The Third Party Gundam Thread

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I think crackpot wants to see any of the MB Freedoms besides the MC Freedom figure based on slaginpit's post above.

Ah crap, I thought I could help. I'm not even sure what a MC Freedom is. I do have a MK Strike inbound though.

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Ah crap, I thought I could help. I'm not even sure what a MC Freedom is. I do have a MK Strike inbound though.

It's the Metal Club Freedom Gundam that is based on the Master Grade Freedom v2.0 kit.

My Shinanju has arrived at LA warehouse yesterday.

I hope it will not stuck there for 10 days like your Motor Nuclear in NY.

Why company did Showzstore use for their postage? The tracking shows CNE and I have no experience with them. Are they so bad that they often left item in warehouse for days on end?

20 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Have you received the wu ming Freedom you ordered? The left arm on mine fell apart.

My post last January 23. ;) 

On 1/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, no3Ljm said:

On a side note though. I don't think it needed some pictures but my WuMing Freedom (2nd batch release) arrived yesterday. I really like how it looks over the Metal Club one, but I'm not happy with it. For a second batch release figure, the only thing nice that came out I believe from the initial 1st batch release report, the tampo prints looks nice and crisp. Some joints are loose. When the joints gets moved, some of the plastic parts housing the metal joints tend to open up from the seams. The front skirt armors is not glued properly. One of the shoulder armor top portion popped out as well due to lack of glue. :fool:

The only thing I'm glad somehow is that I got it for half the 'original' MSRP price at GMC. :db:

9 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

And boom.

It has appeared.

I don't have time to assemble it right now but packaging and paint look fantastic. So very good first impressions. 

Looking good! Please keep us posted on your thoughts on the figure.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My post last January 23. ;) 

On 1/24/2020 at 2:08 AM, no3Ljm said:

Looks like you guys need to watch some Border Security episodes on Netflix. :rolleyes:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80107514

On a side note though. I don't think it needed some pictures but my WuMing Freedom (2nd batch release) arrived yesterday. I really like how it looks over the Metal Club one, but I'm not happy with it. For a second batch release figure, the only thing nice that came out I believe from the initial 1st batch release report, the tampo prints looks nice and crisp. Some joints are loose. When the joints gets moved, some of the plastic parts housing the metal joints tend to open up from the seams. The front skirt armors is not glued properly. One of the shoulder armor top portion popped out as well due to lack of glue. :fool:

The only thing I'm glad somehow is that I got it for half the 'original' MSRP price at GMC. :db:

Oh yes I was away and didn't check the forums much. Mine is pretty much the same as yours. Has a tempo printing error as well. A real pity as this Freedom looks good aesthetically. Hopefully Bandai's 2.0 will look just as good.

Edited by eXis10z

13 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

And boom.

It has appeared.

I don't have time to assemble it right now but packaging and paint look fantastic. So very good first impressions. 

IMG_6231.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6236.JPG

Nice. I would love it if you can share your thoughts on it.

I actually have mine on hand as well but it’s still sealed. I wanna wait till I get the orange one before I open them both. Yes, I am weird for waiting.

1 hour ago, killatopak said:

Yes, I am weird for waiting.

You're in good company. We're all pretty weird in one way or another.:hi:

I personally have been described as an enigma by more than a few people. Basically if you take my hobbies, recreational activities, profession, personality, beliefs and how I look the combination is well.....weird. A lot of what people would consider contradictions. Maybe even oxymoron's!:rofl:

I wear it as a badge of honor. You should too. Who wants to be "normal"?:good:

Edited by sqidd

Haven't had time to put Motor Nuclear Q02 through the full barrage of tests but initial impressions are that it's an absolutely fantastic figure. I'm a masterpiece Transformers fan at the core, but a fan of robots/mechs/droids overall. And I'm a huge fan of well crafted robots/mechs/droids. This Barbatos theme isn't something that normally pulls me in and with the last minute changes to the figure's design, I may have had decreased expectations but this is a hefty and beautiful bot. He has some crazy tight joints and I wish they painted the black bits, but I think I'm more impressed with him than Kampfer (awesome figure, but a little plain in the end) and Sazabi (which would have been close to perfect with a few layers of red paint.)

They clearly put effort into packaging him securely.

