.jpg

-Vientiane Toys 1/72 Scale ZGMF-X42S Metal Build Destiny Gundam X Barbatos

99e3e59a5c.jpeg

-Poison Toys GAT-X103 Hurricane Buster Gundam 1/72

fc15fb8fe1.jpg

-McShow 1/72 A02 ZGMF-X20A MB Strike Freedom Gundam

This looks like it will be a Strike Freedom??

aaeb5e9e69.jpg

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

So, what is out there for 1/72? What have I missed?

If you're focus more on Gundams and not those 'reimagined' type ones, then there's these too:

Kampfer (Released)

3efb9058e5.jpg.343f31d4e2b00c16cb6bcf9ca89e758e.jpg

fec62e1146.jpg.b7dab3d5474069ff11ca93533251391f.jpg

Gerbera Tetra (Released)

6128b456b4.jpg.b7cb445a075b88204dcd693f612d41ea.jpg

29f5016304.jpg.ab5e85b48e629f7f1e9c334a717d98d6.jpg

X1 Crossbone (On Preorder at ShowZ)

7999720d36.jpg.b26ceaf9641f7fff0cba833b26a53d1e.jpg

30cbf9d6ce.jpg.b18441ade2cab5c5ef5ea52f7d3d47c1.jpg

33b117fe76.jpg.c8375a504e79505a49ee1aa5d097c23f.jpg

9e3af9ab3f.jpg.73ea01dd5a105bdf76b65d3ce1a3d9dd.jpg

Deathscythe Hell Custom (On Preorder at ShowZ)

f0669396d8.jpeg.7a896d25d1e2b1e57d81cf0aa2c4544f.jpeg

cc3781cb90.jpg.7eee3c5b794b5b8fc2a814546ad31cb1.jpg

There's a 1/72 category view on ShowZ:

https://showzstore.com/c/1-72-complete-model_0539

MoShow has a new non-gundam Takeda figure coming very soon. Motor Nuclear is another high quality producer, but their figures are pretty much variations/increasingly complicated versions of the same base figure. (New accessories, colors, $$$.)

FYI, gundamit.com is show's new sister site that's going to focus on action figures/gundam vs Transformers being the main focus of ShowZStore.com. You can login to both sites with the same account.

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

There's also a KO copy of Metal Structure Fin Funnel Expansion Set at ShowZ.

https://www.gundamit.com/gg-jn01-fin-funnel-set-for-rx93v-gundam-kaitai-shou-ki_p0084.html

055394b3f2.jpg.0b8c2324c930bd347233186a7baf8ff3.jpg

00abe25dfb.jpg.c59d172498d5f2fcdb1981d1fc4c62bb.jpg

ef890c1322.jpg.0c6317dc550ab626122f162dbcdb8002.jpg

I'm sorry, I was concentrating on "good guy" Gundam's. I've got these two dudes:

3efb9058e5.jpg

29f5016304.jpg

This guy is in the 1/72 section but it's listed as a 1/100 in the description. Am I missing something?

7999720d36.jpg

This is a bit less Gundam-y than I would like.

f0669396d8.jpeg

I was more wondering if I had missed stuff from the past like the Strike that just got posted up on Oh My Primus. I had never seen that before and I have never seen it on ShowZ. Is there anything else out there that isn't showing up in the ShowZ 1/72 section you guys know of? Thanks:hi:

36 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This guy is in the 1/72 section but it's listed as a 1/100 in the description. Am I missing something?

This is a bit less Gundam-y than I would like.

I was more wondering if I had missed stuff from the past like the Strike that just got posted up on Oh My Primus. I had never seen that before and I have never seen it on ShowZ. Is there anything else out there that isn't showing up in the ShowZ 1/72 section you guys know of? Thanks:hi:

Yeah. I just checked again and it's says 1/100 in the description but was listed in the 1/72 section. I think it's just best to reach out to ShowZ if you're planning on preordering one.

As for your last question. Aside from Strike and the ones I posted above, that's the only 1/72 available with diecast (MB-style) for Gundams. For the rest of 1/72 scale figures at ShowZ, you can click on this link: https://showzstore.com/c/1-72-complete-model_0539

Edit: Just so you know, there's another 1/72 'Gundam' looking on PO at ShowZ called BaiZe. It's like a cross between Freedom and Wing.

