The Third Party Gundam Thread

12 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Finally got my Gurren Lagann in after months... and heartbreak. The ball joint on the neck is snapped clean off. I think it's fixable, but damn.

Has anyone else received one that was decapitated? How difficult was it to fix. Seems straightforward. If it's simple, doesn't seem worthwhile to return it. Anyone have experience with returns to ShowZ that can chime in?

20210201_104319.jpg

20210201_102731.jpg

Contact the CCS Toys manufacturer email. oversea-support@mile-stone.jp

They should get back to you very quickly! 

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Oof, mine came though without any damage, but it's luck of the draw with cheap ferry shipping out of China.

I'd definitely drill+pin that if you attempt to do a glue repair, unlikely just glue will hold.

Yeah, it's pretty delicate - it's ABS plastic, too. I've honestly been pretty lucky in that I've not had to do repair work like this or the damage was such that it required the replacement of the whole unit. I think I can dremel out or even find a wire small enough to fit the holes on each piece. The base of the neck it connects to seems, well, flimsy, so I know I have to be careful there.

Any recommendations on a bonding agent suitable for this? Factor in clumsy hands, too. Need to try to figure out if the torso can be disassembled to make it easier.

I e-mailed the after sale care team yesterday, images and all. The outer box doesn't show much damage, but the inner tray is completely shattered where the feet of the toy were. Despite the decapitation, I've got several metal builds, naturally a plethora of Macross toys over the years, and some odds and ends. This Gurren Lagann is wonderful, among the best for me. Granted, I'm a big fan of the series, so maybe I'm biased, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

If anyone is looking for a Gurren Lagann still, HLJ has one left in stock from the reissue wave.

https://www.hlj.com/ccstoys-tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-gurren-lagann-alloy-action-figure-reissue-ccs07000-2

Out of stock now.

Whoever got that was lucky, the CCS Gurren Lagann is an amazing piece, one of my favorite non-Macross figures.

• 1 month later...

Anyone manage to PO the ZAKU II HIGH MOBILITY TYPE metal composite? I am trying to get one but failed.

Don't know where else to look, will just wait for post release then.

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

Anyone manage to PO the ZAKU II HIGH MOBILITY TYPE metal composite? I am trying to get one but failed.

Don't know where else to look, will just wait for post release then.

Some guys in the Metal Build/Composite/Structure thread posted they managed to get some PO.

@no3Ljm Thanks, I should be more proactive yesterday. :( Oh, well. Hopefully I still get get one after release. It will not be as abundant as the green zaku, but I hope it will not be too bad.

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

@no3Ljm Thanks, I should be more proactive yesterday. :( Oh, well. Hopefully I still get get one after release. It will not be as abundant as the green zaku, but I hope it will not be too bad.

You're welcome. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Thanks for the post! 
been looking for one of these. Now, if i could only find the metal club sazabi....

You mean JiangGao Sazabi, right?

Also, for those who like bust model kits, ShowZ posted preorder of Noah Model 1/35 Sazabi Bust (Chrome Version) for $107.99.

sazabi_bust_dfe1d39ef5.jpg

sazabi_bust_744c1263b4.jpg

Out of the blue, Showzstore sent me the replacement parts for my Gurren Lagann. They got here today. They came through for me and I'm looking to order more from them now.

Have to figure out how to pull the old stuff out and replace it with the new. Carefully... it's one of the nicest pieces I've seen in ages.

11 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Out of the blue, Showzstore sent me the replacement parts for my Gurren Lagann. They got here today. They came through for me and I'm looking to order more from them now.

Have to figure out how to pull the old stuff out and replace it with the new. Carefully... it's one of the nicest pieces I've seen in ages.

That figure its incredible, I dont know much about the series so I didnt try to get one 

But damn do I regret it after seeing some videos and pictures

4 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

more mecha from Moshow

wow ok. I mean cool and all but are they just going to now over use the one frame and add pointy stuff to it. I guess gone are the days of slightly modified frames from UC and other series lol ugh 

8 hours ago, slaginpit said:

wow ok. I mean cool and all but are they just going to now over use the one frame and add pointy stuff to it. I guess gone are the days of slightly modified frames from UC and other series lol ugh 

I guess you could say that.Also they trying build their own ip and designs...so i guess it would be a good way to churnout collectibles and save on molds...hopefully it keeps the prices down...i'd defo bite