IMG_6255.thumb.JPG.6f55c3405874b93f225b6d362fc5b94d.JPG

Everything you see on the base figure is paint besides the metal and black plastic. (With the bare black plastic being my biggest complaint.)
IMG_6257.thumb.JPG.d3fb30da112adff394bf6d6279733d9f.JPG

The entire black shoulder piece looks out of place to me compared with the rest of the figure.

IMG_6260.thumb.JPG.876fac973d6a246dc192255bfaec4734.JPG

Assembling the metal joints (arms and backpack attachments) will take fortitude and dexterity with all the little sharp bits getting in the way of the super tight tolerances. Seriously, you will need to stretch your finger muscles and mentally prepare yourself the peg vs port throwdown.

IMG_6262.thumb.JPG.b7121171ec4c4eebe3d33e7645bed81c.JPG

There's high quality, low profile panel lining throughout.IMG_6258.thumb.JPG.0684e53942c92e2e31895f8d31129ae9.JPG

A comparison with Metal Club Strike Freedom

IMG_6265.thumb.JPG.65f0f51379f5f0d204efc2e70bf1c838.JPG

So yea. I like it so far. Haven't transformed it yet, attached the weapons or wings but this has turned out very well and I'm looking forward to spending more time figuring him out and hopefully getting updates on his buddy soon.

IMG_6261.JPG

Edited by FattyMoBookyButt

9 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Oh yes I was away and didn't check the forums much. Mine is pretty much the same as yours. Has a tempo printing error as well. A real pity as this Freedom looks good aesthetically. Hopefully Bandai's 2.0 will look just as good.

No worries. The WuMing Freedom for me ended like something that you bought that you cannot return anymore. (Yeah, we're that so super pampered here in the States.) In the end, I'm really not that happy with the purchase. So far, out of those 3P (MB-styled) Gundams that I have, I can rank it from good to bad:

1. JiangGao Sazabi (due to the plastic quality)
  2. Tomemei Cita (lacks locking mechanism on both modes)
  3. WuMing Freedom

I don't have the Sinanju yet. But I'm hoping that it's better than these three in regards to the concerns that I have.

So far, in my books, I can really say that MoShow and Metal Club are the go-to 3P Gundams company. Theirs is also not as perfect but the overall quality somehow matches the originals even with the plastic materials that they use. I just didn't like the design they go for on their Freedom that's why I didn't buy it. Though I'm looking forward on @slaginpit's review on his Metal Club Freedom.

Yes, I'm also looking forward with Bandai's 2.0 on their MB Freedom. Just hoping that they don't copy per se what they did on the MG 2.0 kit. I really hate that phallic balaena cannons.

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

You're in good company. We're all pretty weird in one way or another.:hi:

I personally have been described as an enigma by more than a few people. Basically if you take my hobbies, recreational activities, profession, personality, beliefs and how I look the combination is well.....weird. A lot of what people would consider contradictions. Maybe even oxymoron's!:rofl:

I wear it as a badge of honor. You should too. Who wants to be "normal"?:good:

Thanks lol. Maybe instead of calling us weird I’d just call it unique B))

5 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Haven't had time to put Motor Nuclear Q02 through the full barrage of tests but initial impressions are that it's an absolutely fantastic figure. I'm a masterpiece Transformers fan at the core, but a fan of robots/mechs/droids overall. And I'm a huge fan of well crafted robots/mechs/droids. This Barbatos theme isn't something that normally pulls me in and with the last minute changes to the figure's design, I may have had decreased expectations but this is a hefty and beautiful bot. He has some crazy tight joints and I wish they painted the black bits, but I think I'm more impressed with him than Kampfer (awesome figure, but a little plain in the end) and Sazabi (which would have been close to perfect with a few layers of red paint.)

They clearly put effort into packaging him securely.

IMG_6255.thumb.JPG.6f55c3405874b93f225b6d362fc5b94d.JPG

Everything you see on the base figure is paint besides the metal and black plastic. (With the bare black plastic being my biggest complaint.)
IMG_6257.thumb.JPG.d3fb30da112adff394bf6d6279733d9f.JPG

The entire black shoulder piece looks out of place to me compared with the rest of the figure.

IMG_6260.thumb.JPG.876fac973d6a246dc192255bfaec4734.JPG

Assembling the metal joints (arms and backpack attachments) will take fortitude and dexterity with all the little sharp bits getting in the way of the super tight tolerances. Seriously, you will need to stretch your finger muscles and mentally prepare yourself the peg vs port throwdown.