49459936cd.jpg.7ffea145c13d125457c6ba8017904ac0.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

48 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Is this just the Valentine Destiny Barbatos with wings? Holy smokes, that has to be 24" tall.

s-l1600.jpg

Yes. Slightly over 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. It’s a pain to display with the quad wings of light attached to it. In all honesty this is my least favorite 1/72 Gundam that I own. The wings of light have a wow factor to them but the Gundam itself is average.  The stand sucks because sometimes I just want my Gundam to stand there with support. This stand doesn’t drop low enough to do so. 

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think that one is just a pre-painted (service) of the actual Bandai kit being sold to customers and not an actual MB-ish fig. I was just showing it to a friend earlier and were checking to see if they used an actual Bandai-ish kit or the possibility of the Daban copy of the kit. It apparently looks like they used actual Bandai kits (or maybe a good copy) because the Daban ver had some panel-line changes/differences.

7 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I think that one is just a pre-painted (service) of the actual Bandai kit being sold to customers and not an actual MB-ish fig. I was just showing it to a friend earlier and were checking to see if they used an actual Bandai-ish kit or the possibility of the Daban copy of the kit. It apparently looks like they used actual Bandai kits (or maybe a good copy) because the Daban ver had some panel-line changes/differences.

I see. It does say Die-cast on the description though. Probably using those die-cast SEED frame they're selling before?

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. It does say Die-cast on the description though. Probably using those die-cast SEED frame they're selling before?

That would be nice if they did, but also up their production cost (its listed at 30$ on Showz and I think similarly on other sites). I'm sure the cost of the metal option parts actually less than listed.
Or it could possibly be mis-labeled as die-cast, but then that would hurt their sales.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Yes. Slightly over 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. It’s a pain to display with the quad wings of light attached to it. In all honesty this is my least favorite 1/72 Gundam that I own. The wings of light have a wow factor to them but the Gundam itself is average.  The stand sucks because sometimes I just want my Gundam to stand there with support. This stand doesn’t drop low enough to do so. 

I was looking at these on feeBay (they're actually pretty inexpensive) and I can't figure out if the box with the wings contains one set of wings or two??? This one for example. Does that come with the double wings so it loosk as pictured or would I need to purchase a second set of wings? I'm not sure how that works.

IDK if I'm into something so big. I really don't know where I would put it. But I've always been attracted to the WOL. I may get one and then figure out what to do with it.

I wish someone would just sell me a MS NU Gundam for less than $3500 so I could get my Gundam fix taken care of all in one figure.

47 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I was looking at these on feeBay (they're actually pretty inexpensive) and I can't figure out if the box with the wings contains one set of wings or two??? This one for example. Does that come with the double wings so it loosk as pictured or would I need to purchase a second set of wings? I'm not sure how that works.

IDK if I'm into something so big. I really don't know where I would put it. But I've always been attracted to the WOL. I may get one and then figure out what to do with it.

I wish someone would just sell me a MS NU Gundam for less than $3500 so I could get my Gundam fix taken care of all in one figure.

Usually these are sold with just one WoL set (2 wings) in a separate box but the listing you linked to has 2 sets (4 Wings). It looks impressive but it doesn't 'feel' impressive. I've had a few close calls almost dropping the damn thing. It's a lot of weight distributed over a large space all on one small peg in it's back like any typical metal build. That peg is made of dense plastic. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

@sqidd There is a KO that appears to be aiming for the MS Nu Gundam - it even comes with the dual fin funnels - caveat is that it is not painted/finished, but appears to be a very similar recast of the original metal structure version - could be an option if you have it commissioned (still likely still end up being under the freeBay going rates of the Nu and funnels). 

Core Cast 1/60 RX-93 v Gundam Luxury Edition - GunDamit Store

28 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

@sqidd There is a KO that appears to be aiming for the MS Nu Gundam - it even comes with the dual fin funnels - caveat is that it is not painted/finished, but appears to be a very similar recast of the original metal structure version - could be an option if you have it commissioned (still likely still end up being under the freeBay going rates of the Nu and funnels). 

