The Third Party Gundam Thread

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

The wings/binders can be pressed in further where they should catch onto what feels like a rubber o-ring deeper in. It’s weird in that this o-ring only seems to catch the binder after more than 75% of the way into the attachment point. 

Okay, so I didnt press down enough on them! Ty

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This guy just showed up. Packed by a blind squirrel in about a million pieces. Has anyone run across a review/assembly video? I'm sure I can figure it ut. It would be a lot faster witha video though.

What assembly needed? I thought this one is just packed with a different head first?

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This guy just showed up. Packed by a blind squirrel in about a million pieces. Has anyone run across a review/assembly video? I'm sure I can figure it ut. It would be a lot faster witha video though.

bfd0d0d5de.jpg.500x500.jpg

I was afraid the packaging pictures from earlier were just samples being sent out to reviewers......but it sounds like the retail copy is just as bad. Since this is based on the master grade kit, I recommend going on youtube and finding some videos of it being assembled in chunks. Was this not as easy to figure out as the Sazabi? 

5 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I was afraid the packaging pictures from earlier were just samples being sent out to reviewers......but it sounds like the retail copy is just as bad. Since this is based on the master grade kit, I recommend going on youtube and finding some videos of it being assembled in chunks. Was this not as easy to figure out as the Sazabi? 

All I have done is look in the boxes. I've been working (when I'm not screwing around on here). I may take a crack at it in a bit. I'm almost done for the day.

I'll take a crack at assembling it from just a picture. If I can't get it I'll look up that MG stuff. Thanks for the suggestion.:hi:

First I was bummed out when I realized I was missing one of the bottom covers on the booster. Now I'm pissed off. All of the hands are disassembled. They don't snap together in any way shape or form. They have to be glued.

I'm really not happy with this POS right now.

MSN-06 1.jpg

MSN-06 2.jpg

33 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Oh dang. I was really looking forward to this one. And it has already shipped. So no cancellations here.  Sorry to hear the frustration @sqidd:diablo:

On the upside it's good lookin. The paint and detail are fantastic. It makes the finish on the Sazabi look like a well used military vehicle (which may be accurate). It's not exactly what I would call a "toy". It comes in about elevindy billion parts. It's pretty finicky/fragile. It certainly doesn't promote swooshing. It definitely a pose it carefully and leave it alone kind of thing. Which is my MO so that works for me.

I need to figure out how to get it on a YetiStand. I hate colored stands.

1819477022_MSN-063.jpg.20ceaa667b73ccfb1a5e330b865ba7d5.jpg1699607260_MSN-064.jpg.ef7e7772ab98e62e49c06a70f89ff6c2.jpg1524659371_MSN-065.jpg.5c984bb5b0bc7b8d79bcda1a8fa6d00b.jpg

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

On the upside it's good lookin. The paint and detail are fantastic. It makes the finish on the Sazabi look like a well used military vehicle (which may be accurate). It's not exactly what I would call a "toy". It comes in about elevindy billion parts. It's pretty finicky/fragile. It certainly doesn't promote swooshing. It definitely a pose it carefully and leave it alone kind of thing. Which is my MO so that works for me.

I need to figure out how to get it on a YetiStand. I hate colored stands.

1819477022_MSN-063.jpg.20ceaa667b73ccfb1a5e330b865ba7d5.jpg1699607260_MSN-064.jpg.ef7e7772ab98e62e49c06a70f89ff6c2.jpg1524659371_MSN-065.jpg.5c984bb5b0bc7b8d79bcda1a8fa6d00b.jpg

I think it looks nice. If this something you can do on your own build your own MG....something to think about

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

First I was bummed out when I realized I was missing one of the bottom covers on the booster.

In case you haven't seen it, ShowZ has a relatively new `After Sales` link in their main menu for requesting missing parts.

And when you're ready, how shiny is he? I'm a fan of metallic paints but I abstained from ordering this guy because I was worried he'd bring too much bling to the display case...what do you think about the overall presentation in regards to his styling?

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

I think it looks nice. If this something you can do on your own build your own MG....something to think about

I fortunately/unfortunately don't have that sort of time. I pretty much work ever waking moment that I'm not in the gym or chiseling out an hour here and there to un-box/setup toys. And I only sleep 4-5hrs a night. I just opening a second business right now. It will probably be like this for 2-3 more years minimum. I would love to be able to sit down and fiddle with something for hours. It's just not in the cards.

This is not me complaining.

51 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

In case you haven't seen it, ShowZ has a relatively new `After Sales` link in their main menu for requesting missing parts.

