The Third Party Gundam Thread

On 4/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, killatopak said:

Well, I got nothing else to do due to the lockdown in my place so I finally decided to assemble this thing. Holy crap you weren’t kidding about how tight the peg and the port is. crap even the stand was tight when I tried disassembling it since I didn’t want to continue building the thing.

Any tips on loosening rubber to metal joint in these figures for assembly without compromising the tightness when completely built? I’m too scared to break it since I won’t be able to get replacements due to the situation.

I slowly twisted some of them in and hoped for no breaks. But twisting can be dangerous as well so I wouldn't call that a tip. Good luck, have faith.

Hey guys 

So i have this asian guy that buys and sells from me...

Basically he told me a couple of days ago Bandai has gone ballasitc and its taking action to  discontinuing the KO Metal Build Line...

I dont know the reason but apparently the Owners of Metal Club were arrested there will also no longer be any new shipments of Sazabi...

There is some talk about Bandai allowing them to make them as long as they transform

Edit: Sorry not owners but the designers

Edited by slaginpit

On 4/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, killatopak said:

It seems Metal Club/Metal Gear got arrested.

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4497970444566550

Damn. While I only ever bought a 00 raiser from metal club, I appreciated them being around for folks who missed out on the official release and not wanting to pay astronomical secondary market prices. Bandai being quite aggressive as of late, first it was the ceast and desist to mo show, then it was the stop of  KO MG kits, then the metal build digimon company, now metal club is under fire. 

Is JiangGao the same as metal club or are they a different group? 

If this means there will be no more JG Sazabi, then I am totally bummed. Been looking forward to buy one since I missed the first batch.

Anyone know if there are anywhere with stock?

2 minutes ago, kkx said:

If this means there will be no more JG Sazabi, then I am totally bummed. Been looking forward to buy one since I missed the first batch.

Anyone know if there are anywhere with stock?

I haven't been looking for that one specifically but I've had some good luck with otherwise out of stock third party figures on AliExpress.

You just have to keep an eye on the rating of the seller and your shipping options at the moment aren't great. You either pay an extra $50-100 for UPS/FedEx/DHL (if they're available from that seller) or wait upwards of a month for it to go anywhere with or EMS (I've got a third party wings of light that's been sitting at Shanghai airport for 3 weeks so far). 

image.png.8a04d6a2ed7e7a95872ca50d77cc87e3.pngHence the sale now...Specifically they will bring down the hammer on Double00 and Seed...of course whatever stock there is of the Sazabi, the two Ksh's and Sinanju 

I was also told today that the Daban PG Double 00 Riser and possibly some other kits as well. Say goodbye to MC Seed and Wing too...

Stuff on pre-order may just be whatever was made. No information as of yet if the arrests and raid included current stock 

57 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

I haven't been looking for that one specifically but I've had some good luck with otherwise out of stock third party figures on AliExpress.

You just have to keep an eye on the rating of the seller and your shipping options at the moment aren't great. You either pay an extra $50-100 for UPS/FedEx/DHL (if they're available from that seller) or wait upwards of a month for it to go anywhere with or EMS (I've got a third party wings of light that's been sitting at Shanghai airport for 3 weeks so far). 

I have offered to pay the extra shipping on my AGX-04 GP-04 Gerbera Tetra and Motor Nuclear MN-Q01 1/72 Scale Yellow Dragon, its worth it...they wont be around for a while as China is so desperate for Western business. Which is kinda funny considering all the anti western sentiment. So BE polite with your VENDORS...

Edited by slaginpit

11 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

image.png.8a04d6a2ed7e7a95872ca50d77cc87e3.pngHence the sale now...Specifically they will bring down the hammer on Double00 and Seed...of course whatever stock there is of the Sazabi, the two Ksh's and Sinanju 

I was also told today that the Daban PG Double 00 Riser and possibly some other kits as well. Say goodbye to MC Seed and Wing too...

Stuff on pre-order may just be whatever was made. No information as of yet if the arrests and raid included current stock 

To bad its just a model kit. Or I would jump on it. If it was Metal Build type I would pull the trigger.

I was so hoping on the Chars Zuku from Metal club much more detailed...ugh I was lucky to get the Metal Soldier Zuku....Also i guess this kills JG NuGundam Project....Or was it MC i cant remember who was planning on doing a smaller scale of the PG MB one...

What we will see more of is stuff like this ..Which is basically re-using the same frame from Seed and Barbatos 

2020-04-28_15-22-09.jpg

2020-04-28_15-22-39.jpg

19 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

I have offered to pay the extra shipping on my AGX-04 GP-04 Gerbera Tetra and Motor Nuclear MN-Q01 1/72 Scale Yellow Dragon, its worth it...they wont be around for a while as China is so desperate for Western business. Which is kinda funny considering all the anti western sentiment. So BE polite with your VENDORS...

How much was the extra shipping on the Gerbera Tetra? 

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Damn. While I only ever bought a 00 raiser from metal club, I appreciated them being around for folks who missed out on the official release and not wanting to pay astronomical secondary market prices. Bandai being quite aggressive as of late, first it was the ceast and desist to mo show, then it was the stop of  KO MG kits, then the metal build digimon company, now metal club is under fire. 

Is JiangGao the same as metal club or are they a different group? 

JG is different, I think they are the same designers from MC...not too sure. 

And yes while I understand the whole Bandai IP thingy...I get it....But phuck em. Their prices on Macross crap has made many retailers shy away from carrying it. Their bandai stuff is way over-priced...Takara is now guilty of this too. And the quality is sub par too. for Example

The SOC/FIgurarts HB MK2 was absolute crap. It sold for more than the first Hulkbuster and was just crap. 

I dont have it but i watch many videos to get enough from that the Nugundam 1/60 is trash. Its a fancy statue that you can pose a little bit but for me sometimes I want that dynamic pose. 1000 dollars??? Do people realize HOW CHEAP it is to manufab these things. Even on SHOWZ we are overpaying for the KOs by about 20-30% and that included the Black Mamba and Weijiang Mold Fix and paint app changes on the KO transformers 

The prices are obscene and even the Hot Toys are just getting stupid. Since I was laid off from the Telco Company I worked at in Sept '19 and no i cant even find a job due to this lockdown thing I have been selling off parts of my collection ...and the secondary market is full of cheap bastards. You WONT get what you paid most of the time. Transformers even the MP line with the box and all dont hold their value at all. So...buy a KO their value will go up...HOT TOYS KO buy that too. 

LEGO lol some of the cheapest Arseholes on the planet. 60 Year old cucked adults staring at the front window just messing with the glass with their salvating. I was selling my New Lego UCS Falcon with the box and every thing and the stand i bought...couldnt get 800 for it. I bought it new for 1100 with the tax...got rid of it for 650. I was shocked how much I got for my used MG kits and MB gundams. But you wont get those stupid secondary market prices. 

I packed up one Valk for a guy took it out of the cabinet and began to transform it and it crumbled into pieces...Thanks bandai...

So yes while I do agree with IP theft is bad thing I also completely disagree with Corporate Greed as well. So there are options....And when i sell i can sell them for what I paid without worry about guilt for selling them for 20% less the cost. Although I find Americans are far more fair then canadian lowballers which I understand since we are litterly taxed into oblivion 

Edited by slaginpit

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

Did you get an incoming notice for Yellow Dragon or are you trying to stay ahead of the curve? 

I agree, it's worth it to pay for the shipping. Otherwise you're going to be paying ebay mark-ups (and there's always the rogue seller suspicions floating around my head until the item shows up on my doorstep) or US webshop mark-ups...if they stock them. I bought a few items that were located in the US with the ebay markup this week because I know they're going to be hard to get going forward.

We've, or at least I, have been spoiled over the last couple years with cheap goods straight from China. Things are changing and that's just the way it's going to be for a bit.

7 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Did you get an incoming notice for Yellow Dragon or are you trying to stay ahead of the curve? 

I agree, it's worth it to pay for the shipping. Otherwise you're going to be paying ebay mark-ups (and there's always the rogue seller suspicions floating around my head until the item shows up on my doorstep) or US webshop mark-ups...if they stock them. I bought a few items that were located in the US with the ebay markup this week because I know they're going to be hard to get going forward.

We've, or at least I, have been spoiled over the last couple years with cheap goods straight from China. Things are changing and that's just the way it's going to be for a bit.

I would normally pay the full amount after  the first few chinese review videos go up but not a lot of them right now on youtube so im not paying up front for him only for the Gerbera. And im still waiting for my 30 dollar DHL notice of payment required. Again that same guy told me there are issues to get the Yellow Dragon from factory to shipping point..So im not sure we will even see it this year...

Here's small article that describes the Metal club raid: https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2020/04/3600.html

Man, 5600 completed units were seized. It sucks most of these will probably be destroyed. Who knows whoever is in charge of destroying them might flip them for cheap. :lol:

On the bright side, that 3P Sinanju's 2nd batch made it out and actually put it in actual packaging this time. Hopefully, they worked out some of the build kinks too. 

8d834d875a.jpg

75b033e489.jpg

Thinking of dropping some cash to grab some of these before they're all gone... Particularly the Red Comet K, the white dragon, the sazabi, and the G.Tetra...

Is the ShowZ store the place to do that, or what? Would it be prudent, given the circumstances? I imagine y'all have a better idea than I on this.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, SuperHobo said:

Here's small article that describes the Metal club raid: https://ggmara.blogspot.com/2020/04/3600.html

Man, 5600 completed units were seized. It sucks most of these will probably be destroyed. Who knows whoever is in charge of destroying them might flip them for cheap. :lol:

On the bright side, that 3P Sinanju's 2nd batch made it out and actually put it in actual packaging this time. Hopefully, they worked out some of the build kinks too. 

8d834d875a.jpg

75b033e489.jpg

image.png.fe4375edc87d2506e69153b8b920cf56.png

No problems with mine....

Edited by slaginpit

On 4/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, Alphahorizon said:

Maybe if they were faster at shipping out their goods. Even before this whole covid-19 mess happened. Metal Club seems to be slow to start

exactly but also but during this period why shut down peoples ability to make any profit....

8 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Thinking of dropping some cash to grab some of these before they're all gone... Particularly the Red Comet K, the white dragon, the sazabi, and the G.Tetra...

Is the ShowZ store the place to do that, or what? Would it be prudent, given the circumstances? I imagine y'all have a better idea than I on this.

after they come back 

2020-04-30_18-57-08.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, SuperHobo said:

Good to hear! Hopefully, they also affixed the hands together too in the 2nd batch. I'll probably order one when ShowZ gets back and I can get them to DHL it to me. 

I received mine last month with two broken parts that can't be fixed so Show Z Store has sent one replacement part so far and will be sending another soon. Mine also has multiple armor pieces that have no glue or poorly applied glue holding them in place so I've been having to go thru and fix parts that fall off. Also one of the right forearm part that's supposed to open up to expose one of the beam sabers appears to be mistakenly glued closed, but given how the beam sabers don't really fit well in these it's no big loss. I've also had to glue the hands together, and one of the thumbs doesn't seem to fix the hand it's supposed to go with. While the out of box experience is bad, once it's together it feels and looks great, and the paint finish is excellent. I just wish they had spent some effort on the packaging and QA

2 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I received mine last month with two broken parts that can't be fixed so Show Z Store has sent one replacement part so far and will be sending another soon. Mine also has multiple armor pieces that have no glue or poorly applied glue holding them in place so I've been having to go thru and fix parts that fall off. Also one of the right forearm part that's supposed to open up to expose one of the beam sabers appears to be mistakenly glued closed, but given how the beam sabers don't really fit well in these it's no big loss. I've also had to glue the hands together, and one of the thumbs doesn't seem to fix the hand it's supposed to go with. While the out of box experience is bad, once it's together it feels and looks great, and the paint finish is excellent. I just wish they had spent some effort on the packaging and QA

Sounds like your copy was definitely rushed out the gates.  I plan on ordering one from the 2nd batch and I'll report my findings when it comes in. 

Looks cool indeed. I saw that they have put a lot of Devil Hunters out on re order from ShowZ. I am not familiar with the line. I know there are 2 releases so far with 5 more from what I gather. Anyone here have those 2 releases and care to speak on it?