It's a KO that costs $1100 USD and it still needs to be painted? Hard pass for me. Maybe send this to LEK so he can do something with this.

I asked around on Taobao and many sellers have claimed that the 1/72 Strike Gundam is supposedly from Mcshow, not Mo Show. Mcshow came out with the 1/72 Destiny Gundam previously.

Edit: OhMyPrimus just informed me that their sources are sure it's Mo Show - apparently many of the 3rd party brands use the same factory. I don't know what to believe at this point.

Edited by izrolan

Strangely enough, MoShow stopped using the name MoShow because they got busted by Bandai and released their Buster 1/72 under the name PoisonToys.

I would assume they’d not risk using the MoShow name again, unless they’re doing it for brand recognition. 

7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

It's a KO that costs $1100 USD and it still needs to be painted? Hard pass for me. Maybe send this to LEK so he can do something with this.

Yeah, HARD pass. I would rather pay $3500 for a real one.

4 hours ago, izrolan said:

I asked around on Taobao and many sellers have claimed that the 1/72 Strike Gundam is supposedly from Mcshow, not Moshow. Mcshow came out with the 1/72 Destiny Gundam previously.

Edit: OhMyPrimus just informed me that their sources are sure it's Moshow - apparently many of the 3rd party brands use the same factory. I don't know what to believe at this point.

48 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Strangely enough, MoShow stopped using the name MoShow because they got busted by Bandai and released their Buster 1/72 under the name PoisonToys.

I would assume they’d not risk using the MoShow name again, unless they’re doing it for brand recognition. 

Bobby Skullface has a really good video on how the knock off and 3rd party makers play the shell game in China and keep popping up under different names, etc. What amazed me is when they get busted how much inventory they have. MILLIONS. These are not small players. I just tried finding the video to link it and couldn't in under 2min, so gave up.:D

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

Yea, originally it was this Aile Strike figure that is being (re-)released that brought the Bandai hammer down on MoShow.

Shell companies we all think are MoShow:

• Poison Toys
  • Vientiane Toys
  • Gigapower (Big & Beefy Dinobots)
  • There's another couple 3rd party Transformers companies that they are supposedly attached to, either same designer or pure rename. (G-Creation?)
  • McShow - opinions are split on this, so reviewers think the one figure released so far doesn't have the same 'feeling' as other MoShows

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, HARD pass. I would rather pay $3500 for a real one.

Is this figure a KO or a custom design? I know ShowZ has listed custom/small batch gundams before.

As eggy99 has said, it doesn't make sense for Mo Show to use their original name when it would just invite trouble from Bandai. Quite a few Taobao sellers have told me it's either Mcshow or an entirely new manufacturer. Only OhMyPrimus is adamant that it's Mo Show (based on their secret sources). Either way, it's 699 yuan on Taobao, which is really cheap, so no harm getting one.

Edited by izrolan

ShowZ/Gundamit has now have 1/72 Strike for PO. No final price posted yet. Need $20 deposit.

https://gundamit.com/_p0100.html

0358d5a8d5.jpg.0481c6c06270306198b9d351651225de.jpg

c679ad24d7.jpg.d116f1efe9999090067b6960c05d1cda.jpg

6d910c7aff.jpg.c9ccbe4cf675f2390ea9cc27a92c1e39.jpg

48b80a2cc6.jpg.7d1e1bcb192c6fb1015f67e06062c938.jpg

022349a7b2.jpg.353db0f30ba69dd862adc6e8c3f6dc7f.jpg

8da23f8dde.jpg.2540db110aca5c7d8174dba4b42433b5.jpg

60c3e721dc.jpg.fde8d87e3a704775f6df5afd99fe8d2c.jpg

I'm kind of considering getting another one. But at this point not sure where to PO since I really prefer ShowZ but there's no price posted. Hope it's lower than Ohmyprimus at US$138.70. Also, I'm wondering if they will ship it in original boxes that comes with it instead of those generic white box for some releases.

