The Third Party Gundam Thread

22 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

wow ok. I mean cool and all but are they just going to now over use the one frame and add pointy stuff to it. I guess gone are the days of slightly modified frames from UC and other series lol ugh 

Uhm.. May I remind you that you're on the Macross forums and we're all about collecting the exact same molds over and over again but with a head and color swap. :D

Joking aside, their designs are pretty slick. I just don't have that emotional connection to them that certain cartoons from my childhood have ingrained in me to justify a purchase. It's art, but art without history, significance, or meaning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At least they gave a good reason for the cancellation. I bought the orange cat tekkaman blade kit from them, but I guess that was actually licensed so there was no issue. They do seem to get a lot of third party transformers stuff, not sure if they ever had any issues come up before 

7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Looking like the release for the Kshatriya Steel Legend Upgrade is near. I have been looking forward to this for like a year. 

https://m.weibo.cn/u/5927634616#&video

That upgrade set looks intense. While I don't need all the extra guns, the funnel effect parts and stand would be great additions to the current kshatriya. 

7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Looking like the release for the Kshatriya Steel Legend Upgrade is near. I have been looking forward to this for like a year. 

https://m.weibo.cn/u/5927634616#&video

Thanks for the heads up on that, hadn't noticed it before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a quick review on this dude? I like Gundam stuff.  But I don't like MB stuff. I think they're just way too expensive for how big they are. And I'm not into toys that height anyway. Too short for my display "balance". Your mileage may vary.

Any hoo, 1/72 Gundam stuff is right up my alley. As long as the quality is good.

Thanks

https://showzstore.com/mcshow-1-72-zgmf-x42s-mb-destiny-gundam_p1281.html

0f6feed793.jpg

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Does anyone have a quick review on this dude? I like Gundam stuff.  But I don't like MB stuff. I think they're just way too expensive for how big they are. And I'm not into toys that height anyway. Too short for my display "balance". Your mileage may vary.

Any hoo, 1/72 Gundam stuff is right up my alley. As long as the quality is good.

Thanks

0f6feed793.jpg

As a quick review: I picked it up as a preorder and was impressed with joints/paint/finish. I didn't put it through a 100-point test, but I give it 5 stars for matching my expectations from what is listed on ShowZ. Supposedly McShow is not connected to MoShow/Vientiane Toys/Poison Toys but I couldn't tell by initial quick glance in comparison to my Hurricane Buster. I think some Youtubers have stated it is not up to MoShow level but I chalk that up to building up MoShow to mythic status.

15 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

As a quick review: I picked it up as a preorder and was impressed with joints/paint/finish. I didn't put it through a 100-point test, but I give it 5 stars for matching my expectations from what is listed on ShowZ. Supposedly McShow is not connected to MoShow/Vientiane Toys/Poison Toys but I couldn't tell by initial quick glance in comparison to my Hurricane Buster. I think some Youtubers have stated it is not up to MoShow level but I chalk that up to building up MoShow to mythic status.

Thank you sir.:hi:

On 7/22/2021 at 5:26 AM, sqidd said:

Thanks

0f6feed793.jpg

Hey @sqidd. Found this one at YouTube. Hope that helps. :good: 

I had no idea it was supposed to be forbidden gundam, but it looks WAY better than the official design ever did so kind of a plus. personally I have a very negative opinion of the Hi-res kits so that isn't giving me good vibes, and it's really expensive for what's ultimately a kit.

it looks absolutely amazing once it's painted and decaled, but it's not gonna look this good out of the box, and I'd be more inclined to get it even at a much higher price if it was a fully finished MB style figure.

http://www.inask.net/blog-entry-2564.html

41 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Anyone else getting this?

original.jpg.8fa3897be589f7050ceae375de997bd2.jpg

Supposedly, it's Zero Gravity's version of the Forbidden Gundam, and it builds like Bandai's Hi Resolution kits.  I just thought it was instantly cool because it's in Nu colors and wields a scythe.

I got it when it initially dropped iirc about $115 shipped. The prices have since gone up because of crazy demand and people have been flipping them.