IMG_6262.thumb.JPG.b7121171ec4c4eebe3d33e7645bed81c.JPG

There's high quality, low profile panel lining throughout.IMG_6258.thumb.JPG.0684e53942c92e2e31895f8d31129ae9.JPG

A comparison with Metal Club Strike Freedom

So yea. I like it so far. Haven't transformed it yet, attached the weapons or wings but this has turned out very well and I'm looking forward to spending more time figuring him out and hopefully getting updates on his buddy soon.

IMG_6261.JPG

Thanks for the review. 

Most of the complaints I’ve seen online are about his redesigned shoulders and head which is understandable if you’re buying it for its connection to Mashin Hero Wataru which this figure is based on along with Barbatos Gundam. While I understand the shoulder changes is because of the unnecessary additional claws in the bird mode along with the pheonix motif instead of a wolf/dragon, I really don’t get the head change. Although when I looked at the box/manual it does mention that they’ve copyrighted the design so maybe Motor Nuclear is making their own original line of toys.

Anyways, Samueldecal posted a picture of this figure with the head and shoulders of the Metal Myth Dragon King Barbatos which looked very similar to the original Motor Nuclear Q02 design. 

Personally, I think the new shoulders look great. I just can’t say the same about the head.

9C090B0A-A09B-477C-B09B-686A1DDC377C.jpeg

The previous designs for comparison.

D6C07E72-A761-40C2-A7F2-C6E67F2F4B98.jpeg

F2C04ABD-022E-4C18-B330-3A802EC68D43.jpeg

Edited by killatopak

2 hours ago, killatopak said:

Although when I looked at the box/manual it does mention that they’ve copyrighted the design so maybe Motor Nuclear is making their own original line of toys.

I noticed that too but I wonder how serious they were when putting it on the first panel of the instructions. I'm sure they think this helps in some way, but I seriously doubt there's any chance of it holding up in court.IMG_6267.thumb.JPG.6ac39f77c46f0d09d321bffc40401a31.JPG

Plus it has a double ended gun! (Is that a translation error or is there a reason a schwwword is a gun?)IMG_6269.thumb.JPG.552d59e70f097ff6e0924f31e07b528a.JPG:

Thanks for the note about Mashin Hero Wataru, I had no idea of the source material. 

I don't really like either of the shoulder designs and prefer the older head. (You'd think they'd include both heads if they were changing at the last minute.) But I'm content with the new one as well.

Edited by FattyMoBookyButt

39 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Plus it has a double ended gun! (Is that a translation error or is there a reason a schwwword is a gun?)

It’s a common translation error in Chinese to English.

Early chinese guns looked like an overly long rifles and since there was no word for a gun then and it looked like a spear they just called the gun a spear. Long story short, spear and gun have the same characters in Chinese so they get switched around often. 

I really only noticed this and researched it cause I read a couple of Chinese novels that always mistranslates gun as spear and vice versa in English.

Edited by killatopak

9 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

That looks pretty frikkin good. I'm feeling a lot better about my Yellow Dragon PO.

So all my ShowZ crap is now in limbo thanks to the &@(@tards at that biolab. 

I asked ShowZ if they needed masks I could send them. Just for them...And I know its bad and I felt bad for asking but i asked if they will be giving refunds, I have at least 750 dollars of product not sent to me yet. 

I sold a lot of my collection to get this stuff. 

Doesnt the site owner live in HK,  I have a friend there and she told me and videod shelves are empty man 

30 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

I asked ShowZ if they needed masks I could send them. Just for them...And I know its bad and I felt bad for asking but i asked if they will be giving refunds, I have at least 750 dollars of product not sent to me yet. 

Doesnt the site owner live in HK,  I have a friend there and she told me and videod shelves are empty man 

There website says they won't be back to work till the 10th, I know it sucks but I wouldn't worry too much. Just give them a little time.

5 hours ago, slaginpit said:

The Motar Nuclear White Dragon which is still on its way (thanks usps >.> and isc) was mailed out from Shanghai. Even if the site owner has a shop in HK, I'm guessing their main wearhouse might be in/around/near Shanghai?

The sinanju from Show.z landed.

Shipping took a bit under 3 weeks.

The item packaging is really bad (Show.Z packaging of the boxes was good). Pieces are just wrapped in thin foam and thrown in the box.

The swivel handle at the back of the bazooka was broken off. It was a minor miracle that this is the only major damage from the bad packaging.