Anyone here have some feedback or used Ohmyprimus before?

Edit: The previous release does have the Grand Slam sword.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

*snip*

I'm kind of considering getting another one since it comes with Grand Slam. But at this point not sure where to PO since I really prefer ShowZ but there's no price posted. Hope it's lower than Ohmyprimus at US$138.70. Also, I'm wondering if they will ship it in original boxes that comes with it instead of those generic white box for some releases.

They've been reliable for me.  I think I used them about 3-4 times now for DX Chogokins and third party items.  It does look like that shipping (to NY) is about $136 SGD or roughly $100 USD so it's about $240ish total I think.  I was about to bite at $140 but $240 is out of my budget at the moment.

5 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

They've been reliable for me.  I think I used them about 3-4 times now for DX Chogokins and third party items.  It does look like that shipping (to NY) is about $136 SGD or roughly $100 USD so it's about $240ish total I think.  I was about to bite at $140 but $240 is out of my budget at the moment.

Thanks @sumyumgoy. I'll wait until ShowZ post the actual price and decide from there. Thanks!

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

ShowZ/Gundamit has now have 1/72 Strike for PO. No final price posted yet. Need $20 deposit.

https://gundamit.com/_p0100.html

0358d5a8d5.jpg.0481c6c06270306198b9d351651225de.jpg

c679ad24d7.jpg.d116f1efe9999090067b6960c05d1cda.jpg

6d910c7aff.jpg.c9ccbe4cf675f2390ea9cc27a92c1e39.jpg

48b80a2cc6.jpg.7d1e1bcb192c6fb1015f67e06062c938.jpg

022349a7b2.jpg.353db0f30ba69dd862adc6e8c3f6dc7f.jpg

8da23f8dde.jpg.2540db110aca5c7d8174dba4b42433b5.jpg

60c3e721dc.jpg.fde8d87e3a704775f6df5afd99fe8d2c.jpg

I'm kind of considering getting another one since it comes with Grand Slam. But at this point not sure where to PO since I really prefer ShowZ but there's no price posted. Hope it's lower than Ohmyprimus at US$138.70. Also, I'm wondering if they will ship it in original boxes that comes with it instead of those generic white box for some releases.

So then this is a reissue?

10 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

So then this is a reissue?

For now, it's safe to assume that it is. With an added 'Musha Gundam' armor. Though it wasn't mentioned if it's still going to come with light-up function or an updated Display Stand.

*I edited my previous post. The previous released does have the Grand Slam sword.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @sumyumgoy. I'll wait until ShowZ post the actual price and decide from there. Thanks!

OhMyPrimus only gave me the option of DHL. Right there it means it will be a lot more than ShowZ and shipping by boat.

Also, told you guys if I ordered it from OhMyPrimus ShowZ would list it the next day.:D

oh my Primus was my go to then COVID hit and  the price for shipping killed any deals they had for me. Sinaju, kyshatria, and some others I wanted to buy shipping just made it to high. for some reason this Aile Strike is showing $275 just for shipping to Florida. Plus the $138 for the figure. That’s why I was waiting on Show Z.

8 minutes ago, brannon said:

oh my Primus was my go to then COVID hit and  the price for shipping killed any deals they had for me. Sinaju, kyshatria, and some others I wanted to buy shipping just made it to high. for some reason this Aile Strike is showing $275 just for shipping to Florida. Plus the $138 for the figure. That’s why I was waiting on Show Z.

Since ShowZ/Gundamit only has $20 for deposit and no final price posted yet, I hope it's not going to hit a total of $200 for the figure including shipping to the US. I know for its size, $200 is fair. But I'm being cheap at this point so I hope it's not going to go beyond $200. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, brannon said:

That's nuts. They "only" banged me $90 to MI.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

With the news of this 1/72 Strike Gundam coming from a store in Singapore first before anywhere else, its more likely that this is a real Moshow Reissue B))

Yet Taobao sellers have all told me this is not Mo Show but Mcshow or some other new factory. I've compared photos of the Mo Show Strike to this new Strike and they seem to be the same, however. We'll only be able to tell when someone actually gets the Gundam.