And when you're ready, how shiny is he? I'm a fan of metallic paints but I abstained from ordering this guy because I was worried he'd bring too much bling to the display case...what do you think about the overall presentation in regards to his styling?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.......................................................I think it looks incredible. I actually already moved from it's first parking spot to a more prominent one. That paint is fantastic. The whole figure really demands attention. I would buy it all over again without hesitation.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I fortunately/unfortunately don't have that sort of time. I pretty much work ever waking moment that I'm not in the gym or chiseling out an hour here and there to un-box/setup toys. And I only sleep 4-5hrs a night. I just opening a second business right now. It will probably be like this for 2-3 more years minimum. I would love to be able to sit down and fiddle with something for hours. It's just not in the cards.

This is not me complaining.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.......................................................I think it looks incredible. I actually already moved from it's first parking spot to a more prominent one. That paint is fantastic. The whole figure really demands attention. I would buy it all over again without hesitation.

Which box was missing the part 

image.png.b174906ad23fa8c7229d837496465b21.png

9 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Glad to hear everyone's orders are arriving!  It sucks about the Sinanju @sqidd.  From what I hear, show.z is really good at helping people out with that sort of thing.  I hope they can help you out once the holiday is over.

I'm not overly concerned. I filled out a ticket with them and included pics. Hopefully it's as simple as them sending the right part.

34 minutes ago, killatopak said:

Does the base light up? I kinda remember seeing a video of that base including a LED that lights up the logo. I thought that was pretty cool.

In case you missed it.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:09 PM, no3Ljm said:

From @Gundam@EFSF feed at Instagram. The base does light up. :good:

He also have some photos of Sazabi and Sinanju on his feed. 

At 14:07.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What assembly needed? I thought this one is just packed with a different head first?

Edited by no3Ljm

Anyone here got their lower half of Sazabi first? I did. And the pointy bottom part of the shield is kind of bent due to its plastic tray. There wasn’t any clearance nor making the top portion locked so that even though it wiggles during transit, it’s preventing the pointy bottom portion get damaged. Anyone here received their shield bent?

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyone here got their lower half of Sazabi first? I did. And the pointy bottom part of the shield is kind of bent due to its plastic tray. There wasn’t any clearance nor making the top portion locked so that even though it wiggles during transit, it’s preventing the pointy bottom portion get damaged. Anyone here received their shield bent?

Sorry to hear about your shield. I checked mine this morning and it looks fine, no bends or warping. 

3 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Sorry to hear about your shield. I checked mine this morning and it looks fine, no bends or warping. 

Thank you sir. I’ll see if I can fix it thru hot water or something. If not, then I’ll just leave it as is. The funny thing is that both pointy things are bent. Atleast, it’s not that ‘noticeable’. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bleecher said:

For people that have received the KO Sinanju, how did you get the legs to attach to the body? The opening on the body is very tight and I can't seem to slot the legs in.

They push in HARD.

20 hours ago, sqidd said:

They push in HARD.

Attempted again with a tremendous amount of pressure, but no luck. I'm wondering if the pelvis opening is improperly sized. Attached a picture for reference if you wouldn't mind comparing to how yours looked.

On another note, any idea what batteries the figure and the stand take?  Thanks! 

IMG_20200128_233738.jpg

IMG_20200128_233817.jpg

Edited by bleecher

9 hours ago, bleecher said:

Attempted again with a tremendous amount of pressure, but no luck. I'm wondering if the pelvis opening is improperly sized. Attached a picture for reference if you wouldn't mind comparing to how yours looked.

On another note, any idea what batteries the figure and the stand take?  Thanks! 

IMG_20200128_233738.jpg

IMG_20200128_233817.jpg

It looks like mine. If you have a set of calipers measure the ID of the pelvis and the OD od the leg side.

I didn't put any batteries in mine (I don't do toy batteries). Sorry.

55 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Ough, you are lucky guys!

Mine Sinanju stuck on the China post somewhere. I have no any updates for it since i received the tracking code.

I am in the same boat. I assume it has to do with the holiday going until the end of the month.

AND

also on SHowZ

The shipping company will be off work from 1/18/2020 to 2/9/2020 due to Coronavirus.

Edited by Alphahorizon

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

I am in the same boat. I assume it has to do with the holiday going until the end of the month.

AND

also on SHowZ

The shipping company will be off work from 1/18/2020 to 2/9/2020 due to Coronavirus.

Mine was transferred to the China post on January 17th. So, lets start to wait. Hope it will has the same perfect quality as Sazabi. I was really impressed when assembled it and start posing.