I end up adding a metal rod to pin the handle back on.

The hands/firsts is a huge pain. The thumbs and four fingers piece kept falling off when I try to get it to hold a weapon. Gluing it permanently is also not an option, since it is not "flexible", I don't think I can fix the handle of any weapon in there once glued.

Otherwise, I am very happy with this as it looks really good overall. The joints is a bit stiff, but it is preferable to loose joints. The hand joints can even hold the combined rifle/bazooka up with no problem (not for extended duration, just tested it for a few seconds).

Need to find out the battery size and order some to test out the lighting effect.

18 minutes ago, kkx said:

The sinanju from Show.z landed.

Shipping took a bit under 3 weeks.

The item packaging is really bad (Show.Z packaging of the boxes was good). Pieces are just wrapped in thin foam and thrown in the box.

The swivel handle at the back of the bazooka was broken off. It was a minor miracle that this is the only major damage from the bad packaging.

I end up adding a metal rod to pin the handle back on.

The hands/firsts is a huge pain. The thumbs and four fingers piece kept falling off when I try to get it to hold a weapon. Gluing it permanently is also not an option, since it is not "flexible", I don't think I can fix the handle of any weapon in there once glued.

Otherwise, I am very happy with this as it looks really good overall. The joints is a bit stiff, but it is preferable to loose joints. The hand joints can even hold the combined rifle/bazooka up with no problem (not for extended duration, just tested it for a few seconds).

Need to find out the battery size and order some to test out the lighting effect.

I glue'd mine and shoved weapons in them.

I glued mine as well. You may want to try using clear nail polish to thicken the finger parts so there will be more friction to hold It in place if you still want the ability to add/remove this fingers.  There’s absolutely nothing we can do about the thumb and that will need to be glued in. 

frakk Although my Sinanju "was" shipped in Jan 17 its now week 4 and still nothing I check canada post it says Shanghai but says left originating country.

EDIT. I gave up on the whole video reviews. Canada was always a joke. Under Turdeau its a bigger one. To do business in this country you are better off being a foreigner than a canucker. To ship stuff to the US and overseas is slower by a factor of 3 and its very expensive. To get stuff shipped here is like living in 1850 when your aunt wrote you a letter from england when you were 5 and then you would get it by the time you were 25.  

image.png.c80d21f40ae3fe257163ef3b09ca3742.png

One item has not been shipped which is the Zeta Bumble Bee and the message before was items would ship after FEB 10th now not at all and ask for refund. Jeez 

image.png.64aa40412cc63c70e96dee657fbb1528.png

I hate to do this knowing what they are going through but i can use that money towards other things

Going to ask for refunds.. I think this is it boys. On my podcast tonight one of the topics is the nCOV and a lot of material suggest this was man made and has no signs of slowing down. Even the numbers seem to be down played. It was a nice run while it lasted. I mean whats the old adage. Don't lay all your eggs in one basket. 

Edited by slaginpit

4 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

I think this is it boys. On my podcast tonight one of the topics is the nCOV and a lot of material suggest this was man made and has no signs of slowing down. Even the numbers seem to be down played. It was a nice run while it lasted. I mean whats the old adage. Don't lay all your eggs in one basket. 

Chinese government numbers downplayed? Conspiracy theory much?:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Chinese government numbers downplayed? Conspiracy theory much?:rolleyes:

There are lots of rumors going around now.

Not sure what to believe. A few minutes ago, saw a report about air pollution index in Wuhan is sky-rocketing. The conspiracy theorist estimated the burning of 19,000 human body could be the cause of this.

19K people dies?

Just now, slaginpit said:

if you think so. You dont lock down 200 million people over 600 dead and 30k infected. But if you really think its from bats or wet markets carry on....

The rolley eyes mean sarcasm.;)

I don't believe for a second it's any of those numbers. 

If you want to watch something horrifying watch Chernobyl on HBO. In the first episode a party boss gives a "pep talk" to the lower bosses about how it's going to be handled and what they're going to do with the population "for their protection".  That's my impression of how this is probably going down in China.

1 minute ago, kkx said:

There are lots of rumors going around now.

Not sure what to believe. A few minutes ago, saw a report about air pollution index in Wuhan is sky-rocketing. The conspiracy theorist estimated the burning of 19,000 human body could be the cause of this.

19K people dies?

19K people? It's adorable that you think it's that few.