It's a great build! Yes it's similar to a Hi-Res, but imo better. The inner frame alone is appx 3/4 diecast whereas a Hi-Res is like 1/5th at most. The backpack takes about as long if not just a tad longer than the frame (because of the pre-built).
Mecha Gaikotsu did a great review of it, so did Zaku Aurelius

Oh and MG does note about the flaws of the kit. You cannot complete dual scythes because one will be missing the blue outer frame parts for it (ZG only provides one set. Yet two beam effects, one diecast scythe handle and two plastic scythe handles).
Oh yea and don't look up the custom color variations builders have done... most of them will just make you want the kit more, lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

~$120 is a good price and I'd be down, but the places that aren't sold out are listing it for $190+ rn and that's a nope for me.

Edited by anime52k8

1 hour ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I got it when it initially dropped iirc about $115 shipped. The prices have since gone up because of crazy demand and people have been flipping them.

It's a great build! Yes it's similar to a Hi-Res, but imo better. The inner frame alone is appx 3/4 diecast whereas a Hi-Res is like 1/5th at most. The backpack takes about as long if not just a tad longer than the frame (because of the pre-built).
Mecha Gaikotsu did a great review of it, so did Zaku Aurelius

Oh and MG does note about the flaws of the kit. You cannot complete dual scythes because one will be missing the blue outer frame parts for it (ZG only provides one set. Yet two beam effects, one diecast scythe handle and two plastic scythe handles).
Oh yea and don't look up the custom color variations builders have done... most of them will just make you want the kit more, lol.

That's good to hear, I'll do some browsing and give it a shot.  The redesign is very cool, like anime52k8 said, it's so far removed from the original MS it was based on.

11 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

~$120 is a good price and I'd be down, but the places that aren't sold out are listing it for $190+ rn and that's a nope for me.

Yea going for the first batches of 3rd parties (same be said about official company) to beat later demand prices can be risky because you wouldn't know the quality. 

9 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

That's good to hear, I'll do some browsing and give it a shot.  The redesign is very cool, like anime52k8 said, it's so far removed from the original MS it was based on.

Ya the design is very. The original design needs a lot of help, lol.

• 1 month later...

Wish I had purchased the Launcher and Sword packs previously. Hope they re-release those too or a Perfect Strike pack instead. 

The MoShow 1/72 Strike is the best Metal Build type Gundam toy in my collection.

I probably would not get another one, as it’s so big. 😅

MoShow Freedom or Aegis. That would be amazing! 

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Any reason you guys aren't ordering it from Oh My Primus?

https://ohmyprimus.com/mswx105.html

I've ordered a few items now from ohmyprimus and they've always shipped promptly using DHL Express.  They've also packed the items well.

The only thing I can think of is that show.z might come out to be cheaper and lower initial deposit for the preorder.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

I've ordered a few items now from ohmyprimus and they've always shipped promptly using DHL Express.  They've also packed the items well.

The only thing I can think of is that show.z might come out to be cheaper and lower initial deposit for the preorder.

Well, ShowZ will certainly be less to ship because ShowZ will ship boat and OhMyPrimus only has DHL as an option.

I just PO'd it through OMP. I'm sure ShowZ will list it tomorrow.......:D

6 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Wish I had purchased the Launcher and Sword packs previously. Hope they re-release those too or a Perfect Strike pack instead. 

The MoShow 1/72 Strike is the best Metal Build type Gundam toy in my collection.

I probably would not get another one, as it’s so big. 😅

MoShow Freedom or Aegis. That would be amazing! 

Help me out here please. I like the look of Gundam stuff a lot, But I know F all about Gundam. I watched a few episodes of Unicorn on NF and it couldn't hold my attention. Probably because I missed 30yrs (or whatever) of back story. Anyway, what model Gundam is this a knock off of? Is it just a Strike? Or some other combination of Gundam nomenclature I don't understand?:hi:

I sure wish that Bandai MB stuff was 1/72. I love these 1/72 size figs. the 1/100's are just too small (IMO).