The Third Party Gundam Thread

Alright here comes 3P metal build figure number #2 the metal myth Sinanju! This is a really interesting piece. Initially, I thought this was just a copy of the master grade, but with metal parts and some LEDs. I'm pleasantly surprised to see most of the outer armor has been resculpted with new details! The 3P one is also taller than the MG. This is also the 2nd batch that has much less ghetto packaging and the hands are assembled for you. Ironically, the battle-damaged head-fin got bent but I was able to bend it back. Some joints are a little overly tight and I would recommend moving them at the base of the joint to prevent snapping the joint off. Paint is pretty damn good except the fuel tanks could have used another coat of white paint. A few parts also came unglued and needed to be glued back on. I love the stand, the light-up zeon base makes for a great night light. The overall diecast placement is also done well and it makes him feel pretty well balanced. The battle damaged head is a neat inclusion. 

Some interesting changes from the MG would be that they added a more useful mid-torso joint. However, they took out the opening cockpit and the cool wing / thruster expansion. The 3P Sinanju also put the ankle tilt joint too high up the ankle and it greatly limits the range of motion which is disappointing. The fuel tanks are also static and no longer on ball joints. It's also interesting they made the front skirts smaller and the feet bigger. It's also weird the top of the head comes off and I'm really not sure why. At first I thought the batteries went in there, but nope those goes in the back.

For the most part, I'm happy with this piece and it makes for an amazing display piece. I've always wanted a candy red metallic version of the Sinanju, but only model kits were available until now. 

IMG_20200516_173310.jpg.200fbe976f5c49faa2195860d0668800.jpg

IMG_20200516_105810.jpg.15891a43bd0e98e7d42ba13ace860553.jpg

IMG_20200516_174126.jpg.ce80e28e8a0229618448255cf76dfdf1.jpg

IMG_20200516_114846.jpg.dff3e018a5867ecac87046f736859480.jpg

Can you use a standard Metal Build stand on the Jiang Gao Sazabi? Does it even have a port for stands? I realize that it’s a copy of the Infinite Dimension Sazabi which is based on the official Ver. Ka from Bandai but I just want to make sure it fits and a stand could actually support its weight considering how big it is.

41 minutes ago, killatopak said:

Can you use a standard Metal Build stand on the Jiang Gao Sazabi? Does it even have a port for stands? I realize that it’s a copy of the Infinite Dimension Sazabi which is based on the official Ver. Ka from Bandai but I just want to make sure it fits and a stand could actually support its weight considering how big it is.

Sadly I do not see any port or removeable panel to insert it into a common MB stand. He's not as heavy as you would think but so far I'm not sure what stand would be perfect for this guy. 

3 hours ago, killatopak said:

Do you have a the Metal builds?  their stands have default forks that you can place it between the legs of the figure.  you can try to see if it will fit and see how it's weight balances on the stand.  

So apparently there's signs that they raided the Metal Club/Muscle Bear/whatever headquarters, but not their warehouse, and some stock is still getting out. As for if that means the company itself is going to survive, who knows but supposedly orders for stock are still being fulfilled to some degree for the moment. The Avalanche Exia MB KO might even have managed to squeak by before the raid.

ShowZ cancelled my pre-order for:

a38f5b6090.jpg

And cancelled all for this one specifically.

But haven't cancelled my Pre-Order for (see below)

ee678fa73c.jpg

And they still have Metal Club 1/100 ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam Original Color Scheme, but now it doesn't come with the Wings of Light. So I think the fact they have some of thier supplies is a good thing.

Yeah, they're still checking on availability for the Avalanche Exia, which is what I'm waiting on and was going to cancel. They mentioned they got a decent chunk of their last order but not all of it was complete and they're still trying to figure out what else they can get their hands on.

16 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

ShowZ cancelled my pre-order for:

a38f5b6090.jpg

And cancelled all for this one specifically.

But haven't cancelled my Pre-Order for (see below)

ee678fa73c.jpg

And they still have Metal Club 1/100 ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam Original Color Scheme, but now it doesn't come with the Wings of Light. So I think the fact they have some of thier supplies is a good thing.

My PO for that blue Destiny was also cancelled. I didn’t know it came with the Wings of Light though. That’s a damn shame cause Bandai WoL is expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, killatopak said:

Not a gundam but just want to update my previous post about the CCS Gurren Lagann. 

24F4B59D-7EBA-4E1C-A594-CA27B7784C05.jpeg

38DCDDCE-1214-4EEC-A956-5E03B8D576E8.jpeg

740E38A1-EB01-4398-8993-47BEF355803C.jpeg

3CC39173-4AEC-4829-AAD1-ED418EA4E516.jpeg

555539B4-4F1D-442B-B420-C4B1476078CF.jpeg

AEDB8A92-D964-4DB0-BC90-3D3D0C7317A2.jpeg

5348C095-9784-41C3-8757-5A1AB12A64D1.jpeg

50774257-D7A5-469A-BA44-3DF7199036E6.jpeg

B1375785-E938-4409-82DD-BB2DC225BA91.jpeg

It's cool that this GL is official licensed. Their previous products were of high quality so I eagerly await this GL and FINALLY after like 12 years the great impact GL won't be the reigning supreme diecast GL. 

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I wonder if any of the other webstores will be carrying the Gurren Lagann figure since it is officially licensed. 

CCS toy's previous figure the hardcore thunderbolt mecha was sold at HLJ and hobby search so hopefully we will be seeing GL pop up there soon enough. 

3 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

They updated the full price this morning. That's a pricey meatball...and sold out. It looks mightly cool though. 

* Pricey for ShowZ comps, but obviously not  1st party releases. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.52.52 AM.png

I must have snuck in under the wire this morning. I have been looking at previous releases and they go for dumb money. While not inexpensive, it is a lot less than I thought I was going to end up paying for one.

2 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I saw this available this morning available at ShowZ. Pass for me, I just don't have any history or tie into my life for it. I will say it does look pretty bad@$$ though.

I have zero tie in also. I just think it looks cool.:D

Edited by sqidd

Just now, sqidd said:

I have zero tie in also. I just think it looks cool.:D

It does indeed. I just have to may other things tying my money up right now. I doubt aftermarket will be forgiving. Living right outside Minneapolis, Ive decided to shift a few resources to more improved home defense plan with the police going away and all.

3 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

It does indeed. I just have to may other things tying my money up right now. I doubt aftermarket will be forgiving. Living right outside Minneapolis, Ive decided to shift a few resources to more improved home defense plan with the police going away and all.

What could go wrong?:bigshok: